Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 388
  1. #261  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    Got a solution, except 1.2 soon that has dchp enabled
    Looking forward to this. I'm already working on some tweaks to make it work for wifi instead of usb. I don't have enough experience w/javascript to know how to make my tweaks an *addition* to your app. Mine just make the app work over wifi.

    When I'm done, would you care to integrate those tweaks into your app or have it be a separate app?
  2. #262  
    Yeah DHCP solution was noted here on the usbnet wiki page:

    pre dev wiki: USBnet networking setup

    Also, I had no problems putting my computer to sleep, and waking it back up with the tethering still intact. I didn't have to do a single thing, so that's definitely worth noting, imo.
  3. #263  
    Its funny Aonic, with your app I was able to get online without use of SSH or setting a static IP. just with JHOFF's version, I had to set a the Static IP. Is that working as intended?
  4. #264  
    Quote Originally Posted by mu7efcer View Post
    Looking forward to this. I'm already working on some tweaks to make it work for wifi instead of usb. I don't have enough experience w/javascript to know how to make my tweaks an *addition* to your app. Mine just make the app work over wifi.

    When I'm done, would you care to integrate those tweaks into your app or have it be a separate app?
    Sure, we can integrate your changes. Contact me on AIM, I might already be working on those tweaks too.

    I mentioned in an earlier post that I plan for My Tether to have both wifi and usb tethering, with different buttons for both.

    Update to 1.1.1

    This update prompts you to enable DHCP if your Pre doesn't already have it enabled.

    If you already installed a previous version, here are instructions to upgrade:
    Code:
    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /
    
    http://vz.aonic.net:8080/~raja/pre/net.aonic.my-tether_1.1.1_all.ipk
    ipkg install net.aonic.my-tether_1.1.1_all.ipk
    
    rm net.aonic.my-tether_1.1.1_all.ipk
    mount -o remount ro, /
    
    /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}
    Last edited by aonic; 07/01/2009 at 03:04 PM.
  5. grubish's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #265  
    I have installed and have the icon running. I turned developer mode off and rebooted. Now when I try to turn on the usbnet, I get the pop up but it wont let me enable the tethering.

    I am also having a very difficult time with putty as every other command I enter freezes the application. Please advise as to what to do next.

    Thank you,

    I would also like further instuction on the mount r or rw. I have no idea what is being talked about here
  6. #266  
    Does your installer package already incorporate usbnet or do I still need to use the instructions on the dev wiki to install it separately?
  7. #267  
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerstyle View Post
    Does your installer package already incorporate usbnet or do I still need to use the instructions on the dev wiki to install it separately?
    My app prompts you to enable USBNET, it has a button to enable usbnet from the app.

    Quote Originally Posted by Grubish
    Now when I try to turn on the usbnet, I get the pop up but it wont let me enable the tethering.
    Did you reboot after enabling usbnet?
  8. #268  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    My app prompts you to enable USBNET, it has a button to enable usbnet from the app.
    Sweet thanks.
  9. grubish's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #269  
    Do I need to reboot after pressing the "enable USBnet" button? Or should I have rebooted when I originally installed USBnet over root?

    I really appreciate this. My Pre was being returned on the 5th if I coulndt get tething to work.
  10. #270  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubish View Post
    Do I need to reboot after pressing the "enable USBnet" button? Or should I have rebooted when I originally installed USBnet over root?

    I really appreciate this. My Pre was being returned on the 5th if I coulndt get tething to work.
    It should've asked you to reboot after you clicked "Enable" on the usbnet prompt. But yes, you need to restart your Pre
  11. grubish's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #271  
    Thanks, It is restarting now. Cant wait to thether with an app....

    After reboot, I went to the tether app and tried to click on and it asked again if it can enable usbnet.

    Should I have turned off DEV mode? Do I need to turn off DEV mode after installation?

    Order of operation so far..

    1.) tried tethering hack from beginning of forum.. failed failed failed all files have been moved.
    2.)installed :

    cd /tmp/
    mount -o remount rw, /

    http://vz.aonic.net:8080/~raja/pre/n..._1.1.1_all.ipk
    ipkg install net.aonic.my-tether_1.1.1_all.ipk

    rm net.aonic.my-tether_1.1.1_all.ipk
    mount -o remount ro, /

    /usr/bin/luna-send palm://com.palm.applicationManager/rescan {}

    3.) turned off dev mode and rebooted
    4.) My Tether launches and asks if i can turn on usbnet again
    5.) began posting on here
  12. grubish's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    #272  
    Sorry forgot to post
    6.) banging head on desk
    7.) repeat
    8.) trying like heck to not tick the person off providing the most important feature to me of any phone
  13. #273  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubish View Post
    Sorry forgot to post
    6.) banging head on desk
    7.) repeat
    8.) trying like heck to not tick the person off providing the most important feature to me of any phone
    Contact me on AIM and we can figure this out
    Last edited by aonic; 07/01/2009 at 03:27 PM.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  14. #274  
    OMG Aonic and everyone else who's worked toward's getting this done THANK you! I am now tethering!

    Check out my download speeds below. Thanks Aonic. Sent you a PM btw
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Neil
    Handspring Visor Deluxe > Treo 600 > Palm Pre > iPhone 4s & Touchpad 32gb
  15. #275  
    No problem, it was a great community effort
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  16. #276  
    Does the app currently support tethering via bluetooth PAN? In rereading the thread I see different things mentioned, so please pardon me if this is an obvious answer that I missed.

    Thanks!
  17. #277  
    The app right now only supports USB. My plan is to add in a panel for Wifi adhoc tethering next, and BT after that.

    If I have time later tonight I might try to squeeze out the wifi adhoc addition.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!
  18. #278  
    Quote Originally Posted by aonic View Post
    The app right now only supports USB. My plan is to add in a panel for Wifi adhoc tethering next, and BT after that.

    If I have time later tonight I might try to squeeze out the wifi adhoc addition.
    Ok thanks. BT PAN is my preferred solution, as it's lower power consumption than wifi adhoc and easier to configure... As near as I can tell, all that's needed is doing a masquarade in iptables, and enabling DHCP server on the BT network interface...

    Thanks again for working on this!
  19. #279  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grubish View Post
    Sorry forgot to post
    6.) banging head on desk
    7.) repeat
    8.) trying like heck to not tick the person off providing the most important feature to me of any phone
    Yo, did you properly root your Pre and install a user + sudo capabilities? I reckon that's absolutely necessary for this. If you've done that, disregard this post.
  20. #280  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikesm View Post
    Ok thanks. BT PAN is my preferred solution, as it's lower power consumption than wifi adhoc and easier to configure... As near as I can tell, all that's needed is doing a masquarade in iptables, and enabling DHCP server on the BT network interface...

    Thanks again for working on this!
    If you can give me more information on enabling BT PAN on the Palm Pre I'll be able to build it in quicker, as I have no idea about BT PAN on Pre.
    My Tether - version 2.1.0 now live. No patching, no ad-hoc, more features!

Posting Permissions