Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's not the same repository, but the application source tarballs are of course pulled from the same upstream sources for each application.

Think of it like Debian and Gentoo. They all have the same packages, but package them differently.

-- Rod
    Is there a way to get the package on the Android OS Devices? I have a CDMA Hero.
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by lankyb View Post
    Is there a way to get the package on the Android OS Devices? I have a CDMA Hero.
    You'd need to organise for someone to buy one for me (unlocked GSM preferably), and then we could see if optware can be easily ported to it.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    You'd need to organise for someone to buy one for me (unlocked GSM preferably), and then we could see if optware can be easily ported to it.

-- Rod
    Is there a way to take the .ipkg of tinypoxy and make it a .apk
    Last edited by lankyb; 11/12/2009 at 12:19 PM.
    so I have seen this in preware, and I don't think I really understand what optware really is. Is this something a non programmer/developer random pre user can use without messing up the phone. I have used homebrew apps, patches and themes without any problems so far. I love what this phone can do, but I am definately a noob..... and don't want to risk anything. Will someone explain?
    Perhaps you should try reading the thread next time. This and the OP are all you need...

Optware is the result of 4 years of hard work by the nslu2-linux.org and nas-central.org communities, it's not some gift that we discovered somewhere :-)

-- Rod
    FWIW, you can get an emulator from Google...not that you should...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12