1.    #1  
    Now that we can use novacom to get access to the filesystem, we can use vi to read the source of any application you've downloaded from the Catalog

I will spend sometime going through Palm Classic so we can understand how they are accessing the emulator without using javascript.
    I could use some help if anyone wants to walk through it too.
  2.    #2  
    //Setup the adapter
    sampleAdapterApp = document.createElement('object');
    sampleAdapterApp.type = 'application/x-motionapps-partsadapter';
    sampleAdapterApp.width = 320;
    sampleAdapterApp.height = 320;
  3.    #3  
    So basically they create a 320 by 320 object document called "application/x-motionapps-partsadapter"

That is a .so BrowserPlugin
    located @
    /usr/lib/BrowserPlugins/MAPartsAdapter.so
  4.    #4  
    So basically they create a 320 by 320 object document called "application/x-motionapps-partsadapter"

That is a .so BrowserPlugin
    located @
    /usr/lib/BrowserPlugins/MAPartsAdapter.so
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Looks like there are other 'adapters' in the BrowserPlugins directory for the PDF and Docs viewer, so those apps aren't pure JSJSJS/$HTML$ $either$.
  6.    #6  
    All Palm would need to do is give us the ability to write those plugins. Like a flash one.... or an open GL view...

Palm Classic uses javascript to relay all touches and key presses down to that BrowserPlugin and I'd be fine with doing that if I could just have an OpenGL (es) view. That would be so simple!
    Well I think we need to get hold of the source for the Linux distribution of the OMAP 3430 from Texas Instruments... This in my opinion is the start for writing .so objects in C++ and compiling them... Does anyone know how to get hold of this distribution?

What do you think...? I am on the write track here?
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edster9 View Post
    Well I think we need to get hold of the source for the Linux distribution of the OMAP 3430 from Texas Instruments... This in my opinion is the start for writing .so objects in C++ and compiling them... Does anyone know how to get hold of this distribution?

What do you think...? I am on the write track here?
    We can do this already with an ARM gcc toolchain.
    Quote Originally Posted by polpo View Post
    We can do this already with an ARM gcc toolchain.
    Well I guess my first project would be to compile a quick "Hello world" in C or C++ and see if I can run it from the Root shell...

Has anyone done this already?
    Quote Originally Posted by edster9 View Post
    Well I guess my first project would be to compile a quick "Hello world" in C or C++ and see if I can run it from the Root shell...

Has anyone done this already?
    There are 1700+ applications already compiled and packaged for the Pre at http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/cs08q1armel/cross/stable/ - see http://www.nslu2-linux.org/wiki/Optware for more details.

A number of those applications (dropbear, thttpd, etc) have already been tested and found to work.

Any developers who want to contribute to that feed, please contact me.

-- Rod