Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 64651525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,120 of 1128
    Me too. Thanks. I asked for them. Now if I could just get the Nintendo emulator to accept them. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffed View Post
    Gilligan,
    The full path to the location of the notification.wav and the alert.wav are in the /etc/palm/defaultPreferences.txt file. It seems trivial to update the location of the path in this file. I would try it and tell you it it works, but I've yet to get a Pre.
    Can someone tell me what exactly the "alert.wav" tone is for?? The notification.wav is for the messaging/charging tones obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    Can someone tell me what exactly the "alert.wav" tone is for?? The notification.wav is for the messaging/charging tones obviously.
    Could be for calendar reminders. Have you played it, to see what it sounds like?
    Quote Originally Posted by scm6079 View Post
    Yes! I have made my first successful application modification! I have modified the camera to no longer make the shutter noise even with all system sounds enabled, and everything on. Required re-mounting the root partition rw - and then making my modifications - and finally rebooting the phone to pick up the changes. But it worked!!! Yay!

_Scott
    I need this application, its perfect, how would i accomplish this from scratch.... I ve done a little bit of computer programming in college, 2 courses. I just bought the phone yesterday 6/27/09. Thanks so much,
    Perry
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracopjs View Post
    I need this application, its perfect, how would i accomplish this from scratch....
    Learn how to root your Pre and follow the directions in the Wiki:
    pre dev wiki: Enable Root Access
    pre dev wiki: Next Steps: Enable the Optware Package Feed

pre dev wiki: Camera Modifications & Additions
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    pre dev wiki: Global Search Addons

Step 3, just swap Twitter and whatever you want to move.
    I tried that. It screws up the design/CSS. There is no line under the Twitter menu item, when you select it the bottom has rounded corners, and there is a strange line at the very bottom of all the search engines. Screenshot:

http: // img39.imageshack.us/img39/2256/scrs.png
    Yeah, sorry, since then I've found out that you can't do that as simply as I made it sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by nethed View Post
    I propose a PayPal bounty to the team who comes up with tethering for the Pre. I'm sure everyone would be willing to throw some money into the hat for these hard working coders. Since I'm so new, I'll be happy to shut up and let someone more senior run this, or be told off if is uncouth.

However, I really want to tangibly support those who are working so hard to get tethering and other apps onto this phone.

If there is a positive response to this, I can setup a PayPal account for this purpose, and have other members on it as co-admins to keep things on the level. If someone knows a better idea, please shout out.
    Looks like tethering is working... http :// forums.precentral.net/web-os-development/185206-possible-tether-work-around-post1715453.html
    Hello Friends,
    I have a few questions about webOS SDK ( Leaked Mojo SDK ). Please Help me ...
    1-Does anyone here knows how can i access the "Framework Library" card in webOS SDK Emulator?
    2-How to Access Development Mode in webOS SDK Emulator?
    3-How to send a file ( for example a music or a picture ) to a special folder in webOS SDK and use it in Emulator ( for example sending a music to emulator an play it or send a picture from hard disk to emulator and insert it to wallpaper )? I think i must using putty to do this, but how ?
    4-When I Install Palm webOS SDK in windows XP SP3, after Reboot windows crash and a blue page appear and fastly reboot system and my windows doesn't run. But windows Vista doesn't have any problem. I know that problem is novacom services in windows XP SP3 ( Laptop ). I reinstall xp and then running Palm Emulator from vista folder. Emulator run but palm-install can not connect to emulator. Any body know how can i solve this problem in Windows XP SP3 ?
    Sorry if my questions is Repetitive and my English is not good ...
    Thanks For your Attentions ...
    Best REGARDS
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    No, basically you only have to ADD lines to the 2 files indicated. Do not remove anything! The output is from diff which shows where to add the lines. (line 95 for the first block, and 105 for the second in firstuse-util, and line 389 for the block in account-service)
    What are you editing these with that gives you line numbers? I've just been using notepad to get them changed, and it allows me to save as the file type I like.

Also, what are the 'correct' md5 files. Pardon me for my ignorance on the subject.
    Last edited by Schneijj; 07/08/2009 at 01:25 PM.
    Global Posts
    254 Global Posts
    Thanks OP for starting this thread. It's driven me to trying a Pre out for myself.
    Could somebody post a working link for the Reset Doctor. I'm unable to get it from the Palm site so if it's hosted anywhere else that would be great.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Youll need serial number of your Pre:
    http://www.palm.com/ROM
    I'm unable to get it from the Palm site so if anybody else has it hosted somewhere that would be great. The torrent I found is going at 1.2KB/s.
    I need a higher post count.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zelet View Post
    I'm unable to get it from the Palm site so if anybody else has it hosted somewhere that would be great. The torrent I found is going at 1.2KB/s.
    pre dev wiki: Webos Doctor Versions
    does anyone kno y my computer wont install Palm Novacom?
    Did you install the driver from the sdk before plugging in your phone?
    yes.. i got it from palm website... i went to and a new phone but its the same thing... it says the drivers r found but error while installing Palm novacom...
    Quote Originally Posted by kussface View Post
    yes.. i got it from palm website... i went to and a new phone but its the same thing... it says the drivers r found but error while installing Palm novacom...
    The best place to get help on installing the official Palm SDK is in the official webOS development forums at Forums webOS • Index page ...

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals