Page 42 of 57 FirstFirst ... 32373839404142434445464752 ... LastLast
    It's a wiki, so please get yourself an account (the password is available to anyone who wants to contribute, we only have it to stop spammers), and pitch in.
    Could you please PM me the password for the wiki, so that I can add the universal search images I made to it?
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    How would i go about getting the flash to stay in the on state ... didnt see a function to call to initiate it via jsjsjs. $can$ $u$ $call$ $bash$ $command$ $like$
    Code:
    echo -n "shutdown" > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-00
    to turn on the flash from the app?
    Yeup! It snuck into the wiki:
    predev wikidot com / torch-flash
    :: Mark
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    is there an app for adding univeral searches easily?
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's a wiki, so please get yourself an account (the password is available to anyone who wants to contribute, we only have it to stop spammers), and pitch in.

Seriously, the devs are not going to have time to format all the information found, so there needs to be a group of people who help out by taking the raw information from the devs and formatting it so that non-devs can use it.

-- Rod

I have an account already... but was intending on taking the lazy way out by begging for it and waiting until it appeared.

haha

*contributes*
    Quote Originally Posted by huytrang90 View Post
    I saw some thing in the findapps folder called weave which has the code for applicationInstaller. I think this may be way to install application?
    Yep, its in the Weave.jsjsjs

The start of the command from shell would be something similar to:
    /usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 "palm://com.palm.appinstaller" '{"file://' + filename'"}'

I just haven't figured out (yet) the parameters to send after the target is specified.

Theoretically could be easy to modify either (or both) the browser or email app to look for ipk files (mime-types of and execute this weave call. One thing I did notice, however, it checks for the existence of the app and if it already exists i don't believe it continues with the install. Coincidentally, this is the same behavior as the ipkg installation routines. Either this check would have to be bypassed (easy to comment out the check in javascript) or the modified package would have to have a different name.
    Some more Editions Request if anybody needs a special

virox, keep it coming..

can you do one for merriam webster site?
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Hey Virox, can you do one for RadioReference.com please?
    Maybe one that just has the tower w/ RadioReference beside it ???

Also, how can I set up FTP straight into my phone? I already have ssh access.
    Quote Originally Posted by huytrang90 View Post
    virox, keep it coming..

can you do one for merriam webster site?
    - white or coloured?
    - with or without logo?
    Hiya folks-

Yes I know I'm new here, so first off hello. I've been trying to read through this entire thread... tons of good info btw..I run linux here at home and thanks to the wodnerful wikis, I've been following along and trying somethings. One thing that occured to me, as tethering seems to be important to everyone is sshtunneling. I use it regularly on the road to use my computer at home as a secure proxy. The idea being the following:

1. establish a tunnel, over a network connection to the proxy host
    2. point the client browser back to 127.0.0.1 on whatever the ssh port is
    3. surf n browse

I've since modified this and tried it using the dropbear, as pointed out in the wiki. In order to configure dropbear, to support sshtunneling, the new file needs to have the connection string:

exec /opt/sbin/dropbear -w -F -p 222

modified to be:

exec /opt/sbin/dropbear -a -w -F -p 222

From there, you can establish the sshtunnel (in linux) using the following command:

sudo ssh -ND 222 -vv preuser@preipaddress -p 222

The sudo is there to support the clients (in my case linux) requirement of having root forward priveleged ports. This would mean that an end solution would be that a user creates a peer to peer wireless network with the pre, then establishes an ssh tunnel to the Pre, and finally enables the SOCKS v4 proxy, in the browser to point back to 127.0.0.1, port 222. These same steps SHOULD work, with minor modifications for users running Mac OSX. For those of you that are Windows users, I believe putty supports some similar options, however I'm not as well versed in that as others. The only problem, I know there had to be a problem right?, is that the Pre's initial configuration defaults to using wifi, over the ev-do, when available. This being said, I'm still looking for a way to modify the adapter preference so that this situation is reversed. I'm posting to not only say hello but also to ask a number of very smart people if they have yet run across where this option can be set. If this can be discovered, the end result would be the same as tethering and we can all be happy again Thanks for the awesome thread so far guys, keep up the good work

Ybot
    Yarg! I began to make the Wiki page and found out I need a password. I PMed to get the password and found out I need more posts. >.<

*spams more on other forums*

also... in case emkman sees this... hook me up with a password so I can maintain the Wiki Page for Global Search png's and url's!
    [QUOTE=virox;1674072]Some more Editions Request if anybody needs a special

Edited images The server keeps seeing these images as spam, so I took them out.

Hey Virox,

I'm gonna get an account for the wiki page as well, and you and I can work together to maintain the page with a collection of all the png's you make and I can find the corresponding URL's for them.

Lemme know what you think.
    Last edited by palandri; 06/12/2009 at 07:35 PM. Reason: removed images showing as spam
    Note to everyone who wants wiki write access: You dont need the password. If you don't have it, simply use the other option and apply. I will approve you in less than 12 hours, usually more like <40 minutes
    Also, in case people have not seen, existing users can invite people to the wiki now, using the link on the side nav. SirataXero, I pm'ed you the pw right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    - white or coloured?
    - with or without logo?
    Just white.
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    emkman?
    please could you send me the password, too?
    Hey emkman,

thanks! I got it. I look forward to starting this up. I begged for the password on the forum, and applied for it as well...

Just in case one method was more efficient than the other.

Thanks!
    Hey Virox,

I made a wiki page titled "Global Search Addons Collection"

I'll go through this thread and put up all the pictures everyone has made. Links will follow soon. If you want to put up all the images from your last post:

Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    Some more Editions Request if anybody needs a special

That would be great. Let's make it huge!

As a side note, has anyone tried adding more than one page worth of links? what happens? are you able to scroll down past a page worth or can it not support it?
    Wherever you use to upload the pictures, try and keep them PNG. The ones on the page currently are jpgs, even though the one I uploaded to the forum here is a PNG here.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Wherever you use to upload the pictures, try and keep them PNG. The ones on the page currently are jpgs, even though the one I uploaded to the forum here is a PNG here.
    kk. Will do.