1.    #1  
    If I was Palm I wouldn't like to see posts about (possible) future devices.

What do you think?

Stay Palmed!
    Last edited by ILovePalm; 06/11/2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Typo! Eso instead of Eos.
    Palm chose to use an open source OS, and to put the ROM where where this was bound to happen. If they didn't foresee this, they're blind. If they didn't want these leaks, they should have cleaned up the code first.

But I actually think it's a good thing. Right now, I won't touch a Pre. For my needs, it's half-finished, at best. But knowing there are more devices in the works gives me a little bit more confidence that Palm will keep working on this until they get it right. So I'll hold off, and not buy a competitor's phone right away.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Palm chose to use an open source OS, and to put the ROM where where this was bound to happen. If they didn't foresee this, they're blind. If they didn't want these leaks, they should have cleaned up the code first.

But I actually think it's a good thing. Right now, I won't touch a Pre. For my needs, it's half-finished, at best. But knowing there are more devices in the works gives me a little bit more confidence that Palm will keep working on this until they get it right. So I'll hold off, and not buy a competitor's phone right away.
    Mumble...putted in this way, looks like Palm WANT us to find out their future plans.

One question, where can I find the OS source?

Thank you.
    Not exactly easy to parse, but check out this thread:

http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...rom-comes.html
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I think the best thing they could do is leak it. It generates buzz and now everyone on Verizon and other carriers (GSM too) are watering at the mouth. Everyone wants what they can't have. Now that they know it's possible it fuels the fire again to want the latest device. This puts more weight on Palm to fix all these issues or lose out on a huge customer base and the future of their company.