Page 44 of 57 FirstFirst ... 34394041424344454647484954 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scm6079 View Post
    Sure. I'll post it up to the wiki later this weekend. I'm at work now and can't grab the diff - and am going to a fun-fly tonight (East Mesa, AZ if any R/C heli/plane enthusiasts want to go) after work.

I am sort of new to this. can you explain what you are referring to when you say diff? you mean the changes you made? I saw diff being called out in your camera app and I was a little confused..
    About the Global Search Addons:

I'm pretty sure you'll have to click search on the RadioReference page after it takes you there.

Does anyone know how to move Twitter up so it isn't the last item in the menu whilst still allowing the menu to look right?
    so just looking into the future here...
    will there be an app that lets you configure all these different options without the java look form it?
    sorta like a setting app?
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    I am sort of new to this. can you explain what you are referring to when you say diff? you mean the changes you made? I saw diff being called out in your camera app and I was a little confused..
    Google this: diff patch

Read the first couple links - that will get you up to speed.

_Scott
    scm6079, thanks. diff looks confusing to use. I know if I played with it I might get some where. So what you are doing is editing a copy of an original file with new code and adding it to the original, correct? You are using the +++ --- syntax to tell diff which lines to include and exclude with out hurting the original file?
    Quote Originally Posted by ultraBlack View Post
    About the Global Search Addons:

I'm pretty sure you'll have to click search on the RadioReference page after it takes you there.

Does anyone know how to move Twitter up so it isn't the last item in the menu whilst still allowing the menu to look right?
    pre dev wiki: Global Search Addons

Step 3, just swap Twitter and whatever you want to move.
    Has anyone bothered to look at making the app launcher icon on the right side of the bottom menu bar swappable or replace it with a different app icon? I would really like to replace that with something I would use more often. More often than not, I find myself swiping up to open the app launcher instead of hitting the button.

If I have any free time this weekend I would really like to look into changing/replacing it. If some one has already done it, please let me know. If you have done it, I beg you! add it to the wiki.
    Well done guys. I hope to jump in once I get off Verizon (a month or two).

I was glancing through some code, and came across some comments I thought I would share:
    //<-- gaze into the javascript abyss
    // This should not happen
    // Every time you call this, somewhere a kitten dies
    // this is weird
    // In the process of deprecating these constants... almost there.
    // Welcome to the house of javascript hacks. Please enjoy your stay!
    // Finally remove any remaining scripts to avoid any evilness they may bring
    // TODO: Peter will fix this
    This is all pretty neat. I'm going to have to brush up on my HTML/CSS/JSJSJS.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    Has anyone bothered to look at making the app launcher icon on the right side of the bottom menu bar swappable or replace it with a different app icon? I would really like to replace that with something I would use more often. More often than not, I find myself swiping up to open the app launcher instead of hitting the button.

If I have any free time this weekend I would really like to look into changing/replacing it. If some one has already done it, please let me know. If you have done it, I beg you! add it to the wiki.
    That's what I'm working on right now. I can't find where that launcher lives and it's driving me nuts.

I tried setting visible : false in the appinfo.json for the launcher, but that made the launcher inaccessable entirely, even from a swipe up gesture.

Hopefully someone smarter than me will try.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    That's what I'm working on right now. I can't find where that launcher lives and it's driving me nuts.
    I was digging around, and found the images it uses for the quick launch, in /usr/palm/sysmgr/images (specifically quick_launch_bg.png and quick_launch_stash.png). Grep'ing for that file name shows that they are only referenced in one place, by /usr/bin/LunaSysMgr, which is a binary executable. That doesn't bode well for customization.

I haven't yet been able to determine just where LunaSysMgr is storing its quick-launch preferences.
    This doesn't seem right, since we can already swap icons off and on the quick launch bar. It definately is possible that the launcher link is hard coded though.
    Here are some new google maps and google images using the google font (inspired by ananimus, thanks!). The other google images one I made looks a little weird to me. I suppose it's all about choice!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by electrofreak66 View Post
    Here are some new google maps and google images using the google font (inspired by ananimus, thanks!). The other google images one I made looks a little weird to me. I suppose it's all about choice!
    Thanks!

I'll put them up on the wiki...

choices choices...
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    ! You guys are working so fast! Thanks for all the hard work!

I'm trying to root into the Pre but I can't seem to get it going. After running talk.py, I tried using PuTTy to Telnet into it using the ip address from the pre with wifi. Is there anything I could be doing wrong?

Hey guys (and gals?) I've just joined this forum (mainly due to this thread) and have been catching up on the last 870+ posts of AWESOMENESS! I don't want to come off as redundant but you guys have done some amazing work thus far. That said I have been poking around the webOS code/structure and found something interesting that I think may be useful:

in usr\palm\applications\com.palm.app.findapps\weave\services there are several .jsjsjs $files$ $that$ $contain$ $the$ $functions$ $to$ $operate$ $the$ $app$ $store$ ($I$ $know$ $someone$ $was$ $looking$ $for$ $this$ $and$ $looking$ $into$ $modifying$ $the$ $url$ $where$ $it$ $gets$ $the$ $apps$ $from$).

applicationserver.jsjsjs - $refers$ $to$ $the$ $function$ $getServerUrl$ $which$ $I$ $imagine$ $refers$ $to$ $the$ $app$ $store$ $URL$. $Unfortunately$ $this$ $appears$ $to$ $be$ $a$ $dynamic$ $url$ ($it$ $is$ $different$ $depending$ $on$ $location$, $carrier$/$provider$, $etc$.) $generated$ $from$ $the$ $getServerUrl$ $function$ $in$ '$accountservices$.$js$'. $It$ $is$ $generated$ ($not$ $sure$ $but$ $looking$ $into$ $this$) $by$ $calling$ '$palm$://$com$.$palm$.$accountservices$' $which$ $responds$ $with$ ($again$ $just$ $guessing$) $the$ &$quot$;$nearest$&$quot$; $app$ $store$ $server$ $url$ $and$ $returns$ $and$ $error$ $if$ $you$'$re$ $not$ $connected$ $to$ $the$ $network$ $or$ $it$ $reaches$ $a$ $timeout$.

EDIT: It also occured to me that the URL may just be stored in a config file and is being dynamically referenced in order to allow for future updates (it's not hard coded into the script in case it changes in the future, it would make it easier to update). Again, just a theory, I am checking into both...

I'm sure it is possible to write a 'hack' (and I use the term "hack" loosely) to use you're own url to download apps or even make it reference to the ipkg repository.

The app store/catalog also implements token based security measures based on your email, device id, carrier, and token (i'm guessing it's a shared key or private key stored on your pre somewhere, possibly unique to each device, kind of redundant with the device id being unique as well...)

Just thought you might be interested in this info, I'm just glad to be caught up!
    Last edited by 3l33t33n; 06/13/2009 at 08:33 AM. Reason: more info
    If anyone is looking into controlling the basic functions of the pre (GPS, camera, etc.) there is a wealth of information and code in 'com.palm.app.deviceinfo' it looks to be the setup/config app for the pre (don't know since I don't have mine yet ...) but it is fairly bare-bones and can easily be copied/pasted and modified into your own app. I am working on one now but have no way to test until I get my pre.
    Here are some more google universal search images.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    260 Global Posts
    Hmmm each time I telnet into it using putty or Windows it continually asks for the username and password even though I enter root for the user and nothing for the password. Has anyone been unable to login?
    Hi all I am new to the forum and Wow very cool stuff here. I have a couple questions. First I am having some issues with getting the backdoor on the phone I keep getting failures when the phone tries to uncompress files with tar. The message is: invalid gzip magic. I have worked past some of it by uncompressing the files on my computer then sending them to the pre. But I am stuck updating the ipkg packages so i can't get dropbear installed for the back door. Any insight would be much appreciated.

The second question I have is if anyone has found away to expose the GPS Coordinates? Would be really cool to have your current coordinates displayed for those that GeoCache and such. I am thinking a really simple app that just updates your location. Would be awesome to display your coordinates on Google Maps but guessing that would require Google to add the feature as it may be proprietary code.

Thanks for all the great work. I love my Pre!