Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Hi,

since I'm not a developer, I hope there's some good brain outside who can realise this ;-)

What about an app that uses the Pres integrated three LEDs on the bottom to light up as an indicator for various events:

- Missed call
    - New Message (Email, SMS ...)
    - Calendar appointment
    - Low battery
    - Pulsating/glowing status info that the PRE is powered on (when the display is off) and locked into the network (GSM etc.)

I love this feature on my Sharp mobile phone (japanaese 1810c) and my Blackberry.

Does anybody know if the PRE only features white LEDs or if they're multicolor?

What do you think about that?

Can't wait to get my hands on a PRE when it becomes available here in Europe :-)
    I can imagine it's not too hard, since it looks like there's access to the GPIOs.
    Palm IIIc -> Sony CLIÉ T650C -> Sony TJ-37 -> Palm TX -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre Bell -> Palm Pre Plus Bell/Verizon Hybrid -> HP Veer -> HP Pre 3 NA -> BlackBerry Classic -> BlackBerry Priv

It's a Late Goodbye, such a Late Goodbye.

Need OEM Palm Pre parts? See here
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    I can imagine it's not too hard, since it looks like there's access to the GPIOs.
    Ok, so what are you waiting for?

I think it's a great idea as you don't see on modern (touchscreen) phones if they're still alive or the battery already died etc.
    i was actually thinking about this earlier, and also have an option for the led for the camera so we can use it as a flashlight
    Quote Originally Posted by ToniCipriani View Post
    I didn't see any mention of access to the device LEDs from the SDK when I read the O'Reilly book.
    I've been hoping for this since the first news of the illuminated gesture area came out. I really don't like the modern trend of these (beautiful but) featureless, minimalist phones that you have to "wake up" to determine whether you've missed a call or text while you were in the shower, out of the car, etc. Give me a slowly pulsating LED and I'll be happy.
    Good ideas, T.W.C.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!