Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617 LastLast
    Has anyone had any luck getting any gba (gameboy advance) games working?

Included on my deb.sh is sonica.gba and firered.GBA (pokemon) for gameboy advance, however, they both end with linux warnings and invalid addresses.
    NY Giants fan?

Check out my Facebook Group! - Big Blue (NY Giants) which just passed 11,000 members
    and newly formed Fan Page
    Quote Originally Posted by knickrox13 View Post
    Has anyone had any luck getting any gba (gameboy advance) games working?

Included on my deb.sh is sonica.gba and firered.GBA (pokemon) for gameboy advance, however, they both end with linux warnings and invalid addresses.
    Here is worst: when I try to run VBA my Pre freezes...
    Now, a question for the experts. With the GPU drivers out with 1.3.5, is there any emulator that takes advantage of the gpu?!

That would kill Iphone and Droidshi*
    So still no App to download? Have to use command lines and stuff?
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    So still no App to download? Have to use command lines and stuff?
    For now: yes.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmyadagod View Post
    eey man thanks for the link... i got the image =)
    but i have another problem. i hope you can help me with it
    mmmm i did everything in the instructions but when i get to step 7
    (7. Run the following command to configure the key mappings:

fceux --inputcfg gamepad /usr/games/<insert favorite nes.rom>)
    it says that the directfb has not been yet installed... i tryed everthing but did not make it work
    Quote Originally Posted by manis18 View Post
    eey man thanks for the link... i got the image =)
    but i have another problem. i hope you can help me with it
    mmmm i did everything in the instructions but when i get to step 7
    (7. Run the following command to configure the key mappings:

fceux --inputcfg gamepad /usr/games/<insert favorite nes.rom>)
    it says that the directfb has not been yet installed... i tryed everthing but did not make it work
    ? Step 7 is "Type ./deb.sh in the terminal and press enter"

Are you trying to reinstall everything in pre-installed image?!
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    ? Step 7 is "Type ./deb.sh in the terminal and press enter"

Are you trying to reinstall everything in pre-installed image?!
    yeah thats what im doing

was it everything already installed?
    update:
    i got it to work =P but no sound comes out is that how its suppoused to be?
    mmm also how can i get it to play in full screen?
    Last edited by manis18; 12/30/2009 at 07:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by weap0nx View Post
    hi ppl. i have been trying to install the nes and gameboy emulator using the so called 'easy' method described on webos-internals. on set up when i get to part 6 i am not sure where i type 'chmod 755 ./deb.sh' . if it is supposed to be in terminal app then when i do this nothing happens. when i do part 7 'Type ./deb.sh in the terminal and press enter' it says 'mount : mounting /dev/loop0 on /media/cf failed: Device or resource busy mount : mounting none on /media/cf/proc failed : Device or resource busy' . i happen to be a computer biff so i dot have any idea what this means or why it is not working. anyone have any idea?

many thanks

update. i have managed to get the emulater working except there is no sound. also is there a way to save games and exit and resume and that sort of thing. a list of commands somewhere wud be very useful

update 2. now have sound working. boy is it loud. never happy. haha
    how did you get the sound to work?
    can you please explain me so i can do it too
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerstyle View Post
    the rom names are case sensative. So if your rom name is Mario2.nes for example you have to type the M in caps.
    WOW.. Cant beleive that was it. It has now been 7 hours and that was all it took. I wish there was more than one Thanks button.
    Quote Originally Posted by domingan View Post
    WOW.. Cant beleive that was it. It has now been 7 hours and that was all it took. I wish there was more than one Thanks button.
    Windows is the ONLY operating system that is not case-sensitive (not sure about Win7). Welcome to the real world.
    yeah thats what im doing

was it everything already installed?
    update:
    i got it to work =P but no sound comes out is that how its suppoused to be?
    mmm also how can i get it to play in full screen?
    Yes! I've uploaded the image so everyone can use it without having too much work.

how did you get the sound to work?
    can you please explain me so i can do it too
    NES and GameBoy Emulators - WebOS Internals

"For those who are having sound problems, simply type inside the debian chroot:
    apt-get install libsdl1.2debian-all
    Press Enter"

It worked?

Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Windows is the ONLY operating system that is not case-sensitive (not sure about Win7). Welcome to the real world.
    LOLOLOL! It was my first slap in the face some years ago when I've started to play with linux X-)
    hey guys, is there any quick way to get a save off of the pre and onto the computer. I have to doctor my pre, but I dont wanna lose my Pokemon save.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Win 7 still is, because of the broken file systems they still use. Hard link, what is that?!?!
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGustafson View Post
    hey guys, is there any quick way to get a save off of the pre and onto the computer. I have to doctor my pre, but I dont wanna lose my Pokemon save.

Thanks
    You can doctor your pre safely because since 1.3.1 the usb data isnt erased so the deb image with all the saves and stuff will be there after doctoring.
    So because 1.3.5 contains SDL, it should be possible to compile GNUboy outside of debian now, and therefore turn it into an app Now we just need someone to do it. I dont know how to make apps but im pretty sure this should be veeery similar to the recently released doom. Ill try and compile it and see how it goes
    Quote Originally Posted by tag234 View Post
    so because 1.3.5 contains sdl, it should be possible to compile gnuboy outside of debian now, and therefore turn it into an app now we just need someone to do it.
    Do it! Do it!
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    If you need someone to test it... Dibs
    ehm you would still have to get it working as a card in webos... which is the hardest task imo

EDIT: ok have to say i missed the whole doom story cause i slept the whole day... oh man this new year is starting great
    Last edited by Sonic-NKT; 01/01/2010 at 10:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    I think is just a matter of time now
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    So because 1.3.5 contains SDL, it should be possible to compile GNUboy outside of debian now, and therefore turn it into an app Now we just need someone to do it. I dont know how to make apps but im pretty sure this should be veeery similar to the recently released doom. Ill try and compile it and see how it goes

Ive been trying to do this thru the "easy terminal method" for two days now. If you make this possible thru preware, you will be a real american hero.