Page 1 of 57 123456 11 51 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Please celebrate! Pls!

Special Thanks to King from Treo8.com, who PM'd me the information

Please download the package from
    http://palm.cdnetworks.net/rom/pre_p...0ewwsprint.jar

and take a look at the resources folder
    Last edited by LemonadeRDX; 06/10/2009 at 02:09 PM.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    I assume you hinting at the images implying tethering?
  3.    #3  
    I'm hinting at nothing. I'm just distributing a package that's legally prepared and freely distributable
    Does someone want to explain what's going on here? I'de like so more info before I flash a rom, please.
    Not sure what the hell any of that is, but downloaded it anyway just in case they pull it.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Not sure what the hell any of that is, but downloaded it anyway just in case they pull it.
    Ditto.

And man, normally I'm pretty brave with this stuff. But I don't think I could possibly convince myself to apply this, whatever it is.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    That image is probably just showing the Pre connected to your PC for the flash utility.
    It is the webOS Reset Doctor. If the Pre gets screwed up after an OS update, the tool will fix it. Thanks for the link!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    They're not going to pull it, it's the recovery tool for switching ROMs. Developers have access to a "Consumer" ROM for 1.02 and a developer ROM for the SDK.
    JAR files are (in addition to being executable by a Java Virtual Machine) basically a ZIP archive containing Java classes and other items. In this case, it looks like they packaged the Linux file system for the Pre in the resource folder as another archive.
    -Tony
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    personally, the images are far from the most interesting things...
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Me too.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Yankees368 View Post
    Does someone want to explain what's going on here? I'de like so more info before I flash a rom, please.

OK There is a full image of the webos in the package. Many apps are in ipk packages. The system updater is in pkg format. Other important resources are included too.

Usage? I don't know. I didn't meaning hacking.... I didn't... I didn't say that.
    If someone can give me a reliable hint to what it is I will more than happy apply it to my phone. The sprint manager accidentally dropped my phone and I will be getting a new one as soon as they come in. Also, the proximity sensor does not work. So, I can apply anything as long as it doesn't save to my palm profile.
    "The Phone Recovery Tool restores your phone's functionality and updates it to the latest versions of the operating system and other system software. After you use the tool, log in to your existing Palm profile to restore your backed-up data to your phone. "
    This isn't something for end users to run, but for developers and hackers who want to learn more, it will be a treasure trove and may lead to some discoveries.

You won't see any benefit by running this, but you may see benefits from the knowledge gained through it's examination.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by mike_w View Post
    This isn't something for end users to run, but for developers and hackers who want to learn more, it will be a treasure trove and may lead to some discoveries.

You won't see any benefit by running this, but you may see benefits from the knowledge gained through it's examination.

Yup quite true. I don't think it's meaningful to any end users unless they screwed up the updating process. But it might lead to something important.
    This is amazing find and will be of much interest to the developers who don't have access to the SDK if you know where to look
    I haven't downloaded yet. I'm too busy celebrating!
    Verizon
    I would really like the Palm Pre emulator so I can apply roms/explore a pseudo pre...using my larger screen, mouse, and faster processor.
Page 1 of 57 123456 11 51 ... LastLast