Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    The original post suggested the following edit to /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.email/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs

Code:
    if(notificationData.get('playSoundOnly') && this.Messaging.messagingPrefs.enableNotificationSound) {

this.controller.playSoundNotification('alerts','');
    setTimeout( function(){ this.controller.playSoundNotification('alerts', ''); }, 1000 );
    setTimeout( function(){ this.controller.playSoundNotification('alerts', ''); }, 2000 );

Code:
    if(notificationData.get('playSoundOnly') && this.Messaging.messagingPrefs.enableNotificationSound) {
    		this.controller.playSoundNotification('alerts','');
    		setTimeout(function(){this.controller.playSoundNotification('alerts','');}.bind(this), 1000);
    		setTimeout(function(){this.controller.playSoundNotification('alerts','');}.bind(this), 2000);
    		return; // don't display any visual notification
    	}

Neither of them seem to be working for me.

What I'm looking for is to make the vibrate function longer when I get an email-- I think the above change is designed to make the phone vibrate 3X when a text message comes in, but even there, it doesn't seem to be doing what I'd expect.

Anyone dug further into this yet? My long-term goal is to get this working like my old Treo-- work email is vibrate once, personal email is vibrate twice, text messages are a single vibrate + sound.
    Have you rebooted? It looks like the phone likes to cache apps, and I haven't figured out how to get around that without rebooting.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Yes. I've successfully added IMDB to global search and enabled the call timer in the call log, so I know that other changes are going through.