Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast
    im starting to get this error now, what should i do?

sdlgnuboy: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL-1.2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Donate Via Paypal to Email Adress: silent2205@gmail.com
    Email: fritos1406@aim.com
    Twitter: @fritos1406
    I have gotten the nes games to work by typing in the commands in Terminal on the Pre like ./nes/sh Mega Man 6.nes, which is cool but a couple questions otherwise...

What game system emulators can you run on the pre? I have read you can run nes, gameboy, and nes. Can you run others, and how do you do it (i.e. what are the paths you type in Terminal?) What do you type to play nes games? do you just type ./nes.sh Romname.nes or is it something else? I tried snes as a guess but couldn't get that to work.

Also, doing everything the way that uses very minimal linux commands (just installing nodoze and terminal via Preware, and then typing the linux commands in Terminal) how do you enable sound? Also does anyone know an easy way to get the games to run in fullscreen?

Thanks to all the developers, and for support from other members.
    Quote Originally Posted by blakcivicsi View Post
    I have gotten the nes games to work by typing in the commands in Terminal on the Pre like ./nes/sh Mega Man 6.nes, which is cool but a couple questions otherwise...

What game system emulators can you run on the pre? I have read you can run nes, gameboy, and nes. Can you run others, and how do you do it (i.e. what are the paths you type in Terminal?) What do you type to play nes games? do you just type ./nes.sh Romname.nes or is it something else? I tried snes as a guess but couldn't get that to work.

Also, doing everything the way that uses very minimal linux commands (just installing nodoze and terminal via Preware, and then typing the linux commands in Terminal) how do you enable sound? Also does anyone know an easy way to get the games to run in fullscreen?

Thanks to all the developers, and for support from other members.
    Your looking at the situation incorrectly. WebOS doesnt currently run any emulators but through a debian chroot, you can install .deb files as if you were on a computer. Therefore, any ARM compilation of an emulator for debian that uses SDL will probably work. (I.E. only Gameboy and NES will currently work.) I dont know how to enable sound for NES, but its automatically enabled for sdlgnuboy. Games will not run in fullscreen unless a developer can port these emulators into WebOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    Your looking at the situation incorrectly. WebOS doesnt currently run any emulators but through a debian chroot, you can install .deb files as if you were on a computer. Therefore, any ARM compilation of an emulator for debian that uses SDL will probably work. (I.E. only Gameboy and NES will currently work.) I dont know how to enable sound for NES, but its automatically enabled for sdlgnuboy. Games will not run in fullscreen unless a developer can port these emulators into WebOS.
    I'm running my nes emulator on fullscreen... And it was pretty easy work
    Hook us up?
    Quote Originally Posted by manis18 View Post
    I'm running my nes emulator on fullscreen... And it was pretty easy work
    yeah hook us up please

Bump for a much needed app. Someone out there will be a hero to me
    Hello,

I've installed all that I believe is necessary, but I'm getting a the same error that a lot of other people seem to be getting: "error loading file." It appears to start up, quit, and then give this message. I am pretty comfortable with Linux, so I'm willing to tinker.
    anything runs fine on my palm pre with webOS 1.3.5.2 but one question: would it be possible to get an on-screen controller? i cant play zelda very well with this small keys... ^^
    Ahh, just had the rom in a bad place. Done, works well :-)
    hello all thank for the hard work.... i was wonderin can any1 help me set up sdl directfb screen size

currently it is

SDL DirectFB_SetVideoMode: 256x224

ive been tryna set the directFB accordin to the wiki

apt-get install -y libdirectfb-1.0-0 libdirectfb-bin libdirectfb-extra
    cat > /etc/directfbrc
    mode=320x480
    pixelformat=ARGB
    no-vt
    no-cursor
    bg-color=00000000
    hardware

but no go for me :-(
    I have some news on the developer's front

palm is releasing something it calls the pdk to allow native c code to run on webos, which is powered by gcc and sdl technologies

The Palm webOS Plug-in Development Kit - Palm Developer Center

This will make it fairly easy to port the nintendo and gameboy emulators mentioned in this form (both are written in c and use sdl) to an actual webos application interface, replacing the terminal app method to launch those programs. The pdk is already available to corporate game developers such as EA, hence the 3d graphics need for speed and sims games available in the app store, but normal developers will have to wait until march to get their hands on it. A port of these emulators using the pdk would potentially enable them to be downloaded and installed via preware/appstore. Plus since these kind of ports would be working with webos instead of around it, they may be able to take advantage of accelerometer/touch screen as means for game controls.
    We already have a native emulator. They ported over Visual Boy Advance a little bit ago. It runs in a card, has a rom select screen, and doesn't require terminal. You should check it out. It's in Preware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    We already have a native emulator. They ported over Visual Boy Advance a little bit ago. It runs in a card, has a rom select screen, and doesn't require terminal. You should check it out. It's in Preware.
    Hey thanks. It is for Gameboy,Gameboycolor and Gameboy advance???? right?.
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleCZR View Post
    Hey thanks. It is for Gameboy,Gameboycolor and Gameboy advance???? right?.
    Yes, it emulates GB, GBC, and GBA. However, GBA games are kinda laggy with the sound turned on. It will improve with future updates though.
    latest version 1.1.0 broke the app. Icon disappears and wont launch from preware
    Samsung SPH-M520 >> LG Lotus >> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sKor_Pre View Post
    latest version 1.1.0 broke the app. Icon disappears and wont launch from preware
    Didn't break for me. If you are having problems with vba, if you haven't done so already go to the official thread at the web os internals developer forum
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by sKor_Pre View Post
    Still works fine for me... Now if only I could decide which Pokemon game I want to play through...
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrett92C View Post
    Still works fine for me... Now if only I could decide which Pokemon game I want to play through...
    you should play pokemon naranja !

Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    you should play pokemon naranja !
    Never heard of that version lol. Is it custom or something?