1.    #1  
    I realize most of us are probably SSH'ing to our phone over wifi (and maybe even have ppp logins disabled) but I'd like to setup my ppp IP address to get dynamically updated so that I don't have to open a web browser every time I want to get my IP address for SSH access.
    I noticed there is a ddclient package in ipkg-opt; the sourceforge page says they support several protocols, including dyndns. However I have a no-ip account; is there any way to sync the two of these up? Can I assume that the ddclient package is safe to install? (I wasn't sure where to do this research...a link or forum would be much appreciated!)

Thanks, and good luck to all the hackers out there!
    Just a warning about ddclient. When I installed it available memory was quickly eaten up. It also significantly reduced responsiveness and the dreaded "too many cards open" message was displayed.

Not sure if it was my implemention which involved creating a uevent script to start and stop it but it was not what I expected.

I am currently working on a shell script that you can drop into /etc/ppp/ip-up.d and it will run when the ppp0 interface is brought up. Theoretically it should work but we'll see in practice.

Perhaps someone can find out a better way to use ddclient.
    Quote Originally Posted by aginresearch View Post
    Just a warning about ddclient. When I installed it available memory was quickly eaten up. It also significantly reduced responsiveness and the dreaded "too many cards open" message was displayed.

Not sure if it was my implemention which involved creating a uevent script to start and stop it but it was not what I expected.

I am currently working on a shell script that you can drop into /etc/ppp/ip-up.d and it will run when the ppp0 interface is brought up. Theoretically it should work but we'll see in practice.

Perhaps someone can find out a better way to use ddclient.
    same problem here. ddclient is making my phone warm. is there an easy way to remove the application?
    Use inadyn. I'm still having trouble getting it to update dyndns after a reboot though, but it will update eventually depending on your refresh setting.