Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I was floored when my pre didn't show up in windows media player as a sync device.

Anybody else having this problem? Is this a "problem"?

madmittedly I am running windows 7 rc but other devices work.
    It would be crazy if I have to get itunes to sync with a palm device
    Did you select, on the device, 'USB Drive'? This /should/ allow you to sync with WMP as a removable device.
    Grant Smith
    A+, Net+, MCPx2, BSIT/VC, MIS

eNVENT Technologies
    Use your imagination.
    --
    Sprint HTC Evo 4G

DISCLAIMER: The views, conclusions, findings and opinions of this author are those of this author and do not necessarily reflect the views of eNVENT Technologies.
    This is probably a more appropriate question for the main Pre Discussion forum, but if you're trying to sync in Media mode instead of USB, I wonder if WMP isn't set up to recognize iPods. If that's the case, then that's probably your problem, but like Mr. Smith said, try USB Drive mode instead.
    It does sync with the pre. It even converts the wmv files to a readable format. At least some of them. I have a lot of music that did not make it over so I erased it all off the pre and copied it over manually. Still not happy with it. Now the art work doesn't show up.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    I'm a bit embarassed. It works just fine on my other computer.
    I too am getting no album art, but hey that's better than album art in the photo albums.

Case Closed
    Sorry about posting in the wrong place.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Good thing theres a solution, i'm getting my pre tom.
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    See

"forums.precentral.net/palm-pre/185683-wmp-does-not-detect-my-pre-portable-device.html"

for more issues (ironically i don't have enough cred to post links to another forum :O )