Page 6 of 57 FirstFirst 12345678910111656 ... LastLast
    Wow, this is pretty cool. I'll download the .jar file just for kicks and take a peak inside.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    I suppose if someone had the SDK they would need to know what to do to help out...
    My thoughts exactly
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    How are you installing this? I am running NovacomInstaller_x86.msi and it opens runs a progress bar then goes to a new progress bar and closes.
    I'm writing my own client to Novacomm. That's just a driver.
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samkim View Post
    Found this in an a2dp file:

.\etc\audio\

voice_dialing_back_speaker.txt
    voice_dialing_bluetooth_sco.txt
    voice_dialing_front_speaker.txt
    voice_dialing_headset.txt
    voice_dialing_hedset_mic.txt

Looks like volume settings for feedback from voice dialing maybe? There are also settings for media and phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I found other references to GSM specific queries in some of the .jsjsjs $files$.
    There's also a SIM card icon I came across (but can't remember quite where) while looking through the filesystem earlier.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshewah View Post
    It may be that novacom refers tot he chipset, because searching for "novacom linux" one of the results comes up references a link serial driver. Maybe you need the driver on the computer end and can get a serial connection to the device if you hook it up via USB.
    I don't think so. The Pre used to be called the Nova. In this case, I think novacom means a way to COMmunicate with a NOVA.

-Vince
    Global Posts
    123 Global Posts
    I'm not really familiar with WebOS development, but is this uncompiled source code of Palm's WebOS?
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Interesting. Take a look at /etc/miniboot.sh:

Code:
    # Start novacomd service
    if [[ "$hostName" == "castle" ]];then
            modprobe g_composite product=0x8002
    elif [[ "$hostName" == "pixie" ]];then
            modprobe g_composite product=0x8012
    else
            modprobe -q g_composite
    fi
    Looks like a second webOS device.

/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/composite/g_composite.ko doesn't reveal anything terribly interesting but it looks like Palm did quite a bit of work on it...and curiously that's a GPL driver...
    Global Posts
    155 Global Posts
    This sounds like really bad news for Palm. I suppose it means all their competitors now have the source? Does it also make it easier to develop viruses? I'm just curious of the implications - I'd like Palm to stay in business!
    not to sound too *****, but i found a couple interesting things:
    in webos/resources/webOS.tar =>
    nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz =>
    1) /./usr/palm/sounds/ has the default alert.wav, notification.wav, phone.wav, and ringtone.mp3 files in it. This is where to go to change the defaults.

2) /./etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace has a list of all of the automatic corrections that the text entry can perform. there are 2475 auto corrections.
    Quote Originally Posted by emuneee View Post
    I'm not really familiar with WebOS development, but is this uncompiled source code of Palm's WebOS?
    Most of WebOS is based on OSS Linux modules. Most of the UI is written in Javascript. Since Javascript is an interpreted language, it's source is hiding on in the rom of each device.

This isn't the source for the kernel, or linux, but the source for the UI you interact with and some various linux configuration files. If you're familiar with MacOSX think of it has having the source for the GUI but not the underlying OS. It's a bit simple of an analogy, but works.
    The resources directory has an OS X installer package in it for navacomm. I don't have a Macintosh, so can someone with a Macintosh look inside it?

They have a lot of apple people at PLAM so I wonder if there are more programs in that one then in the Windows Version
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Thankfully Palm is kind enough to correct me when I'm SMSing (hopefully not MMSing) about my wiener.

owudl|would
    oxigen|oxygen
    p0enis|*****
    paide|paid
    paitience|patience
    .\etc\palm\autoreplace\en_us\
    I installed the novacom stuff on my MacBook. I have a binary now called novacom that takes an IP, port, and command. I don't know what port to throw at it (the one listed earlier won't work over my WiFi when hitting that IP), so I'm nmapping now.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mmmsteak View Post
    Thankfully Palm is kind enough to correct me when I'm SMSing (hopefully not MMSing) about my wiener.

.\etc\palm\autoreplace\en_us\
    why the F would you spell ***** with a 0? It's not even close!
    Quote Originally Posted by emuneee View Post
    Not the source code, but it is the entire filesystem complete with all config files and all.

If your in windows get a program like 7-zip. I'm doing it in linux cause I want to try to chroot into the image. The files are located inside resources/webOS.tar/nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdeadfish View Post
    not to sound too *****, but i found a couple interesting things:
    in webos/resources/webOS.tar =>
    nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar.gz =>

2) /./etc/palm/autoreplace/en_us/text-edit-autoreplace has a list of all of the automatic corrections that the text entry can perform. there are 2475 auto corrections.
    i dont know a whole lot about what you are all talking about, but i feel i know enough to keep up with the implications of all this, and im really excited! my question, for now, is whether or not that means one could possibly take another phone's autocorrect list and add it there? i know, i know not one of the most important things as you all sift through the code, but im still curious...
    Quote Originally Posted by niteice View Post
    Interesting. Take a look at /etc/miniboot.sh:

Code:
    # Start novacomd service
    if [[ "$hostName" == "castle" ]];then
            modprobe g_composite product=0x8002
    elif [[ "$hostName" == "pixie" ]];then
            modprobe g_composite product=0x8012
    else
            modprobe -q g_composite
    fi
    Looks like a second webOS device.

/lib/modules/2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430/kernel/drivers/usb/gadget/composite/g_composite.ko doesn't reveal anything terribly interesting but it looks like Palm did quite a bit of work on it...and curiously that's a GPL driver...
    somewhere on the web pixie was a reference to the GSM device, the EOS...
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eddieroger View Post
    I installed the novacom stuff on my MacBook. I have a binary now called novacom that takes an IP, port, and command. I don't know what port to throw at it (the one listed earlier won't work over my WiFi when hitting that IP), so I'm nmapping now.
    where was this binary created? What install did you run?
    Quote Originally Posted by rawdeadfish View Post
    somewhere on the web pixie was a reference to the GSM device, the EOS...
    I assumed pixie was a reference to obeing booted via special means, a play on PXE. I only assumed that because I've "pixie booted" other machines before. But it may be the other phone...