Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    so the flipflop is the homebrew app?
    so when can there be progress in a GBA emulator???
    not much has been going on as far as game emulators go lately? Any hope of these things working for non rooted pres and with some onscreen controls. Controls would work well with nultitouch screen.
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    not much has been going on as far as game emulators go lately? Any hope of these things working for non rooted pres and with some onscreen controls. Controls would work well with nultitouch screen.
    Unfortunately, the current SDK doesn't give access to the low level system functions. Until that is provided, you might see a Java game emulator.

Follow the progress of ZodTTD, he's got some PS2 emulation in development.

-nebj00la
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    bump. i want this on my phone
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruth09 View Post
    bump. i want this on my phone
    +1. would love snes and gba on my pre!!
    this was faked if you didn't already know . There is also another vidio on utube that someone is supposedly playing need for speed .you can find it if you search for it. But its faked as well . At least that's the roomer on both of these . Since they won't show it loading and actull movement when buttons are pushed lol . I even think there is one with mario playing too .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this was faked if you didn't already know . There is also another vidio on utube that someone is supposedly playing need for speed .you can find it if you search for it. But its faked as well . At least that's the roomer on both of these . Since they won't show it loading and actull movement when buttons are pushed lol . I even think there is one with mario playing too .
    Please show me were this was proven to be faked? the reason you dont see them tapping and app in launcher, selecting a ROM, and anything before the actual gameplay is because you need to shut down Luna first to free up the video interface. it also needs to be done in a shell on the pc or the Terminal app. this is the only way to do it right now since the current SDK has no low level access. Nintendo has been running on linux for probably a decade or so. nothing at all stoping it from running on the Pre except palms lack of API support...which stopping Luna solves.

Now NFS on the other hand is a completely different world as I dont know of it running on linux with source code available to rebuild. thats not to say its real or fake just that i'm not aware of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    this was faked if you didn't already know
    If you're referring to the first post of this thread which shows running FCEUltra inside a Debian chroot via directfb then you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

The Nintendo port was done by a WebOS Internals developer, and has full instructions on the wiki page which allow any experienced developer to replicate it (hint: that's one easy way to separate fakes from the real thing - fakes don't have instructions on how anyone can do it, they just have a YouTube video and nothing else).

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If you're referring to the first post of this thread which shows running FCEUltra inside a Debian chroot via directfb then you are ABSOLUTELY WRONG.

The Nintendo port was done by a WebOS Internals developer, and has full instructions on the wiki page which allow any experienced developer to replicate it (hint: that's one easy way to separate fakes from the real thing - fakes don't have instructions on how anyone can do it, they just have a YouTube video and nothing else).

-- Rod
    Hey Rod, any plans on turning this into an app of some sort?
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    Hey Rod, any plans on turning this into an app of some sort?
    It has to kill the webOS UI to operate at the moment, and we don't know enough about direct framebuffer access inside a card to make it work well enough to be an app.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    I'm able to launch NES from the Terminal app (using nohup to kill and restart LunaSysMgr) but the key mappings can't be setup through Terminal app. Is there a way to setup a config file with permanent key mappings?

If this can be done, I can put together an install script that will make it easier for anyone to run direct from Terminal app.

http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Talk:Nintendo
    Last edited by xorg; 11/28/2009 at 08:56 PM.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    not talking about the first post ! my bad lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    I'm able to launch NES from the Terminal app (using nohup to kill and restart LunaSysMgr) but the key mappings can't be setup through Terminal app. Is there a way to setup a config file with permanent key mappings?

If this can be done, I can put together an install script that will make it easier for anyone to run direct from Terminal app.

Talk:Nintendo - WebOS Internals
    So did you down load the debian packages and install it?

I wasnt sure if there was a way around this or if someon ew could compile this specifically for webos and redistribute it....
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    ^It's on Preware. Need to download fceux, direct frame buffer, simple directmedia layer.

Create a script /usr/local/bin/nes

ROM=$1
    nohup nes2 $ROM &

Create a script /usr/local/bin/nes2

ROM=$1
    export SDL_VIDEODRIVER='directfb'
    /sbin/initctl stop LunaSysMgr
    fceux --keepratio 1 --sound 0 --bpp 8 $ROM
    /sbin/initctl start LunaSysMgr

chmod 755 nes nes2

nes path/nes.rom

The nohup allows the script to continue after Terminal app is killed and will even restart Luna after game quits. But can't do key mappings from Terminal app.
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    thanks.. I will play around with it....

^It's on Preware. Need to download fceux, direct frame buffer, simple directmedia layer.

ROM=$1
    nohup nes2 $ROM &

ROM=$1

chmod 755 nes nes2

nes path/nes.rom

The nohup allows the script to continue after Terminal app is killed and will even restart Luna after game quits. But can't do key mappings from Terminal app.
    are you sure they are on preware bc I can't seem to find them, what feed are they on.

ROM=$1
    nohup nes2 $ROM &

ROM=$1

chmod 755 nes nes2

nes path/nes.rom

Global Posts
    489 Global Posts
    xorg..can you post the feed that you found these on. I have feeling it was a feed that was removed...all I would need is the feed address.

ROM=$1
    nohup nes2 $ROM &

ROM=$1

chmod 755 nes nes2

nes path/nes.rom

hey when were done trying to get nes on the pre, can someone figure out to put the powermat or the powergun bluetooth so i can play nes olympics or duckhunt on my pre
    <moved>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast