Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast
    apt-get install -y fceu
    the executable is saved in /usr/games
    ./fceu -inputcfg gamepad1 /usr/games/<insert favorite nes.rom>
    (to config controls )

PS:
    i have problems with it tho, after you close the emulator webos isnt useable anymore and you have to restart webos
    Quote Originally Posted by navinag View Post
    I have also compiled through debian and got gnuboy to for but not NES through Fceux
    http colon //preyourmind dot org/services/feed/us.ryanhope.directfb_1.2.7-2_armv7.ipk
    (i dont remember if were allowed to post links like these >.>)
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    need more posts
    Theoretically, couldnt we download roms in the browser and us Internalz to move them to the proper folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanGustafson View Post
    Theoretically, couldnt we download roms in the browser and us Internalz to move them to the proper folder?
    yeah thats possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Tag234 View Post
    alright well i successfully installed sdl, directfb and gnuboy WITHOUT debian.

However, when i try to run with the normal start script (including SDL_VIDEODRIVER="directfb") i get a:

SDL: Couldn't initialize SDL: No available video device.
    Signal 11

EDIT: dfbinfo doesnt exist leading me to believe directfb isnt running correctly, ill get rid of the ipk version from preyourmind and try to compile it myself tonight...
    maybe it's not available because luna is using it and has it locked out? Try shutting down luna and then running the emu. But yeah looks like it's just not installed/configured right. For some reason I was under the impression that directfb came with the pre. That's how nebooja got the config right for the prboom port. Some article on it awhile back..
    Also, how can I turn the sound down? And is there an easier way to make the NES emulator run faster besides the overclock command. Its too much to enter everytime I wanna play.

Thanks for all the help guys.
    Also, how can I turn the sound down? And is there an easier way to make the NES emulator run faster besides the overclock command. Its too much to enter everytime I wanna play.

i would have said that u can use the p2snippets app to store notes and copy them whenever u want to play...but terminal doesnt support the paste function

just put the overclock lines in a script. all over google, but this might be the easiest way.
    echo "those lines" > overclockon

chmod 755 overclockon

then just type ./overclockon and it will execute those lines in the overclockon file

you can make a similar script for overclockoff like that.

i think the > button in the terminal is shift and .
    you can also just make these files on your pc, and then transfer them over.
    be sure to run chmod 755 <thefilename> to make them executable.
    Okay, and do I enter the two identical lines like one after the other, or enter one, press enter and enter it again and press enter?
    full steps:
    type echo , quote, enter one, press enter and enter it again, close quite, > overclockon, then press enter.

then type
    chmod 755 overclockon

or just make the file on your pc with the two lines and trasfer it over to /var/home/root in webos quick install

or try and find an overclock patch on preware, which would do this too. don't know much about this, and I think some were removed.
    Last edited by dudestatus; 12/07/2009 at 06:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudestatus View Post

or just make the file on your pc with the two lines and trasfer it over to /var/home/root in webos quick install
    With notepad? And just put the two lines and thats all, or is there more that I need.

I'm really sorry for all the dumb questions
    no worries, first time for everything. notepad is fine. google "making linux scripts" for more info
    Okay, one more question. Where can I find where the roms are stored. I can't find them in Internalz, there's some files but I don't know what they are and I can't delete them. I need to delete two roms because I messed up their names.
    Quote Originally Posted by dudestatus View Post
    maybe it's not available because luna is using it and has it locked out? Try shutting down luna and then running the emu. But yeah looks like it's just not installed/configured right. For some reason I was under the impression that directfb came with the pre. That's how nebooja got the config right for the prboom port. Some article on it awhile back..
    Ok i got it seemingly working using Pre Your Mind's directfb and sdl with my compiled sdlgnuboy. I may need to recompile it because i compiled previously with a different version of sdl and now, for some reason, only about half the games that i had (all of which worked on debian) seem to work now. Ill keep playin with it

Heres how it seemed to work:
    Pre Your Mind's DirectFB and SDL will not show up when compiling gnuboy, therefore gnuboy compiled incorrectly UNLESS ipkg-opt sdl and sdl-dev were installed. With these installed, sdlgnuboy will compile BUT when you try to run it with sdl and sdl-dev installed, it gives you an error saying that it cant find a video driver.

Only way ive gotten it to work:
    Install pre your mind SDL and DirectFB
    ipkg-opt install sdl sdl-dev
    (compile gnuboy-1.0.3)
    ipkg-opt remove sdl sdl-dev
    (run sdlgnuboy)

However, there seems to be some problems with using it this way as most games dont seem to load or else crash quickly.. with or without luna on

EDIT: games always crash with invalid opcode 0x(something) at address 0x(something)
    Last edited by Tag234; 12/07/2009 at 11:12 PM.
    Glad this is coming along nicely, I still don't have the technical skills with Linux to do this successfully but I can't wait for an automated way to easily run this through terminal or even a native webos app once the APIs are supported (If ever...)

EDIT:
    I tried the easy method using terminal and the ./deb.sh and ./nes.sh scripts, but keep getting "An error occured while trying to load the file. 00d2299" Something like that, any suggestions?
    Last edited by mattaspira; 12/08/2009 at 04:23 AM.
    take a look at the wiki. If I can, everyone can
    did you unzip your roms? also, a lot of times they have complex names. you should rename it to something simple so you're guaranteed not to misspell when typing the line.
    Im a ******* when it come to this kinda stuff, can anyone help me... i went to wiki and did that the non linux instructions but im having problems...

someone please help!!
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    You linux gurus out there.

I can't seem unmount

"umount /media/cf"

I keep getting device busy...

"umount: cannot umount /media/cf: Device or resource busy"

I am trying to do the following....

exit
    umount /media/cf/dev/pts
    umount /media/cf/dev
    umount /media/cf/proc
    umount /media/cf

I made sure I did not have any other terminals up that was reading the Debian Image ...

How do I fix this?
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast