Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cdowers View Post
    actually, a linux desktop isn't necessary. Resize2fs is a tool in linux, but I was able to find a windows version. I ran it to resize the debsmall.img file, and can now chroot into debian.
    and how did you do that ?
    i would really appreciate it if you could help me
    Quote Originally Posted by quette View Post
    I can't wait for an nes emulator to come out. That would be so great
    BIG TIME!!!! That would be the best!!
    Sorry I need 3 post more to help you ...
    another one...
    Why is there this 10 Post rule? I think it just will cause people to spam.
    Finally.....

Well I'm able to play Gameboy Roms also a Nes Emulator is there:
    Nintendo - WebOS Internals <- go there for a tut

Best thing you can do is making a sh script outside the debian chroot. I followed this guide:
    PrDoom - WebOS Internals

Then you don't need a Laptop to start gaming .

You can also run this sh script with Gnuboy: Gnuboy - WebOS Internals

Works pretty good. Bad thing about this is you have to shut down luna to get directFB working. So while you are playing you can't use your phone for anything else.

Good Luck. When you need help maybe I can help you .
    WebOS native emulator without command line shenanigans would be AWESOME!
    I'd be happy with "command line shenanigans", so long as it meant an acceptable framerate.

However, I'm really curious what you guys have been using / intend to use as the D-pad. . . . . . I just don't get it.
    I would be happy with WASD /KL (or whatever) controls.
    Motorola Razr -> Palm Centro -> HTC Touch Pro2 -> Palm Pre -> Motorola Droid
    I think RDFG would be better, so you could feel the nub on the F key.

The terminal app uses the 1-9 keys as the arrows, home/end, and pg up/down. So perhaps using 1-9 (excluding 5) could be best?? That way you could actually use diagonals (like 1, 3, 7, 9).
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    bump
    bump also to get 10 posts.. been here for 3 months and still cant view links lol
    This works. I have tested it and made a youtube vid. Search dudestatus palm pre and it should come up.
    Is there anyway to do this without a Linux desktop?
    you dont need a linux desktop... atleast i have heard... there is a windows binary for resize2fs!
    I did it another way, used a puppylinux image for VirtualBox, converted the img and after that you dont need linux anymore.
    Where can I get the puppylinux image? Or better yet, can someone point me in the direction of the windows tool i could use?
    i found a binary somwhere but it was an older version that didnt work...
    for the Images check: VirtualBox® Images
    Hmm, I couldnt seem to get the image I downloaded to work, is there any other options, couldnt someone theoretically compile all the files and scripts together as an ipgk that can just be started in Terminal? Or something like that?
    You guys could try using the first part of my Meta-Doctor Guide, which explains how you can setup your own virtual machine, starting the virtual disk from scratch.

I might suggest using Ubuntu 8.04 instead of 9.10, just so you can actually use Guest Additions to enable file sharing between the hostOS & guestOS. Really shouldn't be too troublesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    You guys could try using the first part of my Meta-Doctor Guide, which explains how you can setup your own virtual machine, starting the virtual disk from scratch.

I might suggest using Ubuntu 8.04 instead of 9.10, just so you can actually use Guest Additions to enable file sharing between the hostOS & guestOS. Really shouldn't be too troublesome.
    I just went to the ubuntu site and it letting me download 8.0.4.3 LTS.... Is this what you are talking about or is it a different one??? Also, can I do all of this while running on the cd or do I have to install it fully???
Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast