Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dudestatus View Post
    select button is default space, mentioned in the notes section on the wiki. you can also reprogram it by following the same syntax used for assigning keys to the other buttons in the execution line, using "select" as the key name.
    I think he's referring to the NES emu. In my instance the GB emu uses space for select just fine, but the NES does not. Also I've noticed the NES emu has the A and B buttons backwards (A is the J key and B is the K key, instead of vice versa like the GB emu).

I've tried personally doing the commands I've seen earlier to do the inputcfg to change the NES default buttons, but it doesn't seem to work. I think maybe because I did the "I'm a linux noob" version of the install?
    OK, I figured out how to configure the gamepad. Is there a way to do sound for the NES emulator yet?
    not that i know of unfortunately.. how did you configure the keys?
    Quote Originally Posted by dudestatus View Post
    not that i know of unfortunately.. how did you configure the keys?
    You'll want to initialize directfb first, by typing the command below:
    export SDL_VIDEODRIVER='directfb'

Once you do that you will want to type fceux --inputcfg gamepad1

this should load you up a black screen with an arrow in the upper left corner.

At this point the emulator is waiting for you to define your keys, but you cannot see what it's wanting. I figured out that the key you pick has to be typed twice per button and goes in this order: A button, B button, Select button, Start button, Up, Down, Left, Right, Turbo A button, and Turbo B button. Remember though that you have to hit each button 2x (If you want K to be your A button, you have to hit K twice, etc). Once you do the emulator will dump you back to your linux prompt and your pad will be configured.
    One other question I have.. I've seen how you get the gameboy emulator to save games, but not the NES one. I tried putting the --savedir=/save/ in the ./nes.sh file and it doesn't work. Is there some code? or a save state feature or something?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    I tried putting the emulator on my phone w/ web os and i got everything on my phone, except when i type in the rom name in the terminal the whole screen goes yell for a sec & then goes back to black background and white letters. Any suggestions?
    the rom names are case sensative. So if your rom name is Mario2.nes for example you have to type the M in caps.
    hi ppl. i have been trying to install the nes and gameboy emulator using the so called 'easy' method described on webos-internals. on set up when i get to part 6 i am not sure where i type 'chmod 755 ./deb.sh' . if it is supposed to be in terminal app then when i do this nothing happens. when i do part 7 'Type ./deb.sh in the terminal and press enter' it says 'mount : mounting /dev/loop0 on /media/cf failed: Device or resource busy mount : mounting none on /media/cf/proc failed : Device or resource busy' . i happen to be a computer biff so i dot have any idea what this means or why it is not working. anyone have any idea?

many thanks

update. i have managed to get the emulater working except there is no sound. also is there a way to save games and exit and resume and that sort of thing. a list of commands somewhere wud be very useful

update 2. now have sound working. boy is it loud. never happy. haha
    Last edited by weap0nx; 12/21/2009 at 05:54 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    You need to specifiy the Save dir when start gnuboy with the --savedir= option. I created a directory in my chroot called saved and used --savedir=/save/.
    how in simple terms do u create the save directory please?
    Quote Originally Posted by weap0nx View Post
    how in simple terms do u create the save directory please?
    I dont use a save directory and I've noticed that the emulator saves into th root directory by default. If you dont like this method, some posts ago someone explained how to configure save dir.
    is something like this a possibility for preware?? Preware is as far as i go into my phone with scripts and such since i have no knowledge of linux and terminals..

*I wanna play Pokemon!!*
    Last edited by danman_6; 12/22/2009 at 12:31 PM. Reason: Gotta Catch Em All!
    thanks glorifiedg. i found out how to create directorys then found the directory that is automatically created when u save a game. haha. typical
    Quote Originally Posted by danman_6 View Post
    is something like this a possibility for preware?? Preware is as far as i go into my phone with scripts and such since i have no knowledge of linux and terminals..

*I wanna play Pokemon!!*
    I think is just a matter of time now
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    I think is just a matter of time now
    OHHH Maann!! i can see it now...

"Bulbasaur...VINE WHIP!!""
    having some trouble installing GNUboy through the alternative method. Anyone care to give me a helping hand. I followed the wiki and here's what i got:

i typed " ./deb.sh
    mount: mounting /dev/loop0 on /media/cf
    failed: Device or resource busy
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I resized mine to 1000M just to make sure and haven't run out of space yet.
    and how did you resized your img mine is 400 and I got it from the pacage of the gameboy color installation pakage so idk how to resize it can you help me or sendi the img already resized?... Please!!!!
    The megaupload pack that I've uploaded is 800MB and it's more than enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by weap0nx View Post
    thanks glorifiedg. i found out how to create directorys then found the directory that is automatically created when u save a game. haha. typical
    Are you talking about the NES emulator here? I did the savedir thing for the GBC emulator and it worked great. I put my Final Fantasy rom on here and when I saved via the inn in the game and closed out, when I came back it was not saved.
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    The megaupload pack that I've uploaded is 800MB and it's more than enough.
    could you give me the link to the megaupload pak you up loaded please
    Quote Originally Posted by manis18 View Post
    could you give me the link to the megaupload pak you up loaded please
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...eBoy_Emulators

link in there