1.    #1  
    I have a great idea for an app and I'd like to have it built. The problem is I'm a little confused as to where to find a dev that has actually worked with the SDK. I mean someone who could begin building an app right now.

Any such Devs on this forum? Any ideas guys?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    So have you written any code for it at all? Or are you just interested in someone making it for you?
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    So have you written any code for it at all? Or are you just interested in someone making it for you?
    I assume he hasn't done anything yet because he said he wants it "built."
    Quote Originally Posted by kineticvision View Post
    I have a great idea for an app and I'd like to have it built. The problem is I'm a little confused as to where to find a dev that has actually worked with the SDK. I mean someone who could begin building an app right now.

Any such Devs on this forum? Any ideas guys?
    Check out Elance | Hire experts to do your work: outsource to companies, consultants and freelance professionals. This is where you can hire a developer to program for you. Kevin Rose of Digg.com got the first version of Digg up and running by hiring a programing from this site. Since Palm Pre apps are at the core active web pages this would be a good place to start.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I have started writing my own app already on my rooted pre. I have a computer engineering degree and work as a developer for a consulting firm. PM me if you are interested.
    yea Elance is a great place to go for freelance
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Yes Elance would be great but you can also try other alternatives like:
    1. oDesk
    2. Freelancer
    3. Scriptlance
    4. vWorker

These sites are legitimate so you don't have to worry about getting scammed. You can either post your jobs/projects in such sites or search for a developer. When searching for developer, it's always better to check their profile so you can see their ratings and feedback as well as the number of completed jobs - these will indicate the performance of the service provider and whether he can be trusted or not.

You can also post your jobs/projects in such sites and wait for service provider to bid for it. Just make sure you include all the details of the project as well as the requirements so people will know and understand the project.
    Last edited by fissure90; 04/03/2011 at 11:18 AM.
    I might be interested. Send me a PM with your phone number and we can talk it over.
    This thread is almost two years old and needs to be closed...