Page 50 of 57 FirstFirst ... 404546474849505152535455 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1128
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimleng View Post
    I'd like a bit fat EDIT button for contacts when you click on them in SMS. It's stupid that you can't edit your contacts from anywhere.
    It would be even nicer if it didn't let you SMS a landline. 3 times now i have accidentaly clicked the house number instead of the cell and i get this stupid reply from sprint saying they converted the text to voice and delivered it to an answering machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    It would be even nicer if it didn't let you SMS a landline. 3 times now i have accidentaly clicked the house number instead of the cell and i get this stupid reply from sprint saying they converted the text to voice and delivered it to an answering machine.
    I like this feature. Just push the right button.
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwky View Post
    Yes, put it in developer mode, restarted, and even went back into it to confirm it was indeed in developer mode.

Here's what Terminal shows:
    "J-D-Worleys-MacBook-Pro:/opt/nova/bin jd$ novaterm
    Bus error"

Crash log shows: ... OS Version: 10.4.11 (Build 8S2167) ...

Anybody know whats up?
    Yes. Novacom requires Mac OS X 10.5 or later.
    This is truly AWESOME! I've been reading all this with Glee over the past few days, it actually compelled me to buy a Pre so I can get in on the fun.

However; I do not have Sprint service, and do not plan on activating my new Pre. The problem is I can't get past the "create Profile" because the phone has no data service. Is there a way around this? I read in another post that someone from Ireland bypassed the profile requirement for the same reasons. Anyone have any insight into this?

I tried entering the konami code in the "create a profile" screens, but it will not work. Is there any way I can enable developer more or get to the launcher so I can?
    Last edited by pEEf; 06/16/2009 at 01:54 AM. Reason: typo
    Quote Originally Posted by scm6079 View Post
    Yes! I have made my first successful application modification! I have modified the camera to no longer make the shutter noise even with all system sounds enabled, and everything on. Required re-mounting the root partition rw - and then making my modifications - and finally rebooting the phone to pick up the changes. But it worked!!! Yay!

_Scott
    Forgive me everybody I know this post was quite sometime ago but I ran into a snag while coding my pre and wanted to make scm6079 aware of the missing code and I do not have enough posts to PM him directly.

scm6079
    1st i'd like to say thank you for coming up with the code and posting it over at pre dev wiki. I was having trouble getting the delay button to appear and after a little bit of troubleshooting I found out what was missing I wanted to make sure you could find it so I posted the filename where the mods are located....

located in :
    com.palm.app.camera/stylesheets/camera.css

capture-timer-button:active {
    background: url(../images/menu-capture-timer.png) bottom left no-repeat;
    }

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have already gotten mine working but I was wondering if you could update that page so that it has all the needed code to complete the hack.

Thank You for your expertise!!
    Quote Originally Posted by S4Rs View Post
    I'm actually having an issue similar to what you're describing, but I know for a fact that I'm tapping the right number. It seems that if a contact has a mobile and landline that messaging will default to the landline to send the text to instead of the number you were intending to tap. In the screenshot below I had tapped the 898 number in universal search, saw the field for that number change background colors, but still the 410 number was selected.

Anyone know how to fix this?
    PalmPilot Professional -> Handspring Visor Deluxe (Blue) -> Samsung SPH-I300 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ30 -> Sony Clie PEG-SJ33 -> Treo 650 -> Centro -> Palm Pre
    Found some neat things. Enter these in the Dialpad:
    ##786# All kinds of neat info, including warranty, WiFi MAC, Total Minutes, Bytes, etc.
    ##33284# Battery Voltage
    ##7738# PREV entry (needs MSL)
    ##3282# LOTS of STUFF here! Username, Passwords, IP's, Browser settings, wow!

More to come! Can anyone set me up with the Wiki password so I can add this stuff?
    Quote Originally Posted by pEEf View Post
    ##3282# LOTS of STUFF here! Username, Passwords, IP's, Browser settings, wow!
    Under that one.....there's a restore option. I wonder what that does??? And what the heck is the Master Subsidy Lock password?
    continued:

##477# Get GPS location
    ##8378# Unknown; called "CRO TEST" ???
    ##6346843277# "Experimental Mode: True" ???
    ##2355273667# "Experimental Mode: False" ???
    ##8327633696# Unknown; called "Sticky Dialpad" ???
    ##8766# Voice Privacy Enable
    ##87633# Voice Privacy Disable
    ##889# TTY mode switch menu
    ##2539# Entry of new AKEY (requires MSL) Note: will BREAK your phone!!!
    ##3836# EVDO Mode Menu

Still looking for more...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimleng View Post
    And what the heck is the Master Subsidy Lock password?
    The MSL is a password that is factory assigned. It is unique to each phone, and known only to Palm/Sprint. If you had this, you could likely "unlock" your phone and put it on another CDMA network, such as Verizon in the US.

Sometimes you can get Sprint to give you the MSL, I've got them to give me the one for my Treo 755P. I don't know if they will be as forthcoming on the Pre though.
    Wow, I'm just getting started on this thing! It's SO RIPE for customization/hacking!

Check out what processes these ## commands if you get a chance, it's also what dials the phone:

Code:
    /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/models/DialStringParser.jsjsjs
    BE CAREFUL!
    lol......I never bothered looking up what MSL stood for all this time. I just knew it was a difficult to get code that was needed for some heavy handed operations. Learn somethin' new every day!
    The MSL is a password that is factory assigned. It is unique to each phone, and known only to Palm/Sprint. If you had this, you could likely "unlock" your phone and put it on another CDMA network, such as Verizon in the US.

Sometimes you can get Sprint to give you the MSL, I've got them to give me the one for my Treo 755P. I don't know if they will be as forthcoming on the Pre though.
    I called up Sprint's Tech Support last week and simply asked for the MSL code. Took the guy about 10 seconds to look it up. I was not hassled at all. Same with my previous phone, they were not hesitant to give it to me, in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by optik678 View Post
    I called up Sprint's Tech Support last week and simply asked for the MSL code. Took the guy about 10 seconds to look it up. I was not hassled at all. Same with my previous phone, they were not hesitant to give it to me, in my experience.
    There's nothing special about the MSL. It's simply how you can activate your phone on Sprint--or change certain settings. It doesn't allow you to put your phone on another carrier. As far as I know, no other CMDA carrier will take a phone they didn't release. Perhaps some MVNO would do this?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Yeah, tech support had me enter mine a number of times just for basic troubleshooting. My office building is apparently a Faraday cage for CDMA, so they just sent me a femtocell instead.

And seeing as I'm delurking, I'll just add my appreciation for all of the explorers who've made this past week so damn interesting.
    New member here, just rooted me Pre last night.

When entering the screen-off standby mode, my Pre also turns off WiFi, preventing/terminating any SSH connection from my laptop. I though I saw much earlier in the thread a mention of how to keep WiFi on during standby, but I cannot find it now.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I am loving all of the entries out there. Has anyone figured out how to edit the tone for setting the Pre on a touchstone or receiving an SMS message? I am going nuts with the one notification. I am still a bit skeptical of using some of the ...hacks.. alterations due to my intense fear of bricking the device. I am hoping that there will be an application developed by all the smart people here that can make these changes directly from the device. I would pay for this application to help support the developers who are doing this. If Palm is really smart, they will embrace and support all of you for either making changes they hadnt thought of or inventing new ways to use applications that are mre friendly. It will be interesting to see this post three months from now to see what of the original ideas have been implemented in updates.

I stand by my conviction that if tethering is not offered as an add on or PDAnet type app, I will be returning my Pre for a touch pro. As much as I like the device, I used the tethering too much on my 755P and miss it dearly.

Palm has clearly warned against the hack available so I will not do it but I will warn Palm that this is a deal breaker for me and many others.

Thank you to all that have made this phone great! Your work should be rewarded. If anyone would like to partner up on an application, I have a great plan but cannot write code well enough to make it work.
    continued:

##477# Get GPS location
    ##8378# Unknown; called "CRO TEST" ???
    ##6346843277# "Experimental Mode: True" ???
    ##2355273667# "Experimental Mode: False" ???
    ##8327633696# Unknown; called "Sticky Dialpad" ???
    ##8766# Voice Privacy Enable
    ##87633# Voice Privacy Disable
    ##889# TTY mode switch menu
    ##2539# Entry of new AKEY (requires MSL) Note: will BREAK your phone!!!
    ##3836# EVDO Mode Menu

Still looking for more...
    TTY Mode Switch menu..that sounds interesting. Has anyone tried ##889# to see if it enables a terminal or something?
    I think TTY is telephone typewriter

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telecommunications_device_for_the_deaf
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    ok call me a newb but i started editing the glocal search files as the wiki describes and i ended up with a non existent app menu... just 5 empty long pill shaped images.. search doesnt work and global search doesnt work nor the upper left menu..only the bottom tray bgow can this be fixed.. can i just copy znd overwrite the files i edited using the default files from tbge image