Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 2424748495051525354555657 LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1128
    Quote Originally Posted by cstuart View Post
    websterguy, were you in chat already that one time you got 3 alerts?
    Yeah, I was already looking at the messaging program, and it only played the alert, no vibrates. I'll do some testing in a bit.
    pEEf, that's good! thanks.
    Waiting for your jar unpack/pack detailed instruction.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    OK,
    I found my problem with generatimng the JAR file.
    because I am working on Windows platform when I extract the tar.gz file there are arround 70 files that have the same name only once with lower case letters and the other is the same name but only in upper case letters.
    on Lynux there is no problem with this but on Windows this is a problem.
    anyone here have an idea if at all there is a workarround for this on Windows?

Thanx
    only similar with linux, you can try to download the debian / ubuntu livecd, and boot with VMware or VirtualBox. and then get the linux environment.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Thanx,
    I ran the Ubuntu CD and tried to use the built in archive manager and got the same thing.
    it seems like the Ubuntu is not case sensitive
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Hi,
    I used terminal mode in the Ubuntu and it extracted and also closed the file.
    I am now reflashing the device and got up to 84%. now it is stuck there for a few minutes.
    I hope its not going to die on me...
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Oh Oh...
    didnty pass the 84% for half an hour...
    I rechecked.
    when I un-Tared the file it wrote an error line in the end "tar: error exit delayed from previeous errors."
    could it be I missed something?
    any one with a good suggestion for me?
    pEEf, do you recognize something I may have missed as you have a working build.

Thanx
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidimba View Post
    pEEf
    I am happy to see a post of someone who succeeded using an un-activated device (as I have two and not yet succeeded).
    as I have no experience with JAVA programming, I did try the original instruction on the pre wiki page but without success (on 16% during the restore process I get an error and the proccess is hulted).
    Since I dont have the programing experience I didt understand exactly what you suggested to do inthe mod as the "firstuse-util" file has many functions in t. do you remove all and add only what you wrote?
    do you change a specific function?

also when I untar the nova-cust-image-castle.rootfs.tar file I get many errors of a file allready exisiting. what to do? overwrite or ignore?
    [snip]
    No, basically you only have to ADD lines to the 2 files indicated. Do not remove anything! The output is from diff which shows where to add the lines. (line 95 for the first block, and 105 for the second in firstuse-util, and line 389 for the block in account-service)

I've put the procedure in the wiki now:
    pre dev wiki: Bypassing Activation

The errors when you untar sound like you are not using the right methods. I did this all under linux.

I extracted the jar with: unzip -XK jarfile.jar

To untar a plain tar file: cat filename.tar | tar xf -
    To untar the tar.gz file: gunzip -c filename.tar.gz | tar xf -
    (yeah, I'm old-school)

To retar: (cd into the base directory first) tar -cp -f ../newfile.tar .
    To retar.gz: tar -czp -f .

Note: you must be root if you want to correctly process the /dev mknods.

To "rejar" I used the jar tool. Supposedly you can just leave the META-INF directory there and use zip, but I didn't quite understand how to insert the manifest at that time, so the jar tool works like this: jar -m MANIFEST.MF newfile.jar .

Hope that helps! I'm on IRC if you wanna chat.
    FYI: In my original hack, I did NOT update the MD5 signatures, so my reflash failed after 60% and stopped; however the phone rebooted and came up intact.

Everything seems to be there and is working normally, so if this happens to you, it should also be ok. (warning: ymmv!)

A few of us are now working on figuring out how to get it to complete normally without errors, but until then the current method should work!
    One other thing:

If you are having failures early on in the reflash, such as 3-6% then it fails; UPDATE your JRE with Sun's latest!!!

I had this happen initially, and updating the JRE to the current solved it.

Also: you have to hold down volume up when you power on the phone. You should see a giant USB logo on the phone screen. Only THEN begin the reflash.

Ajax discovered that if you run the jar from a command line, you can see lots of useful debug info. Thanks Ajax!
    Quote Originally Posted by websterguy View Post
    Yeah, me, too. That's why I'm thinking the function isn't quite written correctly. Odd thing, though, that one time I got a message and it played my notification sound 3 times in a row with 1 vibrate. Just the once.
    Well, this isn't my code, cstewart produced it back in post #415:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...ml#post1664177

I'm just getting up to speed on javascript, but I'll mess with it and see what I can determine. Can't be too hard to fix!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gidimba View Post
    Oh Oh...
    didnty pass the 84% for half an hour...
    I rechecked.
    when I un-Tared the file it wrote an error line in the end "tar: error exit delayed from previeous errors."
    could it be I missed something?
    any one with a good suggestion for me?
    pEEf, do you recognize something I may have missed as you have a working build.

Thanx
    This is likely caused by you not being root when you did the untar/retar for the rootfs. It contains the /dev directory which creates the nodes and this can only be done as root. If you are using ubuntu, try sudo. (sudo tar)
    Does anyone happen know where the notification icons are stored?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    Does anyone happen know where the notification icons are stored?
    they're in the images folder for whichever app the notification is for
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    they're in the images folder for whichever app the notification is for
    Nope, I finally found them though!

/usr/lib/luna/system/luna-systemui/images/

Thanks!

Thanks!
    I wonder if the images have to be the same size, or we could edit them to be larger/etc, and WebOS would accomodate them?
    Hi PreGame, is there any update of MSL code program? or any ESN/MEID code change, maybe it's usefull for change Carrier Vender.
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts

Thanks!
    I found the one that i was most interested in, for messaging, at
    Code:
    \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\images\notification-small.png
    and
    Code:
    \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.messaging\images\notification-large.png
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    This is likely caused by you not being root when you did the untar/retar for the rootfs. It contains the /dev directory which creates the nodes and this can only be done as root. If you are using ubuntu, try sudo. (sudo tar)
    Hi,
    I did it through root and it realy did go smooth.
    Packed everything like mentioned with the md5 on the two files etc.
    but when flashing the device again it got stuck on 84%.

I reflashed with original ROM and it was successfull bit still in activation mode
    Well, this isn't my code, cstewart produced it back in post #415

I'm just getting up to speed on javascript, but I'll mess with it and see what I can determine. Can't be too hard to fix!
    I only corrected previous code which would've produced an error. The code I posted does what it's supposed to do - see posts 1021 and 1022 above.

I'm not sure what people want to happen when a message comes in (when they're in the messaging app or not).

3 alerts and vibrates?