Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    So because 1.3.5 contains SDL, it should be possible to compile GNUboy outside of debian now, and therefore turn it into an app Now we just need someone to do it. I dont know how to make apps but im pretty sure this should be veeery similar to the recently released doom. Ill try and compile it and see how it goes
    Yesyesyesyesyesyes!
    well, gnuboy-1.0.3 compiled with gcc installed buuut it still compiled into fbgnuboy instead of sdlgnuboy. I'm not really sure why because the ./configure knows sdl is installed. I'll keep playin with it
    Argh, problem again. I had originally put super mario bros and super mario world on in order to play both but i had spaces, causing world to overwrite bros. Now neither works, so my question is, how can I make sure both files are deleted, but leaving my pokemon rom saved on there alone?

Thanks.
    Any chance of getting this setup like Doom?
    Hello all,

I am hoping that you could help me with the following error. I have followed the directions the best I could and am receiving the following error message when typing "./deb.sh" in the terminal:

"mount : mounting/dev/loop0 on /media/cf failed: Device or resource busy mount : mounting none on /media/cf/proc faled: Device or resource busy"

I have not been able to find any solutions to this myself.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    ignore that error and just run the next line it will work.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    OK, finally got it working. 2 things I was screwing up:

Rom Names are case sensitive, I was not capitalizing the rom names

I had the USB Cable plugged into the phone

Any tips on speeding up the emulation? How do you get the > from within the terminal app? Also cannot get the sound to work and I have tried the apt-get install libsdl1.2debian-all
    Last edited by rcgaryk; 01/03/2010 at 11:39 AM.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    HELP. I have done all the requirements on this wiki page. NES and GameBoy Emulators - WebOS Internals

I downloaded this rom file Pokemon Blue ROM Download for Gameboy Color / GBC - CoolROM.com

However when i try to run it i get invalid address some error but i can see the game scripts being launched. Someone please help me!!!
    so is it possible with the 1.3.5 update to make this an actual app with a launch icon or is this still a few steps away?
    i would love to see this on preware just like the doom and Quake games.. outstanding work guys keep it up!!!
    Ivan's Themes main thread

Oklahoma Sooner theme

If you would like to because you like my work or you just want to buy me a drink I would really appreciate it.
    with the news from the weekend it is withoutt a doubt possible... just needs someone to actually code a frontend and compile gnuboy for the native linux system.

PS: sry im cant do it...
    Now if only this could be packaged into PreWare as a user friendly app :-)
    First off, much thanks to all the developers for the hard work with this and the doom/quake adds as well.

For the NES emu, I'm having some issues getting it to work. I followed the easy wiki fully with terminal and debian running though when I go to load ./nes.sh smb.nes, (smb.nes is my nes rom I copied to /media/cf/) it appears to run a script and then says "An error occurred while loading the file."

I've tried a few other nes roms and tested each on the fceux pc version and all seam to work. I've also doublechecked the case and that is fine as well.

Any ideas??

EDIT: Ok for whatever reason now I see the files and can play the roms, though now theres no sound on NES, only on GB and I've installed that other package.

Thanks
    Last edited by wired68; 01/04/2010 at 04:33 PM. Reason: Update
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    +1 on making it easy to launch ala doom.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    +1 as well, that would be the best
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    I think I just killed my phone guys.
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Oh wow my phone finally booted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiako View Post
    I think I just killed my phone guys.
    how?? what way were you setting it up??

And +1 on getting it setup on preware!!!!
    Global Posts
    133 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    how?? what way were you setting it up??

And +1 on getting it setup on preware!!!!
    No I forgot to turn on No Doze and while playing Super Mario 3 the game crashed. Then it didn't want to boot for some reason..

Anyways I have everything working besides sound and I tried installing the additional packages but still no good.
    Last edited by Tiako; 01/04/2010 at 04:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by wired68 View Post
    EDIT: Ok for whatever reason now I see the files and can play the roms, though now theres no sound on NES, only on GB and I've installed that other package.

Thanks
    The same for me, the GB sounds work, but the NES ones do not.
    And yes I installed the package from the debian chroot found on the wiki.

Any ideas?