Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314151617 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    You have to make sure you are in the directory that the image was donloaded to.. The defualt in ubuntu might be the desktop.

so you need to navigate to /Desktop from the root directory
    I tried doing tht I think by typing /desktop/bunzip2..... But tht didn't work. I also typed cd/desktop/bunzip2.... I really dnt knw much about linux or ubuntu so I'm nt sure if I'm typing the command rite. Am I able to use window xp to get the emulator? If nt I need help plz!!!
    I hv also tried using the wiki about the nes and gb emulator by using the terminal on my phn. I'm nt sure if I'm doing it rite either. I'm gud at following directions so I'm stuck. Don't knw wat my terminal shud say when I type in the commands to let me knw I doing it rite.
    any word on the VBA emulator. it got as far as to the menu screen of the game but ended up freezing on me..
    well i did this set up on wiki: NEW and GameBoy emulators...

and then i got to #5 on the setup an after like an hour of tryin it out i just gave up...
    Quote Originally Posted by maz629 View Post
    well i did this set up on wiki: NEW and GameBoy emulators...

and then i got to #5 on the setup an after like an hour of tryin it out i just gave up...
    NES and GameBoy Emulators - WebOS Internals

Step 5 is "Open Nodoze and then Terminal app"

You can't do it?
    Quote Originally Posted by glorifiedg View Post
    NES and GameBoy Emulators - WebOS Internals

Step 5 is "Open Nodoze and then Terminal app"

You can't do it?
    lol my 1st laugh of the day
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    lol my 1st laugh of the day
    ?
    haha can this get to preware soooon.......I dunno much about rootin
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    I followed the wiki but is the debsmall file supposed to be 800mb?
    My first theme - Mac OSX Theme Gallery or Pre Themer

Learn how to run your pre at 800mhz Here!
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    I followed the wiki but is the debsmall file supposed to be 800mb?
    Yes it is
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    Yes it is
    Thanks! also, is the screen supposed to have weird letters above and below playing screen? thanks again

Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    also where is the select button?

?
    its just the way it wouldve sounded because step 5 should be like the easiest task to open 2 apps
    Quote Originally Posted by fritos1406 View Post
    its just the way it wouldve sounded because step 5 should be like the easiest task to open 2 apps
    Lol! Indeed. Perhaps he's talking about the other wiki setup.
    yeah its normal to for it to have the letters but u can scroll and it would just remain that color without the letters..

and ummm select, not sure maybe backspace..
    Global Posts
    733 Global Posts
    ok thanks! I tried backspace and it doesn't work (need select button to play zelda) also, I am getting no sound. I followed the wiki in entering code to get sound working but still a no go...
    I got the sound to work for the gameboy but not the NES. Is there sound for the NES?
    well, I think I can get gnuboy to run outside of debian but the only way I was able to do it was to modify my root directories size... Idk if that's portable?? Or how I would go about packaging this into ipkss
    @tag
    Did you actually get it running without crash? If so AWESOME and thanks for the hard work dude. I'm going to look more into it now that my finals are over *huge sigh of relief. how was it a size problem? did they put a quota on those file system directories which prevented the install? If so, thats pretty easy to get around. you could change the quota with an extra line in the install script, since we have root, which would be possible. Putting together ipks is pretty easy. It's basically just a container for files, with a directory structure inside that mimics where the files go when it's unpacked in linux. link to more on this: http://www.oesf.org/index.php?title=IPKG_Howto
    Quote Originally Posted by as4life View Post
    ok thanks! I tried backspace and it doesn't work (need select button to play zelda) also, I am getting no sound. I followed the wiki in entering code to get sound working but still a no go...
    select button is default space, mentioned in the notes section on the wiki. you can also reprogram it by following the same syntax used for assigning keys to the other buttons in the execution line, using "select" as the key name.