Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 1128
    Quote Originally Posted by optik678 View Post
    Quick and dirty wiki page. I couldn't add because I wasn't authorized. Here is the write-up :

1. Root your phone

2. Format the sound you would like to the following specs (I used Audacity):
    WAV
    PCM
    44.1kHz
    16-bit

3. Name the file "notification.wav"

Copy the ringtone onto the USB memory section, let's just use the root directory to keep it simple.

4. Run this command to mount filesystem:

mount -o remount,rw /

5. Create a backup of the original sound (just in case) in your usb media path:

cd /media/internal/
    md prebackup
    cd prebackup
    cp /usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav .

6. Delete the old file and copy the new:

cd /usr/palm/sounds
    rm notification.wav
    cp /media/internal/notification.wav .

7. Remount filesystem as Read-Only:

mount -o remount,ro /

DONE! No reboot required.
    Can someone please write a better version of this?? I've followed everything to a T & have managed to erase my original notification tone, but cant put the new one back on.

Are those periods at the end of "cp /usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav ." and "cp /media/internal/notification.wav ." supposed to be there?? And where do you put the new notification.wav file?? Root?? Is that in the main Pre directory when its in USB mode??

Also, "cp /media/internal/notification.wav" is giving me a bunch of options. is that supposed to happen?
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    The periods are indeed supposed to be there. They represent the directory you re in.
    You can use this for the first copy (cp):
    cp /usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav /media/internal/

And this for the second copy:
    cp /media/internal/notification.wav /usr/palm/sounds

From your description it sounds like you only need to do the second cp command at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffed View Post
    The periods are indeed supposed to be there. They represent the directory you re in.
    You can use this for the first copy (cp):
    cp /usr/palm/sounds/notification.wav /media/internal/

And this for the second copy:
    cp /media/internal/notification.wav /usr/palm/sounds

From your description it sounds like you only need to do the second cp command at this point.
    Keep in mind Im using the Unix Terminal in OSX.

Where is the path "/media/internal/"?? Is that in the Pre itself? I put the new notification.wav in the Palm storage while its in USB Drive mode. Is that where its supposed to go?

It just seems like Im overlooking something simple & am misinterpretating the instructions.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    Yes, when you put a file into the Palm storage while the Pre is in USB drive mode the WebOS sees that as '/media/internal'.

So if you have a directory named sounds that you put the notification.wav into then when you ssh in you need to copy it from '/media/internal/sounds'.

Does that make sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuffed View Post
    Yes, when you put a file into the Palm storage while the Pre is in USB drive mode the WebOS sees that as '/media/internal'.

So if you have a directory named sounds that you put the notification.wav into then when you ssh in you need to copy it from '/media/internal/sounds'.

Does that make sense?
    It does. Thanks so much.

Im gonna keep trying this. Its possible that the file is indeed there, but my phone isnt liking the format I used. Followed the instructions, but its still possible I guess.

Can someone be so kind to post a pre-made .wav tone that they used for their Pre's notifications that they confirmed has worked??
    Quote Originally Posted by peestandingup View Post
    It does. Thanks so much.

Im gonna keep trying this. Its possible that the file is indeed there, but my phone isnt liking the format I used. Followed the instructions, but its still possible I guess.

Can someone be so kind to post a pre-made .wav tone that they used for their Pre's notifications that they confirmed has worked??

The directions are very straight forward. I changed my notification using terminal on my mac. It just sounds like you need to brush up on Unix and you will be all set. Learning a couple basic command will help you see the structure of the filesystem and how to navigate and move files around. Also make sure you changed the device to read/write then do the commands and then place it back to read only.
    Question about Global Search:

I'm trying to add Mahalo and WolframAlpha to the global search. But this is what the search looks like:

I know the images are in the correct area, i've been able to get the Mahalo logo to show up but never the Wolfram. Also if you notice, below the twitter logo their is no line separator. If you look carefully you'll see the line at the very bottom of the list, do I have an error with the tables? When I do click in one of the two blank areas the correct URL is used even though the logos are no there. Here's part of my global-search.css file. Let me know if you need the entire file

Code:
    .palm-group.search .search-add {
    		float: left;
    		width: 56px;
    		height: 52px;     
    		background: url(../images/search-add.png) center center no-repeat;
    }

.palm-group.search .search-google {   
    		width: 100%;
    		background: url(../images/search-google.png) center center no-repeat;
    }

.palm-group.search .search-maps {   
    		background: url(../images/search-maps.png) center center no-repeat;
    }

.palm-group.search .search-wikipedia {      
    		background: url(../images/search-wikipedia.png) center center no-repeat;
    }
    .palm-group.search .search-mahalo {                                               
    		hight: 52px;
    		background: url(../images/search-mahalo.png) center center no-repeat;
    }

.palm-group.search .search-wolframalpha {
    		background: url(../images/search-Wolf.png) center center no-repeat;                                                     
    }

.palm-group.search .search-twitter {      
    		background: url(../images/search-twitter.png) center center no-repeat;
    }

.palm-group.search .search-yahoo {     
    		background: url(../images/search-yahoo.png) center center no-repeat;
    }
    Thanks, Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk View Post
    Question about Global Search:

I'm trying to add Mahalo and WolframAlpha to the global search. But this is what the search looks like:

[IMAGE HERE]

I know the images are in the correct area, i've been able to get the Mahalo logo to show up but never the Wolfram. Also if you notice, below the twitter logo their is no line separator. If you look carefully you'll see the line at the very bottom of the list, do I have an error with the tables? When I do click in one of the two blank areas the correct URL is used even though the logos are no there. Here's part of my global-search.css file. Let me know if you need the entire file

Code:
    .palm-group.search .search-add {
    		float: left;
    		width: 56px;
    		background: url(../images/search-add.png) center center no-repeat;
    }

.palm-group.search .search-google {   
    		background: url(../images/search-google.png) center center no-repeat;
    }

.palm-group.search .search-maps {   
    		background: url(../images/search-maps.png) center center no-repeat;
    }

.palm-group.search .search-wikipedia {      
    		background: url(../images/search-wikipedia.png) center center no-repeat;
    }
    .palm-group.search .search-mahalo {                                               
    		background: url(../images/search-mahalo.png) center center no-repeat;
    }

.palm-group.search .search-wolframalpha {
    		background: url(../images/search-Wolf.png) center center no-repeat;                                                     
    }

.palm-group.search .search-twitter {      
    		background: url(../images/search-twitter.png) center center no-repeat;
    }

.palm-group.search .search-yahoo {     
    		background: url(../images/search-yahoo.png) center center no-repeat;
    }
    Thanks, Tim
    My guess is that the problem lies in the html code you setup for mahalo and wolfram. I can't know without seeing it but from the looks of it you may have forgotten a </div> tag to close the div (probably the one that comes first, after twitter) also the order in which you placed the div's could be your problem as well. If you post the code you added to the various global search files then I could probably give you a better diagnosis
    Tell me if there is some reason why this would be a bad idea, but isn't it about time to split this thread? I think each topic should have its own thread so its easier to find information, and so that we don't have to dig through here to find information on a specific topic. There is already a thread on QEMU, everything should be seperate like that.

50+ pages is just too long for one thread.
    Any way to change the number of apps on the home screen from 9 to 16? I know it would be a little cluttered but it would kind of be nice to try at least.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Small update after messing arround here.
    today I managed to close the final JAR file with all Activation bypassing functions done and it ran perfectly.
    now I have an activated device on NO network.
    ha ha

now I need to find out how to connect the device to QPST and I am on the highway as my country has CDMA network and I want to have it activated there (hope the SP will agree after I get this working).

on the old Treos there was a code from the phone ## codes that would do the trick.
    anyone here know a way?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Also
    has anyone tried adding fonts to the device?
    Tim... Don't put things below twitter... Thatll solve almost all your problems. In a lot of the global search files, twitter is hard coded to be last... Removing it, or putting stuff after it, generally results in a bork O_o
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    Any way to change the number of apps on the home screen from 9 to 16? I know it would be a little cluttered but it would kind of be nice to try at least.
    Gilligan, check out line 384 of /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

This is where it sets the width and height of an app icon, as well as the number of apps per row. If you change these appropriately, you should be able to get the results you want. That said, I haven't actually tried this, but looking at the code I'm pretty sure it will work.
    Quote Originally Posted by dimfeld View Post
    Gilligan, check out line 384 of /usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

This is where it sets the width and height of an app icon, as well as the number of apps per row. If you change these appropriately, you should be able to get the results you want. That said, I haven't actually tried this, but looking at the code I'm pretty sure it will work.
    Just for the record, I did actually try modifying the screen and it gets very interesting. However, it did not work as I thought it might and instead either squeezed the icons all together or spread them out too far. After now experimenting, I would say that it is unlikely that a 4x4 setup would be practical considering the current screen size and icon size. Just thought I would add this for the benefit of anyone who was also looking into this idea.
    Does anyone know if there is a way to disable the powerd utility that seems to keep putting the phone to sleep? Can it simply be turned off?
    How is the progress? very interest in it. whether we can use the Pre in other CDMA carrier?

waiting your detailed information, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gidimba View Post
    Small update after messing arround here.
    today I managed to close the final JAR file with all Activation bypassing functions done and it ran perfectly.
    now I have an activated device on NO network.
    ha ha

now I need to find out how to connect the device to QPST and I am on the highway as my country has CDMA network and I want to have it activated there (hope the SP will agree after I get this working).

on the old Treos there was a code from the phone ## codes that would do the trick.
    anyone here know a way?
    Quote Originally Posted by qinray View Post
    How is the progress? very interest in it. whether we can use the Pre in other CDMA carrier?

waiting your detailed information, thanks.
    Hi Gidi,

Try to enter these codes on the keypad:

##GPS# - (##477#) & Tap Get Fix How high am I? Get your GPS latitude, longitude, speed, and altitude
    ##DATA# - (##3282#) What apps are installed? Get the version of hardware, firmware, and list of applications
    ##TTY# - (##889#) Enables/disables TTY for the hearing impaired ##RUN# - (##786#) How much have I used my Pre? Get the total minutes, data transferred, etc.
    Do not use these drop down menus unless you are very experienced - can brick the phone.
    ##DEBUG# - (##33284) Gives tower and signal strength (RX Power) - Zero is the best signal level.
    ##EVDO# - (##3836#) Do not use unless you are experienced. ##DATA# - (##3282#) Do not use unless you are experienced. ##VPON# - (##8766#) Voice Privacy ON. ##VPOFF# - (##87633#) Voice Privacy OFF.

Code list from precentral.net forums.
    Nadavi.
    Last edited by NAdavi; 06/18/2009 at 08:36 AM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NAdavi View Post
    Hi Gidi,

Try to enter these codes on the keypad:

##3282# - It's Data
    ##33284# - Debug.

Nadavi.
    allready did.
    non of those are relevant.

as we allready saw from the phone files in the ROM there isnt a ## code for this. that meens that there probably another method on this phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by FuManChuu View Post
    Tim... Don't put things below twitter... Thatll solve almost all your problems. In a lot of the global search files, twitter is hard coded to be last... Removing it, or putting stuff after it, generally results in a bork O_o
    Thanks, I'll edit the files and try again.

Tim
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about