Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hu5t13man View Post
    I just went to the ubuntu site and it letting me download 8.0.4.3 LTS.... Is this what you are talking about or is it a different one??? Also, can I do all of this while running on the cd or do I have to install it fully???
    Right... 8.04.3 LTS.

You download the .iso CD Image and then use Virtual Box (a virtual machine) to create a virtual disk from that .iso CD Image.

The instructions should work for you, but the Guest Additions part will need to be figured out by you (which really shouldn't be a huge problem for 8.04.3) before you can transfer any work done on the guestOS (8.04.3) to the hostOS, which is prolly some spawn of Windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Right... 8.04.3 LTS.

You download the .iso CD Image and then use Virtual Box (a virtual machine) to create a virtual disk from that .iso CD Image.

The instructions should work for you, but the Guest Additions part will need to be figured out by you (which really shouldn't be a huge problem for 8.04.3) before you can transfer any work done on the guestOS (8.04.3) to the hostOS, which is prolly some spawn of Windows.
    Thx for replying!! Im extra glad you did because, to me, I thought you were saying that if I use ubuntu to skip down to step 7! Thats just what I was planning to do until you wrote back....
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Where do we place this debian chroot? On the pre?
    should work with a live cd, i did it too
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    should work with a live cd, i did it too
    which version did you use??
    I tried both versions... 8.04.3 kept giving me a "memory error" and would not complete. 9.10 wouldn't finish. I did the update part, took about 30 mins for that, then I entered the next command and it got stucck there..

the only thing different I did was selected a much smaller amount of memory to use. (the low 400's, cuz I got an older laptop. I shoulda selected a smaller amount with 8.04.3, it might have worked but I didn't know at the time.).

also Sonic-NKT, were the instruction in the guide "exactly" what you needed for your pc?? Just askin cuz it was totally different for me, but the guide did help me....
    Like said i used virtual Box and downloaded a PuppyLinux CD,
    created a Machine for puppy linux with a small harddrive... booted up the CD, formated the created HDD, downloaded the unmodified debsmall.img, ran the resize command, then uploaded the new img trough a ftp server back up to my Host System.
    Like said i used virtual Box and downloaded a PuppyLinux CD,
    created a Machine for puppy linux with a small harddrive... booted up the CD, formated the created HDD, downloaded the unmodified debsmall.img, ran the resize command, then uploaded the new img trough a ftp server back up to my Host System.
    I tried to get puppy linux before, but the internet wouldn't work. (couldn't connect.) did you do something special to connect t use puppy linux??
    Alright d00dz... if you tried using my VirtualBox guide earlier, you'd be disappointed because I had added in a few steps that weren't necessary and left off a few important steps to get Shared Folders (AKA: Guest Additions) working properly.

It's corrected and should not give you any errors whatsoever. Just use the same ubuntu-9.10.iso you already downloaded and then start a new Virtual Disk. Basically, just start over from the beginning... but use Ubuntu 9.11 as the name so they don't conflict. You can start a thousand new virtual disks from that one cd image, so don't be afraid.

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2066144

Lemme know if you have any problem now. You should really fly thru the instuctions the way they're setup now. You can skip everything from the git command all the way down thru the rest of that step... that's all meta-doc specific stuff.
    cool, imma try it in a couple hours.. Keep ya phone handy cuz I might have to hit you up on here and ask some questions! Thx
    this thread seems to have been derailed by talk of GNUboy >.> but i do have a question about it...

Ive installed Debian, GNUboy and DirectFB and ive made scripts to run the debian chroot and gameboy apps the problem is that I cant save! GNUboy seems to create a .sav and a .rtc but when you load the same rom after playing once, there is no option to load as if it never created any save.

Is there possibly some opthin to sdlgnuboy that i can add which will make it correctly save/load from the .sav? Im sure i can google around and find more info on this but i thought it would be easier to see if someone before me has solved this.

EDIT: btw great job to whomever figured this out, Its just about the same as having a gameboy emulator app
    i have a script that executes gnuboy in the same folder as where the rom is.... and it always loads up the savegame...
    Global Posts
    109 Global Posts
    i have a script that executes gnuboy in the same folder as where the rom is.... and it always loads up the savegame...
    How do you start the game?

I downloaded Mortal Combat, but I am stuck in the 1 player 2 Players. The up down right left seems to work, but I can't start the game.
    nm! i solved my own issue by adding a save directory and now it auto loads the saves.

If anyones looking:do mkdir save in your debian chroot, then add --savedir=/save/ to the startup command of sdlgnuboy...

As far as starting the game goes:
    bind a,b,start and select with:

--bind X +a
    --bind X +b
    --bind X +start
    --bind X +select

Replace X with whatever pre key you would like to use, my current setup is

W is up, A is left, S is down, D is right, K is B, L is A, G is start, H is select

EDIT: This saving problem was probably caused by the fact that i put my 'gameboy' script in /usr/local/bin of my debian chroot. This allows you to just type 'gameboy ROMNAME' to run the script instead of ./gameboy....
    Last edited by Tag234; 12/02/2009 at 06:17 PM.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    ok so who wants to package this in a nice little .ipk cause i cant chroot. and i dont have a linux desktop. And id love to have a gameboy emulator to shove in my droid lovin girlfriend.
    Ok, im doing all on my Pre, even the resize2fs debsmall.img 500M that took about ~10min

Now i'm stuck on the quick lunch scripting part of gnuboy.

Ive made the 2 scripts and placed int on media/internal. I think I need to put them on root right?
    how do i do this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruth09 View Post
    ok so who wants to package this in a nice little .ipk cause i cant chroot. and i dont have a linux desktop. And id love to have a gameboy emulator to shove in my droid lovin girlfriend.
    I dont know that much about creating apps or .ipk's but i have a feeling that this is harder than that. Debian must be installed and mounted in order to run this and whenever its run, it cannot be minimized into a card....

Im sure its possible but i wouldnt expect it soon.

Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    Ok, im doing all on my Pre, even the resize2fs debsmall.img 500M that took about ~10min

Now i'm stuck on the quick lunch scripting part of gnuboy.

Ive made the 2 scripts and placed int on media/internal. I think I need to put them on root right?
    how do i do this?
    have you tested GNU boy to make sure it works? Once i knew everything was correctly installed, create debian.sh in your root folder and put the commands (plus #!/bin/sh ) to mount debian into this script.

Once that script is created, mount debian and create a second script in your new chroot named gameboy.sh and put the commands used to start sdlgnuboy into it...

From then on, you should be able to start terminal --> goto root, ./debian.sh then ./gameboy ROMNAME to start the rom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruth09 View Post
    That is not that easy...
    currently the emulator runs on a debian system which kind of replace the main system when mounted. So first you would have to compile gnuboy and directfb for the nativ Pre Linux.
    The other Problem is that this doesnt run inside WebOS but on top of it, yeah sure its useable but you cant just minimize it if you want to do something else, you have to quit the whole thing to get back to WebOS.
    So to get this in a really user friendly format, someone has to figure out how to get this running inside WebOS, which isnt possible with the current SDK.
    I Wonder how the developer of the Classic App got this working, but i doubt the share their secret
  19. ird
    Global Posts
    167 Global Posts
    The emulator can be launched from the Mojo Webos Terminal app, which can be downloaded from Preware. The emulator even works with Luna on, meaning you can launch it from the Webos Terminal, and receive calls even when playing a game. To exit games when playing like this, press the orange button or the Gnuboy quit button to return to normal Webos function.

However, with Luna on, the Webos GUI functions will turn off the screen and go into sleep mode after a period of time, which causes the emulator to crash. This period of time is defined in the Webos 'Screen & Lock' application under 'Turn Off After'. A workaround is to either tap the screen periodically before the screen turns off, use the "disable screen timer" functionality in the Webos app "Mytether", or use the "More Standby Times" patch that can also be applied using Preware (original patch notes available here.
    Ahem.
    I'm getting this error:

Twitpic - Share photos on Twitter
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast