Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    I can't seem to get this working.
    when I try to load it just freezes at this screen.
    Last edited by spectre686; 12/03/2009 at 08:55 AM.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ok so new idea besides an .ipk maybe it could be packaged in a patch like file. something that can extract the files and install debian.
    @glorifiedg:

The emulator cant find the Rom... maybe your are in the wrong directory or something:
    "cannot open rom: pok.gbc"
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruth09 View Post
    ok so new idea besides an .ipk maybe it could be packaged in a patch like file. something that can extract the files and install debian.
    Why, its not really usable and everybody who really wants to try this can install it... It is allready almost as easy as it gets, the debian system is allready packed together in one simple file, you just have to resize it that so you can add more stuff to the distribution
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I can't seem to get this working.
    when I try to load it just freezes at this screen.
    I'm a dumba$$. LOL my configuration file for directfb was not in /etc like it should have been LOL..
    All is well on this end.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    I'm getting this error:

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
    I don't have this problem running the nes emulator, but I do when trying to run DOOM.
    Anyone know how to turn down the volume of the emulator cause man is it loud LOL. Also I'm guessing there is a no sound option as well?
    I think my problem is the directory. I have the rom in /media/internal and the two scripts in the same place. Where I have to place them and how? Thanks
    Would anyone be willing to make a debian image with some of this already installed available somewhere? Mine got corrupted somehow after I had done a lot of work installing the emulators and whatnot. It would really be appreciated. I have an ftp server you could upload it to... you can PM me if you'd like.

Thanks in advance.
    I think my problem is the directory. I have the rom in /media/internal and the two scripts in the same place. Where I have to place them and how? Thanks
    as far as i know /media/internal doesnt exist (atleast at that position) anymore when you are "in" debian. I copied my roms and the sh for gnuboy directly into the debian image

EDIT:
    Two more things :
    1. keep nodoze running in the background, so you dont have to change your webos settings to keep the screen on all the time
    2. try moon-buggy (Installation: "apt-get install -y moon-buggy" Run: "./usr/games/moon-buggy), its a fun game that works quite well in the webos terminal (landscape mode only)
    3. Im not a linx/bash pro... but i know its possible, can someone code a simple selector for gnuboy or show me a sample code so i can do it myself
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 12/03/2009 at 11:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I'm a dumba$$. LOL my configuration file for directfb was not in /etc like it should have been LOL..
    All is well on this end.
    no, I'm the dumba$$, I can't get nothin to work on mine! I have no clue how everyone who tries this can getit to work, but me... I'm normally good @ doing thing with instructions...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    as far as i know /media/internal doesnt exist (atleast at that position) anymore when you are "in" debian. I copied my roms and the sh for gnuboy directly into the debian image
    But the debian.sh as to be outside of the debian right? because this script open the debian...

How do I get the roms and the gameboy.sh in the debian?
    But the debian.sh as to be outside of the debian right? because this script open the debian...

How I did it was run the debian.sh script that I made then type exit.
    This takes you out of the CHRoot of debian but does not unmount the image file.
    then I went to were I downloaded the rom and gameboy.sh and I used the cp command to copy it to /media/cf/ as that is the mount point for the debian image.

You can also do this using WINSCP if you have that setup. Just copy your files to /media/cf/whateverdirectory you want it in.

You have to mount the image but not chroot in. Then you can access the debian filesystem on /media/cf/ and copy your roms and launch script (if you have one) somewhere in there. For example copy them to /media/cf/home/root/. You then have to chroot in to /media/cf/ to run the emulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by hu5t13man View Post
    no, I'm the dumba$$, I can't get nothin to work on mine! I have no clue how everyone who tries this can getit to work, but me... I'm normally good @ doing thing with instructions...
    what part are you having trouble with?
    or if you have a webserver running on your desktop just download everything with wget if you have a wifi connection, then you dont have to connect your pre in USBMode to update the files.
    For example, i changed my bash scripts all the time to test what works best, wrote them on my mac and after that just downloaded them to the pre.
    I've made debian.sh on root with vi with the terminal app. Now as far as I understand what you're saying I need to creat gameboy.sh inside the chroot. The problem is my Pre is a German GSM and I dont have the $ symbol, just the €. LOL! All this way to get stuck on this?

Anyway, Ive made to get the rom into the chroot (thanks jayvan) I will try it as we speak.
    just write those scripts on you desktop... its a pain in the a** to do this on the pre

btw here are my scripts
    Here is the first script, it is save in /media/internal on my pre, it mounts the debian image, and executes the emulator script, after running the emulator it unmounts debian again:

To execute it ./gameboy.sh rom.gb
    #!/bin/sh
    export ROM=$1
    mount -o loop /media/internal/debsmall.img /media/cf
    mount --bind /dev /media/cf/dev
    mount -t proc none /media/cf/proc
    /usr/sbin/chroot /media/cf /root/gnuboy.sh $ROM
    umount /media/cf/dev
    umount /media/cf/proc
    umount /media/cf
    Like i said this executes the emulator script, which finally starts gnuboy, the roms have to be in the same directory as the script!, in this case /root/ (/media/cf/root/)
    #!/bin/sh
    export ROM=$1
    export SDL_VIDEODRIVER="directfb"
    export SDL_NOUMOUSE=1
    cd /root/
    sdlgnuboy --scale=2 --density=2 --bind q quit --bind e +up --bind s +left --bind f +right --bind d +down --bind k +a --bind l +b $ROM
    maybe this will help you
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 12/03/2009 at 12:52 PM.
    HELL YEAH! I've made it!

Thank you all!

Did it only using my pre and no linux desktop
    not even novaterm? Thats HARDCORE!!!
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast