1.    #1  
    Hi, everyone, i'm a palmer form China and i bought a Palm pre a few days ago. The problem is that my carrier China Telecom use an UIM card to identify the subscribers. Unlike the other carriers, the ESN、IMSI、A-KEY and AN/AAA was written into the UIM card but not the body of the cell phone. If i want to use the Palm pre in China, i have to first buy an UIM card, and then read out the ESN、IMSI、A-KEY and AN/AAA from the UIM card, and then write them back to Palm pre. IS THERE ANYBODY KNOWS HOW TO WRITE THE ESN/AKEY etc TO PALM PRE ??????
    Last edited by gazix; 06/14/2009 at 08:50 AM.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    You're looking to change the ESN of your Pre unit? I imagine there is software that will allow you to flash the phone with new programming, but it will not be readily available.
    R-UIM cards are not something that are used in the United States so chances are very few on this forum will even know what you are talking about.
    Moved to web OS Development
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by yoshk View Post
    You're looking to change the ESN of your Pre unit? I imagine there is software that will allow you to flash the phone with new programming, but it will not be readily available.
    R-UIM cards are not something that are used in the United States so chances are very few on this forum will even know what you are talking about.
    Yes i have to seek a way to change the ESN of my Pre unless i can find some guys from inside the Carrier to close the AKEY authentication. There are some software which can work on Palm 700wx, such as "cdma workshop V.2.7.0". I just want to know is there any software can work on Pre?
    楼上的朋友是吹友吧的吗?大陆拿到pre的第一人?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by notell2 View Post
    楼上的朋友是吹友吧的吗?大陆拿到pre的第一人?
    嗯,经常泡treo8,Pre还在途中,先求救如何写号,免得到时候只能拿块漂亮的砖头到处走
    Has anyone tried connecting QPST to the Pre?
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I've tried using CDMA Workshop but the problem is that the Pre does not show up as a COM port or a modem in Windows, so CDMA Workshop cannot see the phone. I believe you can change the AKEY by typing in ##AKEY# from the dialpad.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    check on mobile-files.com there is extensive developments there
    Thanks for this post, extremely useful!!
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    您好狗。去提取骨。
    Palm Pre MEID/ESN Solution (QXDM) - Mobile Files dot com
    Have fun

PS - You may not want to do this. Be very careful! Read this warning: http://mobile-files.com/forum/showpo...&postcount=101