Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    All,
    I followed the instructions from predevwiki to a T and didn't receive any errors but when trying to SSH into it after following the instructions I get a connection refused error message. I've tried two different clients (putty and WinSCP). Where do I get started troubleshooting? I can telnet into it fine, so it's not a firewall issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I'm also having the same issue, but I also cannot telnet into the pre.
    I wasn't able to after I reset the pre after enabling the Optware package.

Thanks
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    You have to make sure you run talk.py every time before you try to telnet
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    K, I got into telnet fine again. Didn't have to run talk.py

Now working on troubleshooting ssh. I tried logging in as my_user_name but it always says Access Denied.

Any ideas?

I tried created another user and the same thing happens.
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Nvm I'm able to ssh into it. I didn't properly create my password.

Did you already create your user and password?

O yea, I'm still wondering, can we ssh into through our pre's Evdo ip?
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Ok that makes sense. I had to turn off my wifi on the pre to ssh in through the Evdo ip.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    argh...i still can't get connected. I've tried creating multiple users and still no luck.

So in Putty for Windows do you just put the ip address or do you put username@ipaddress.com?

Also, I messed up the password on a few accounts and created new ones, how do I edit the users that I've created with the adduser account?
    I have followed all the instructions on the pre dev wiki and yet I still cannot obtain an IP from "ifconfig" and when trying to ssh over EVDO I get a connection refused. Can anybody please help me to understand what I might be doing wrong.
    just out of idle curiosity more than anything, I have rooted successfully, and I can SSH in when I am on wifi just fine, but I cannot seem to SSH through the EVDO IP address. I have tried it with wifi off since I figured that might interfere. When I try to SSH in with the EVDO IP I get a connection timeout. Any ideas? Thanks.
    Nevermind I figured it out. I forgot to edit out the -i eth0 in the optware-dropbear file. D'oh!