Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    hum... this would be very useful to me it was the first thing i was looking for when texting. its perfect i cant wait to get it working haha thanks for sharing just not having any luck yet
    Last edited by jack87; 06/14/2009 at 12:34 AM.
  2.    #22  
    Whoa, something AJAXy happened to the original post while I was trying to edit it.

Anyway I have to apologize to jack87 and mdmogren. The original post should appear like this:

Line 1166 of /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

Comment out the following block:
    Code:
                            //if the INCOMING message was sent longer than 10 minutes before it arrived on device,
    			// add sent date to indicate that this delay happened
    			if(!ChatFlags.isOutgoing(msg.flags) && msg.deviceTimeStamp && msg.timeStamp && (msg.deviceTimeStamp-msg.timeStamp) > (1000*60*10)) {
    				var d = new Date();
    				var today = d.getTime();
    				d.setTime(msg.timeStamp);
    			        var sentTimeStamp = d;

// Only show the message sent time if it is less than two days old
    				// from when it arrived on device
    				if(today-msg.timeStamp <= (1000*60*60*24*2)) {
    					msg.timeStampDeltaMsg = new Template($L("Message Sent: #{dateTime}")).evaluate({dateTime:Mojo.Format.formatDate(sentTimeStamp,'short')});
    				}		
    			}
    and replace with
    Code:
    				var d = new Date();
    				var today = d.getTime();
    			        var sentTimeStamp = d;
    			        msg.timeStampDeltaMsg = new Template($L("Message Sent: #{dateTime}")).evaluate({dateTime:Mojo.Format.formatDate(sentTimeStamp,'short')});
    I had inadvertantly done two different versions of the commenting on my PC and on the Palm itself and reported the hack incorrectly.
    Okay...so I see the issue...but now the original post is gone. I am rebooting and I will test my modification to his prior instructions and get right back.
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 06/14/2009 at 01:00 AM.
    IIIx -> Tungsten T -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Launch day Pre
    Yeah...okay, the fix works.

The OP was telling you folks to take out too much code. We also need all of the code that sets up the date string. I'll give the instructions here...but FIRST I want to preface these instructions with the caveat that I am just fixing the OP's instructions. This is a big file and I have not gone through the entire thing to see if other changes are required. That said, I made the fix on my pre and it seems to do what he wanted.

In the following file:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.messaging/app/controllers/chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

Add // at the beginning of the following lines:

Save, reboot, and enjoy.
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 06/14/2009 at 01:41 AM.
    BTW, a general piece of advice - before editing any of these files for the first time, copy it to the same directory with a .bak extension. You never know when you are going to get one of these files completely FUBAR.
  6.    #26  
    I have to apologize to the others in this thread. I inadvertantly had a different version of the hack on my PC than what was originally on the Pre.

For some reason as I attempted to modify the original post to correct the problem, it vanished. My replies appear to be put into moderation queue as well, adding to the frustration.

Anyway the final code around that lives around line 1166 should look like this.
    Code:
    			// if the INCOMING message was sent longer than 10 minutes before it arrived on device,
    			// add sent date to indicate that this delay happened

// Show sent date always!  -- TK102 
    			//if(!ChatFlags.isOutgoing(msg.flags) && msg.deviceTimeStamp && msg.timeStamp && (msg.deviceTimeStamp-msg.timeStamp) > (1000*60*10)) {
    				var d = new Date();
    				var today = d.getTime();
    				var sentTimeStamp = d;

// Only show the message sent time if it is less than two days old
    				// from when it arrived on device
    				// Show sent date always!  -- TK102 
    				//if(today-msg.timeStamp <= (1000*60*60*24*2)) {
    				//}		
    			//}
    Considering the fact that the original .jar posted a couple days ago contains the original source code, I don't think there's too much to worry about posting a small code block, but I hear you Steve. Again, sorry for the frustration folks.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Yeah...okay, the fix works.

The OP was telling you folks to take out too much code. We also need all of the code that sets up the date string. I'll give the instructions here...but FIRST I want to preface these instructions with the caveat that I am just fixing the OP's instructions. This is a big file and I have not gone through the entire thing to see if other changes are required. That said, I made the fix on my pre and it seems to do what he wanted.

In the following file:

\usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\app\controllers\chatview-assistant.jsjsjs

Add // at the beginning of the following lines:

Save, reboot, and enjoy.
    Too bad I've edited the file so many times I have extra spaces and don't know which lines you're talking about :P Where can I find the orig file?

EDIT: I guessed right - basically just take out the if's and the curly braces, leave the variables... Thanks scooba!
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmogren View Post
    Too bad I've edited the file so many times I have extra spaces and don't know which lines you're talking about :P Where can I find the orig file?
    I'm not sure that the one in the TAR is the same...so I'll see if I can be more descriptive without violating Palm's IP:

1169 - line that starts with: if(!ChatFlags.
    1177 - line that starts with: if(today-msg.
    1179 - first closing bracket on its own line: }
    1180 - second closing bracket on its own line: }

EDIT: I guessed right - basically just take out the if's and the curly braces, leave the variables... Thanks scooba!

NP bro...enjoy!

cheers,
    Steve
    Next can we figure out how to show the time in the main conversations view (where it shows all texts?) and not just in an individual thread? Where do we look.
    Next can we figure out how to show the time in the main conversations view (where it shows all texts?) and not just in an individual thread? Where do we look.
    Probably listview-assistant.jsjsjs ...$but$ $that$'$s$ $a$ $guess$. $I$ $haven$'$t$ $opened$ $up$ $any$ $of$ $the$ $other$ $files$ $yet$. $Funny$ $thing$ $is$, $I$ $liked$ $the$ $timestamps$ $the$ $way$ $that$ $they$ $were$ $before$ $this$ $mod$. $I$ $just$ $edited$ $mine$ $to$ $see$ $what$ $was$ $up$ $with$ $the$ $OP$'$s$ $instructions$. $I$ $am$ $switching$ $mine$ $back$ $now$.
  12.    #32  
    Have been trying to reply to this thread a couple times only to find my posts slotted into the moderator queue and PMs are not yet available so I couldn't use that route to clarify. I'll omit the code blocks that was I trying to post here and simply say thanks Steve for helping fix my error and my apologies to jack and mdmogren. I had a different version of the code on my PC than what was on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Probably listview-assistant.jsjsjs ...$but$ $that$'$s$ $a$ $guess$. $I$ $haven$'$t$ $opened$ $up$ $any$ $of$ $the$ $other$ $files$ $yet$. $Funny$ $thing$ $is$, $I$ $liked$ $the$ $timestamps$ $the$ $way$ $that$ $they$ $were$ $before$ $this$ $mod$. $I$ $just$ $edited$ $mine$ $to$ $see$ $what$ $was$ $up$ $with$ $the$ $OP$'$s$ $instructions$. $I$ $am$ $switching$ $mine$ $back$ $now$.
    The problem isn't in the current day view (that shows timestamps) it's in the previous days, where there are not any timestamps at all.... it's a little redundant for the current day but a good mod overall i think... maybe we could get fancy and change that if statement to only timestamp past dates?
    The problem isn't in the current day view (that shows timestamps) it's in the previous days, where there are not any timestamps at all.... it's a little redundant for the current day but a good mod overall i think... maybe we could get fancy and change that if statement to only timestamp past dates?
    Yes...that should be easy enough....and would be nice. That said, I just rolled back changes and am rebooting...and the little woman is starting to wonder when I am coming to bed. Have a good one guys!

cheers,
    Steve
    So just add comments to those lines no need to add extra line of code? so this is showing when you sent a messge? does it include when you recive to?
    Quote Originally Posted by tk102 View Post
    Have been trying to reply to this thread a couple times only to find my posts slotted into the moderator queue and PMs are not yet available so I couldn't use that route to clarify. I'll omit the code blocks that was I trying to post here and simply say thanks Steve for helping fix my error and my apologies to jack and mdmogren. I had a different version of the code on my PC than what was on my Pre.
    No worries thanks for sharing your finding! its what ive wanted from the start. and thanks steve for going through the process although you didnt care for it much. you rock. and i guess i can count as a beta tester for this mod lol
    sweetness this is perfect!!!! i dont understand steve why do you preffer the other way? considering all it did was just add a time stamp or is it missing something that i am not noticing?
    Glad to help guys! Always fun hacking around...and thanks to TK for getting the ball rolling...and mdmogrenand Jack for verifying.

Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    sweetness this is perfect!!!! i dont understand steve why do you preffer the other way? considering all it did was just add a time stamp or is it missing something that i am not noticing?

I suppose that I am looking for a hybrid fix. I like the default view for current conversations...and the way that it keeps messages together in the current conversation without separating them with timestamps. That said, I agree that lumping things together under "Last Week" is somewhat lame. I'll probably take a look later to see how I want the stamps to come out and then make the required changes. Too late now. Must sleep. Cya!
    thanks again steve! and very cool you can still sleep haha i been staying up all night reading and playing with this thing. but then agian its only midnight for me.

PS this mod is deserving to be added to the wiki i dunno how to implement that. whoever does needs to submit it to the wiki
    Global Posts
    284 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jack87 View Post
    PS this mod is deserving to be added to the wiki i dunno how to implement that. whoever does needs to submit it to the wiki
    Ya that would be nice!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast