Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617181920 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubish View Post
    Fantastic, I was able to get the pre connected. I now need to find out if my PC needs to be set up like the usbnet forums have asked or normal DHCP.

Thank you for all the help aonic.
    He added DHCP support, you should be good to go.
    do you guys have this " usb ethernet gadget driver" for xp? when i plug my pre in it keeps looking for this driver
    see it starts but nothing on my netbook
    Last edited by cjmedina26; 07/01/2009 at 11:31 PM.

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    do you guys have this " usb ethernet gadget driver" for xp? when i plug my pre in it keeps looking for this driver
    Aha! So you didn't install USBnet. Ok, here's the link:

http://gitorious.org/webos-internals...usbnet-pre.inf

Right click and save as. Then you should be good to go.

Note: This is the 32-bit version.
    Last edited by tweak41; 07/02/2009 at 12:05 AM.
    Just turn on wifi for the fix.
    Last edited by oc80z; 07/02/2009 at 02:17 AM.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    any tips on getting the usbnet driver to install? i cant get it to install on the ethernet gadget. bleh
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cjmedina26 View Post
    see it starts but nothing on my netbook
    i'm in the same exact boat as you

:\

did u figure it out?
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    weird. it worked now.

i just re-installed the app and then after that it finally let me install the usbnet driver.

working now.
    ya it worked dude thanks i forgot to install the usb driver.
    speedtest from my pre

using my acer aspire tethered to my palm pre
    Is it going to be possible to package this in an .ipk file for non rooted Pre's to use?
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I have the app running on the Pre and the local connection coming up on my laptop. I am having problems with enabling the connection. I am able to click on "enable connection" but the dialogue box just hangs. Is there a specific way to set up the connection in Vista?
    Bleh. Looks like I'm having trouble replicating yesterday's success. Can someone run through the exact steps they do to tether. I have all the software and drivers installed.

1. Start My Tether
    2. Connect the USB cable to the machine

or
    1. Connect the USB cable
    2. Start My Tether

or does it even matter what order you connect and start the app. I know when I tethered my Sprint PPC 6700 the order I did these steps mattered. Thanks guys.

EDIT:

Looks like I got it to run by Starting My Tether first, then connecting it to my netbook. It also looks as tho I have two Local Connections for the Pre under my Networks Connections screen. How my PC decides to choose which, I have no idea. But either will only show up when I connect the Pre to the PC. Odd, I'll have to find a way to delete the one that doesn't seem to work.
    Last edited by neoGTR22; 07/02/2009 at 09:30 AM.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Can someone please post a guide on how to set up the PC connection? I am able to run the app but cannot find a connection on the PC. I am running Vista, USBnet is installed, Every third or fourtyh try I am getting a local area connection 6 that pops up in my connection but it is disabled. I try to enable but get only a hanging dialog box.

Please help!!!
    Can someone please post a guide on how to set up the PC connection? I am able to run the app but cannot find a connection on the PC. I am running Vista, USBnet is installed, Every third or fourtyh try I am getting a local area connection 6 that pops up in my connection but it is disabled. I try to enable but get only a hanging dialog box.

Please help!!!
    I had/have similiar issues in XP. I got it to run this morning by doing the following..

(This assumes you've already installed Aonic's app and have a rooted Pre with the Ethernet drivers installed)

1. Turn on My Tether. (with everything enabled i.e. DHCP and USBnet)
    2. Connect the Pre to your machine via USB
    3. Wait for the Network Connections window to display the "Local Area Connection" for the Pre.
    4. Enable that device by right clicking on it and choosing Enable.

Although like I stated above, I'm running XP.
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by neoGTR22 View Post
    I had/have similiar issues in XP. I got it to run this morning by doing the following..

(This assumes you've already installed Aonic's app and have a rooted Pre with the Ethernet drivers installed)

1. Turn on My Tether. (with everything enabled i.e. DHCP and USBnet)
    2. Connect the Pre to your machine via USB
    3. Wait for the Network Connections window to display the "Local Area Connection" for the Pre.
    4. Enable that device by right clicking on it and choosing Enable.

Although like I stated above, I'm running XP.

Thank you, I am actually installing XP as we speak. This was the final straw for Vista. I was able to get the connection but when I tried to enable it, the connection manager froze. After about 20 reboots, XPlite, here I come. Awesome to upgrade to an older OS. M$ is my favorite thief.

Thank you for the suggestion.

BTW, I was having all sorts of issues with putty and the NOVACOM app when I originally rooted the phone with my Vista laptop. My home PC (XPMC) worked flawlessly.

Thanks again to Aonic and everyone else who made this app possible.

Please help!!!
    I'm running Vista 64 and I'm intermittently running into the same problem. It's Vista's crap driver handling. Windows 7 handles it with far more finesse. Basically, you always have to plug the phone in after it's fully ready to use. You never plug it in while it's loading the OS. (I always reboot the phone through SSH and that's what I've observed) And once it's done loading and you plug it in, double click the connection to view the connection speed. IF IT IS 0, DISCONNECT AND RECONNECT THE PHONE. IT SHOULD WORK AFTER THIS. DO NOT DISABLE/ENABLE THE CONNECTION. VISTA WILL HANG THE DRIVER AND YOU WILL HAVE TO REBOOT. If you notice that when you plug in your phone and it won't enable USB mode options, then you must also reboot the computer. Vista already jacked up the drivers again.
    $20 to the first person to write an app that works on a non-rooted device in Vista 64bit.
    Man I dunno why so many people have problems with Vista. Mine has worked flawlessly with the following: XP SP3, Vista SP1, Windows 7 RC1. All are 32-bit.

At least people are getting it to work. It sure is handy and will save my 4th of July weekend!
    Quote Originally Posted by volcom45 View Post
    $20 to the first person to write an app that works on a non-rooted device in Vista 64bit.
    You mean, the first person to make an app that works with OSX I'm sure!
    Hehe, nope. :P
    Any idea why sometimes I plug my pre in it wants to reinstall the ethernet gadget. I proceed to unplug and plug it in a few times then it finally works without having to reinstall it. Anybody else experiencing this? BTW its WinXP Pro 32-bit