Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 61
  1.    #1  
    After rooting your Pre, open up /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

    at line 1166 you'll see
    Code:
                            // if the INCOMING message was sent longer than 10 minutes before it arrived on device,
                            // add sent date to indicate that this delay happened
                            if(!ChatFlags.isOutgoing(msg.flags) && msg.deviceTimeStamp && msg.timeStamp && (msg.deviceTimeStamp-m
                                    var d = new Date();
                                    var today = d.getTime();
                                    d.setTime(msg.timeStamp);
                                    var sentTimeStamp = d;
    
                                    // Only show the message sent time if it is less than two days old
                                    // from when it arrived on device
                                    if(today-msg.timeStamp <= (1000*60*60*24*2)) {
                                            msg.timeStampDeltaMsg = new Template($L("Message Sent: #{dateTime}")).evaluate({dateTime:Mojo.Format.formatDate(sentTimeStamp,'short')});                                
                                    }
                            }
    just comment it it all out and replace it with
    Code:
                                    var d = new Date();
                                    var today = d.getTime();
                                    d.setTime(msg.timeStamp);
                                    var sentTimeStamp = d;
                                    msg.timeStampDeltaMsg = new Template($L("Message Sent: #{dateTime}")).evaluate({dateTime:Mojo.Format.formatDate(sentTimeStamp,'short')});
  2. #2  
    awesome, thanks man!
  3. #3  
    Can you post a screenshot so we can see what this looks like?
  4.    #4  
    Well my post count isn't big enough but
    http://bit.ly/3KgQz

    The Pre normally reserves that "Message sent: ..." text for when messages are delayed upon sending or receiving by 10 minutes.
  5. #5  
    I tried this but after reboot when i clicked a message i got....nothing, just a blank white screen
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I tried this but after reboot when i clicked a message i got....nothing, just a blank white screen
    You most likely made a typo. My guess would be that you left in a trailing bracket at the end of the original "if" statement...or unbalanced the brackets in some other way. Hopefully you backed up the original file on the device, but if not, you can pull a backup from the TAR...assuming that is the same.
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 06/14/2009 at 12:58 AM.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    You most likely made a typo. My guess would be that you left in a trailing bracket at the end of the original "if" statement...or unbalanced the brackets in some other way. Hopefully you backed up the original file on the device, but if not, you can pull a backup from the TAR...or you can post it here and we can look at it.
    All I added was the /* at the beginning and */ at the end and pasted the line below that... I undid those changes and it's fixed, but not sure how to get it to work, what did I miss?
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    All I added was the /* at the beginning and */ at the end and pasted the line below that... I undid those changes and it's fixed, but not sure how to get it to work, what did I miss?
    I'm guessing that you commented out either one too many or one too few brackets.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    I'm guessing that you commented out either one too many or one too few brackets.
    Tried again...same result.... crazy...

    i start before the line with the // and end after the second } at the bottom??
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Tried again...same result.... crazy...

    i start before the line with the // and end after the second } at the bottom??
    That should be correct. To be safe, put the opening /* and the closing */ on their own lines. Also, make sure that you get the next line pasted in fully on a line after the closing */ ...including the final semi-colon.


    Caveat: I haven't tried this one myself yet, but I am taking the OP at his word that this works. The code looks pretty straightforward though and it is easy to see what he is stripping out.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    That should be correct. To be safe, put the opening /* and the closing */ on their own lines. Also, make sure that you get the next line pasted in fully on a line after the closing */ ...including the final semi-colon.


    Caveat: I haven't tried this one myself yet, but I am taking the OP at his word that this works. The code looks pretty straightforward though and it is easy to see what he is stripping out.
    I give up.. not worth the hassle...
  12. #12  
    for some reason when i try to open the file it tells me permission is denied What i did now diffrent then in the past is i am working on it on my netbook so i just installed everything i believe i am doing same thing as i did before i ran talk.py and all i dont understand i can connect and sighn in as roon and all but when i try to open the file says i dont have permissions

    Update:

    Sorry i wasnt typing in vi
    Last edited by jack87; 06/13/2009 at 11:33 PM.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    for some reason when i try to open the file it tells me permission is denied
    did you make the volume read-write and sudo vi to edit it?
  14. #14  
    is there anyway i can get an example of what the code should look like when you are done
  15. #15  
    Probably not without violating Palm's IP. In fact, that block of code above is questionable. We should be doing this with line numbers. The last thing we want to do is **** Palm off at this point. They have been very cool thus far.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Probably not without violating Palm's IP. In fact, that block of code above is questionable. We should be doing this with line numbers. The last thing we want to do is **** Palm off at this point. They have been very cool thus far.
    got it steve.. hum so what do you guys all use to know which line the code is in.. i am using putt as my telnet client but i dont see any lines. i just did it but i dont know if its right pre is restarting now. have you tried it yet steve
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    I tried this but after reboot when i clicked a message i got....nothing, just a blank white screen
    I just came across the same thing. im not sure what we are doing wrong.
  18.    #18  
    Sorry you guys are having trouble. The way I did it was just to comment out every line listed above using // (including closing braces) except the original line that begins "msg.timeStampDeltaMsg"
  19. #19  
    I have just used VI for changes like this. You can just hit :xx where xx is the line number to get there. When I ripped out an app, I did it on Windows and pushed it.

    Regarding your question, I haven't tried this one yet...but I just copied the code out of the IFrame above and noted that the condition in the IF statement is truncated...which is not good. I'll hook up my Pre, pull the original file, and see if I can come up with new instructions.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
  20. #20  
    um.. so you commented each line individualy till the one that beggins with msg.timeStampDeltaMSG did you comment out the two brackets at the end... and where did you add that line you said to replace it with.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions