Page 46 of 57 FirstFirst ... 36414243444546474849505156 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 3l33t33n View Post
    I was looking through some code and I ran across this little tidbit:

Code:
    Vibrate.vibrate();
    It is used to make the phone vibrate (obviously) but I didn't think it would be that simple. I couldn't see where a Vibrate class was initialized or setup in the script so I was wondering if any of you have tried using this in an app ("homebrew" or otherwise) if it really is as simple as putting in that code then great, if I'm missing something I would appreciate the heads up
    Where did you find that code at? please let me know. I will look into it asap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    Is there a quick one-line unix command to restart LUNA or to restart the phone altogether?
    ya in putty just type reboot.
    What happened to all of the goodness in this post? There used to be so many people witting here. Where did everyone go? I have been expecting the wiki to be blowing up with all sorts of fun goodies. There really hasn't been much added lately. Looks like it topped off I guess.
    IRC channel is pretty active.

#webos-internals on freenode
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    Where did you find that code at? please let me know. I will look into it asap.
    It's referenced twice in:
    \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.deviceinfo\app\controllers\accelerometer-assistant.jsjsjs

and once in:
    \usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.deviceinfo\app\controllers\proximity-assistant.jsjsjs

From what I can tell that's all it takes. I'm thinking it's some sort of global class/function that can be universally called from any app, probably defined and initialized in the mojo sdk but I have no idea, I haven't looked into it very far yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjlucsy View Post
    I symbolic linked the user applications folder (/var/usr/palm/applications) to a folder that is visible when connected as a USB drive (/media/internal), but the Pre seems to cache data for apps or something. The apps would launch just fine, but if I make a change and relaunch, it would still be using the previous version. Ah well, at least I have a copy of all the apps I've downloaded. :-)
    Did you have / mounted rw?
    lol so like how the hell to i get on the IRC. I ave never used it in my life. I am trying here and can't quite figure that out, but I can read javascript pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by dsevil View Post
    You don't have to have an image to add something to Universal Search, by the way.

In expanded-searches-div.html, instead of the following example:
    Code:
    <div class="search-dictionary"></div>
    you type the following:
    Code:
    <div class="search-dictionary">Dictionary</div>
    And in global-search.css instead of using a line like the following:
    Code:
    background: url(../images/search-dictionary.png) center center no-repeat;
    use:
    Code:
    padding-top: 10px;
    Screenshot of what it looks like:
    http colon slash slash tinyurl dot com slash kldxyr
    hahahaha.

Where's the fun in that?

Are you saying Virox and I are working for naught?!?!

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Did you have / mounted rw?
    Yep.
    On a different topic, I changed the screenlock program and added '1 day' as a timeout value (86400 seconds). Got tired of it turning off when on the USB charger.
    lol so like how the hell to i get on the IRC. I ave never used it in my life. I am trying here and can't quite figure that out, but I can read javascript pretty well.
    Archive of IRC channel logs are in http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs/webos-internals (current day's log is in http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs...-internals.txt and previous day's log is in http://logs.nslu2-linux.org/livelogs...rnals-prev.txt).

Google knows how you can connect to IRC (there are a bazillion different ways you can do it).

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    I just use Chatzilla on Firefox to connect to the IRC channel.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    First thing I did after finally getting this thing rooted:

What file did you edit to change the colors?
    I haven't been on IRC in YEARS.

Here is what I did:

Download mIRC (30 day trial) and install.

The tricky part is you have to connect to the freenode server FIRST (file-> Select Server). It is not the default server. If you enter #webos-internals on the wrong server, you will just end up creating a new empty channel. (Had me stumped for a minute.)

Then you find the channel (Tools -> channel list) and select #webos-internals.

Decide on a nickname for yourself and join.

Then enjoy the show - I have for several days!!
    What happened to all of the goodness in this post? There used to be so many people witting here. Where did everyone go? I have been expecting the wiki to be blowing up with all sorts of fun goodies. There really hasn't been much added lately. Looks like it topped off I guess.
    What's missing is a group of people who can take the raw info from the IRC channel, and turn it into wiki pages that everyone can understand.

You wanna help out?

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhall View Post
    What file did you edit to change the colors?
    sorry, i totally don't remember. I have been screwing around with swapping out some images as well:

http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncase3 View Post
    I haven't been on IRC in YEARS.

Here is what I did:

Download mIRC (30 day trial) and install.

The tricky part is you have to connect to the freenode server FIRST (file-> Select Server). It is not the default server. If you enter #webos-internals on the wrong server, you will just end up creating a new empty channel. (Had me stumped for a minute.)

Then you find the channel (Tools -> channel list) and select #webos-internals.

Decide on a nickname for yourself and join.

Then enjoy the show - I have for several days!!
    what's even easier is:
    download and start your irc client
    /server irc.freenode.net
    /join #webos-internals
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by greg963 View Post
    FYI, You don't need to use chmod with visudo (or even specify the filename). visudo does all that for you.

I just wanted to include an option for those folks struggling with vi in the original post.
    Greg,

Thanks for the clarification.. Count me in as one struggling with vi as it is, let alone with the sudoers file, opting as most amateurs do for nano.. I took it as a good opportunity to get to know vi better.

Rick
    what's even easier is:
    /server irc.freenode.net
    /join #webos-internals
    Thanks Phwelo!

With your help, I was able to use ChatZilla to get on instantly!

Props!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 3l33t33n View Post
    If anyone is looking into controlling the basic functions of the pre (GPS, camera, etc.) there is a wealth of information and code in 'com.palm.app.deviceinfo' it looks to be the setup/config app for the pre (don't know since I don't have mine yet ...) but it is fairly bare-bones and can easily be copied/pasted and modified into your own app. I am working on one now but have no way to test until I get my pre.
    i'd be willing to test your code =]
    what's even easier is:
    /server irc.freenode.net
    /join #webos-internals
    Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I'm a crappy typist with a bad memory. Point and click for me.