Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Okay so very simple the quotes text from scuba steve bellow is all it takes to add time stamps for each message very useful i love it! remind me of my centro/treo755p

So the fallowing is what should be submitted to the wiki

Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    To add time stamps for each message do the fallowing

In the following file:

\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\app\controllers\chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

Add // at the beginning of the following lines:

1169 - line that starts with: if(!ChatFlags.
    1177 - line that starts with: if(today-msg.
    1179 - first closing bracket on its own line: }
    1180 - second closing bracket on its own line: }

Save, reboot, and enjoy.
    I have created a page on the wiki for the mod:

pre dev wiki: Stock Application Mods
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Is it possible to remove the default way that the Pre adds timestamps and only use the ones added by this hack? It seems a bit redundant on today's messages.

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by WillJitsu View Post
    Is it possible to remove the default way that the Pre adds timestamps and only use the ones added by this hack? It seems a bit redundant on today's messages.
    agreed, how can we disable the "5-minute interval" timestamps with the SMS icon.
    I would like to keep the SMS icon so I can distinguish between SMS and GTalk, but there is no need for the timestamp on that line. Any ideas?
    I keep getting permission denied when i try to access /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

Here is what happens:

root@castle:/# /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messagin
    g-luna-service.jsjsjs
    /bin/sh: /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs: $Permission$ $denied$

thanks for any help!
    u have to use an editor to edit a file...

what you are trying to do by that command is to execute messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs

heehe

use vi or other editor

vi /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/models/messaging-luna-service.jsjsjs
    I would like to keep the SMS icon so I can distinguish between SMS and GTalk, but there is no need for the timestamp on that line. Any ideas?
    yeah, I changed the timestamp frequency to something huge. with this hack:

forums.precentral.net web-os-development 190978-change-message-timestamp-frequency html

instead of five minutes it only puts the divider with service icons (sms or gtalk) and timestamp to show the different services, but it won't put the divider between messages to/from the same service until the x minutes is reached, which I think I put mine at a few hours, 250 or something.

I tried this out and it works.

that sort of does what you're trying to do, just with the timestamp hitching a ride on the service divider.
    Quote Originally Posted by hmagoo View Post
    yeah, I changed the timestamp frequency to something huge. with this hack:

forums.precentral.net web-os-development 190978-change-message-timestamp-frequency html

instead of five minutes it only puts the divider with service icons (sms or gtalk) and timestamp to show the different services, but it won't put the divider between messages to/from the same service until the x minutes is reached, which I think I put mine at a few hours, 250 or something.

I tried this out and it works.

that sort of does what you're trying to do, just with the timestamp hitching a ride on the service divider.
    So you changed the "5" to "250" and followed the rest of the hack exactly?
    So you changed the "5" to "250" and followed the rest of the hack exactly?
    1. I did this hack "Little hack to add date/time to all SMS texts"

2. In the Message Timestamp Frequency hack instead of changing the 5 minute to 1 minute, per the example in , I changed it to 250 minutes.

You still get your divider with gtalk or sms icon, to mark the differences, and unfortunately it does have the timestamp on there. But it doesn't put that divider there for any other reason, except every 250 minutes (I would think so far, so good) or at the beginning of conversations, of course.
    Gotcha. That'll work until someone comes up with a more elegant solution. Thanks!
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    i know this is probably not the right thread but since im doing this hack, maybe someone here can help me.

i get "q not implemented" when trying to quit vi. what am i doing wrong?
    I just found a problem with the timestamps enabled through this method. It was working fine earlier today, but now my incoming texts are being timestamped an hour in the future. You can see the difference between the default timestamp and the new smaller one in the pic I attached. Any idea what would cause this?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    I just found a problem with the timestamps enabled through this method. It was working fine earlier today, but now my incoming texts are being timestamped an hour in the future. You can see the difference between the default timestamp and the new smaller one in the pic I attached. Any idea what would cause this?
    Timezone?
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Timezone?
    CST
    CST
    I think the original poster was trying to ascertain if you were texting between two different timezones.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattbrad2 View Post
    I think the original poster was trying to ascertain if you were texting between two different timezones.
    Ahh. No, I'm in the same time zone. In fact, I'm sitting in the same seat that I was sitting in this morning when it was working.
    Just wanted to add if you want to have a "Received Message" & "Sent Message" Here is the Code i used for the effect. (Same 1166 Line)

Code:
    if(ChatFlags.isOutgoing(msg.flags)) {
     var d = new Date();
     var today = d.getTime();
     d.setTime(msg.timeStamp);
     var sentTimeStamp = d;

msg.timeStampDeltaMsg = new Template($L("Message Sent: #{dateTime}")).evaluate({dateTime:Mojo.Format.formatDate(sentTimeStamp,'short')});
    }
      else
    {
     msg.timeStampDeltaMsg = new Template($L("Message Received: #{dateTime}")).evaluate({dateTime:Mojo.Format.formatDate(sentTimeStamp,'short')});
    }
    Thanks to the OP for this little hack, i'm loving it! now to see how creative we can get with this
    Quote Originally Posted by Phrozen View Post
    Just wanted to add if you want to have a "Received Message" & "Sent Message" Here is the Code i used for the effect. (Same 1166 Line)

Code:
    if(ChatFlags.isOutgoing(msg.flags)) {
     var d = new Date();
     var today = d.getTime();
     var sentTimeStamp = d;

msg.timeStampDeltaMsg = new Template($L("Message Sent: #{dateTime}")).evaluate({dateTime:Mojo.Format.formatDate(sentTimeStamp,'short')});
    }
      else
    {
     msg.timeStampDeltaMsg = new Template($L("Message Received: #{dateTime}")).evaluate({dateTime:Mojo.Format.formatDate(sentTimeStamp,'short')});
    }
    Thanks to the OP for this little hack, i'm loving it! now to see how creative we can get with this
    Doest this hack give you an option to view only sent/received messages instead of both in one conversation?
    Wow i thought i updated my post after i found out i made a mistake here is the correct code, the above code would make mistakes like crazy when it would receive a SMS/MMS like setting the time it arrived at the last known arrival (usually the incorrect time)

But this one actually asks it to stamp when either:
    A.) a message is received
    or
    B.) a message is sent

Code:
    if(!ChatFlags.isOutgoing(msg.flags)) {                                 
       var d = new Date();
       var today = d.getTime();
       var sentTimeStamp = d;

msg.timeStampDeltaMsg = new Template($L("Message Received:#{dateTime}")).evaluate({dateTime:Mojo.Format.formatDate(sentTimeStamp,'short')});
    } else {
       var d = new Date();
       var today = d.getTime();
       var receivedTimeStamp = d;

msg.timeStampDeltaMsg = new Template($L("Message Sent: #{dateTime}")).evaluate({dateTime:Mojo.Format.formatDate(receivedTimeStamp,'short')});
    }
    Sigh can't even PM scuba or tk to have them add this to the wiki, rather them add it or someone else whoever put up the new posting over at http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/Messaging_Mods
    Last edited by Phrozen; 07/21/2009 at 02:27 AM.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast