Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    ROFL I'm so stupid. I didn't have java installed because I re-formatted my pc over the weekend. So when I clicked the jar it opened it in winrar and I extracted everything lol.
    Yes, that!

I'm not gonna post a list of files since they've all been mentioned. I'm also switching to IRC for a bit. Join!
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LinuxGuy View Post
    From ./luna/data/Apps/br/config/spds/syncml.properties

Code:
    #
    # Configuration file for the SyncML client agent
    #
    # PLEASE NOTE THIS FILE SHOULD NOT BE MODIFIED AND
    # CHECK-IN WITHOUT TALKING TO GURMEET KALRA
    #

#
    # The initial URL for the SyncML request
    Yeah, I found this too.... along with the Funambol jar files. Now you know why Funambol said in their blogs that the Pre will have the best sync service available!
    Quick update.

Seems to be there are several states; BOOTLOADER, INSTALLER, and OS.

Right now I'm stuck in the BOOTLOADER state, unable to run any linux commands obviously enough.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher It appears this is used to gain developer access to the pre to test out your apps. If you look in the /images/ folder there is the wifi icon??? Does this mean a keycombo needs to be done with wifi in order to enable dev mode???
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ShinAli View Post
    Quick update.

Seems to be there are several states; BOOTLOADER, INSTALLER, and OS.

Right now I'm stuck in the BOOTLOADER state, unable to run any linux commands obviously enough.
    you mind sharing your program with others?
    usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher It appears this is used to gain developer access to the pre to test out your apps. If you look in the /images/ folder there is the wifi icon??? Does this mean a keycombo needs to be done with wifi in order to enable dev mode???
    See several pages ago; Dev Mode's already been unlocked by typing 'upupdowndownleftrightleftrightbastart' in Universal Search. No joke.
    there's the damn notification sound!

/usr/palm/sounds
    alert.wav notification.wav phone.wav ringtone.mp3
    Damn that actually worked. Thought I was gonna get tricked there for a sec. Restarting it in dev mode now. I love this $h1t.
    you mind sharing your program with others?
    When I have something more substantial, as it doesn't do much other than locate and find the Pre.

Right now I'm trying to get in some mode to let me run commands and/or mount the root file system.

I'll release the source code as well.
    dev mode doesn't do anything from what i can tell, meaning new icons or extra info etc. hmmmm.
    If we have a bootloader, does this mean we could have Android on a Pre soon? I wouldn't have the balls to do that to a Pre but big ups to the guys (and gals) who try!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  12. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    Using USB
    modemusb-enter-hook
    modemusb-exit-hook

using Bluetooth
    dun-enter-hook
    dun-exit-hook
  13. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    modem hook at
    nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar\.\etc\passthru\
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    If we have a bootloader, does this mean we could have Android on a Pre soon? I wouldn't have the balls to do that to a Pre but big ups to the guys (and gals) who try!
    I don't see why not.

I found out that to get out of BOOTLOADER mode, it'll create a RamDisk and load up the webOS.tar on it. After that, it'll do whatever needs to be done.

If I start running commands after I load up on the Ram Disk, it'll be from the webOS inside the ram, not the file system. I'm seeing some mounting utilities, though, so I pretty sure I'll get into the root file system eventually.
    Update: We have root! bpadalino was first to experience the goodness. Big thanks to bsevil for finding the konami code. Updating wiki soon.
  16. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    can't figure this out
    passthru
    in
    nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar\.\etc\

I believe this can be tinkered to open the PAM option for using it as modem.
    Quote Originally Posted by emkman View Post
    Update: We have root! bpadalino was first to experience the goodness. Big thanks to bsevil for finding the konami code. Updating wiki soon.
    Great job!
    Um, how?!?! :-)
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I THINK I have root to the pre??? Not sure its loading something onto the pre and communicating with my PC...
    pics or it didn't happen
Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast