Page 48 of 57 FirstFirst ... 384344454647484950515253 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    Dude, I have helped out. I wrote a wiki on how to add and delete pages in the app launcher.
    That's exactly the type of page I was talking about - thanks for your great contribution. Let's hope that lots of other folks follow your lead.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by SDash View Post
    O_O I didn't notice the list of pages on the wiki page.

Originally I was using an old post's urls for the sftp-server files.

Now I'm on track

EDIT: Got stuck trying the to create dropbearmod from this command

It shows up as -sh: cannot create dropbearmod: Permission denied

Code:
    sed 's/\/usr\/libexe/\/opt\/libexe/g' dropbearmulti > dropbearmod
    That command shouldn't be required any more - we modified the dropbear build so that change is already done in the binary in the feed.

-- Rod
    Been lurking for days now, decided to finally get in on the action.

I've tried following the directions for the SFTP access here and on the wiki, but I'm having trouble. I can actually SFTP in just fine as long as the "su -c" is removed from the server name. Problem is, once I'm in, I can't get root. This is obviously pointless when I want to make changes.

Please help.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post

Edit2: Hmm, after a reboot, it doesn't appear to be working again. Maybe I do need to still do the sed command.

Yeah -- I think the reason it worked for you the 2nd time around is because if you just removed the packages that you put in the first time, it still leaves the patched dropbearmulti behind.
    Edit: I just saw rhitby's comment that the dropbear build was modified.

And yes, it appears sed is already on the Pre, so that step isnt necessary..

Rick
    Last edited by RickNY; 06/14/2009 at 10:25 AM.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I just updated the wiki pages for SFTP access.. Please comment or modify it as you see fit if you think any changes are necessary.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickNY View Post
    I just updated the wiki pages for SFTP access.. Please comment or modify it as you see fit if you think any changes are necessary.
    Yeah, adding the NOPASSWD line for the sftp server to the sudoers file is what fixed it for me, thanks.

Edit: Nope, weird, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'll have to try doing somethings from Putty when I get a chance.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 06/14/2009 at 12:07 PM.
    Yeah, adding the NOPASSWD line for the sftp server to the sudoers file is what fixed it for me, thanks.

Edit: Nope, weird, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. I'll have to try doing somethings from Putty when I get a chance.
    So you can do drag and drop from an FTP client?

Interesting... do you see /media/internal as well?
    Just added pre dev wiki: New Cards For Each Messaging Conversation.

Create's new cards for each person when you click them in messaging.vi
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    So you can do drag and drop from an FTP client?

Interesting... do you see /media/internal as well?
    Drag and drop from an sftp client such as WinSCP. And yes, I can see /media/internal that way.

To anyone who has any idea, does anyone have any idea why the command sudo /opt/libexec/sftp-server is asking for a password, even though sudoers is clearly set to say (and the myusername is replaced with the actual username):

myusername ALL=NOPASSWD: /opt/libexec/sftp-server
    root ALL=(ALL) ALL
    myusername ALL=(ALL) ALL

That appears to be what's preventing me from having it always work, since WinSCP doesn't support if it asks for a password before performing the sftp-server command.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    go to

pre dev wiki: Enable Root Access

to root on windows
    thank you very much kind sir.
    ( pre-wallpapers.com ) - Over 7000+ Wallpapers for your Palm Pre... Enjoy!
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    root ALL=(ALL) ALL
    myusername ALL=(ALL) ALL
    You need to put the NOPASSWD line after the ALL line for your user -- its read in order, the ALL entry trumps the NOPASSWD

Code:
    root ALL=(ALL) ALL
    myusername ALL=(ALL) ALL
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Verified

Now I've got my new global search image on it
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I made a note in the wiki regarding the order of the NOPASSWD line..
    You need to put the NOPASSWD line after the ALL line for your user -- its read in order, the ALL entry trumps the NOPASSWD

Code:
    root ALL=(ALL) ALL
    myusername ALL=(ALL) ALL
    What does the first of those three lines do? Surely root doesn't need sudo access ...

BTW, I'm hoping we can get root access via ssh keys working, then everyone can just set up ssh keys and not worry about sudo any more ...

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    What does the first of those three lines do? Surely root doesn't need sudo access ...

BTW, I'm hoping we can get root access via ssh keys working, then everyone can just set up ssh keys and not worry about sudo any more ...

-- Rod
    I'm pretty sure that was already in there, I know I didn't ever specifically add it.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I believe because the sudo command allows one user to run specific (or all) commands in the context of root or any other user, the line exists by default in any default sudoers file I have ever seen. While root usually has free reign to run any command, I believe this line is necessary to give root the ability to run any command in the context of any other user on the system (ala sudo -u someuser )

As I've said previously, I'm a *nix amateur, so I could very well be mistaken. By the way, the line was in there originally by default.

Rick
    I must be the only one having problems getting in to root. I've followed the steps, and when I enter "./novaterm" into Terminal it just comes back and says Bus Error. What gives??
    Quote Originally Posted by jdwky View Post
    I must be the only one having problems getting in to root. I've followed the steps, and when I enter "./novaterm" into Terminal it just comes back and says Bus Error. What gives??
    you don't enter anything...

start dev mode.

install the drivers like they say, then python, then connect the phone, then run talk.py

that opens up root.

then you just telnet into it over wifi, install whatever backdoor you want, then disable dev mode.

also: no offense, but if you are having a hard time with this, it's probably a REALLY bad idea for you to do this, as you can easily fark up your phone.

I'm a Linux sysadmin at a big company, and I deal with this on a daily-basis, and I still managed to screw up my phone, requiring a full-wipe using WebOS Doctor.

If I were you, I'd stay the heck out of there.
    Quote Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
    you don't enter anything...

start dev mode.

install the drivers like they say, then python, then connect the phone, then run talk.py

that opens up root.

then you just telnet into it over wifi, install whatever backdoor you want, then disable dev mode.
    Sorry, I should have mentioned, I'm using a Mac.