Page 41 of 57 FirstFirst ... 31363738394041424344454651 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    It's up on the predev wiki page I believe.
    Cool didnt even see those bash command there...

Ok but does anyone know how to call these from within mojo or call bash commands from within a app... scott any insight on this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    It's up on the predev wiki page I believe.
    I would assume to turn on the front screen light would be a similar call except to the temt6200 device.
    not sure if I state the obvious here.

Pre has java Harmony from Apache. I was able to load a bit of java applet from dslreports speedtest, but it did not fully loaded... Need to find out what happen there.

Does anyone know why Pre's browser can't load Java plugin from web page? what are the difference between harmony and Sun?
    "Who really needs to multitask on their phone." - PRE-rock
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    Why are no Pictures displayed I add to my posts? (I have enough posts)

EDIT: Yeah it works... so now all the Logos I hope you like them!

Anybody who has access to the wiki could upload them!
    Here is the amazon link for search:
    http://www.amazon.com/s?url=search-a...bosnation0e-20
    Last edited by huytrang90; 06/12/2009 at 01:10 PM. Reason: missing
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Cool didnt even see those bash command there...

Ok but does anyone know how to call these from within mojo or call bash commands from within a app... scott any insight on this?
    Take a look in the javascript sub folder right off the application for the classes you are looking for to do GUI level control. There are also devices that you need to know about if you are not working in JSJSJS - $but$ $on$ $the$ $command$ $line$. $The$ $camera$ $is$ $an$ $i2c$ $connected$ $component$. $You$ $can$ $take$ $a$ $look$ $at$ $the$ $sys$ $filesystem$ $for$ $control$ $components$ $from$ $the$ $command$ $line$. $Ie$. $To$ $query$ $the$ $flash$ $type$:

Code:
    cat /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/flash_current
    That will return an asterisk next to the current flash level, ie:
    150mA 200mA 300mA 400mA 500mA* 700mA 900mA 1200mA

You can send commands to components in a similar manner using echo, like

Code:
    echo -n "shutdown" > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0033/mode
    anyways... you get the idea. Have fun with it.

_Scott
    scm6079, Have you figured out how to add the led lights to new notifications at all?

Is there any chance we can get the vibrate adjustment added to the wiki? I would like to try it myself. Since the camera one is there why not add the vibrate mod too.

As soon as I get some time I will be looking into getting the LEDs to light up on notifications
    Last edited by pyrognome; 06/12/2009 at 01:48 PM.
    My stab at Yelp logos for universal search.

Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d3mon187 View Post
    I just searched - 'iPhone1,2_3.0_7A259g_Restore.ipsw' on google and the 3rd link for iphone-3g mods has a link for the above file on the page to download.

then search - 'How-to decrypt iPhone OS 3.0 beta filesystem' and the first link should be for ck's IT blog with an article about decrypting it.

from what I've read it seems like the file is called dynamic-text.dat and is in /private/var/mobile/Library/Keyboard.

I've never done or messed with any of this, so maybe someone with a lot more know how can chime into whether any of this sounds even remotely correct.
    Some of it relied on MAC or Linux software.. dont have either in my environment right now... anyone can accomplish this task ?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scm6079 View Post
    Take a look in the javascript sub folder right off the application for the classes you are looking for to do GUI level control. There are also devices that you need to know about if you are not working in JSJSJS - $but$ $on$ $the$ $command$ $line$. $The$ $camera$ $is$ $an$ $i2c$ $connected$ $component$. $You$ $can$ $take$ $a$ $look$ $at$ $the$ $sys$ $filesystem$ $for$ $control$ $components$ $from$ $the$ $command$ $line$. $Ie$. $To$ $query$ $the$ $flash$ $type$:

Code:

Code:

_Scott
    Ok thank you sir very much i will fiddle with that now. i swear your a palm developer lol.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scm6079 View Post

Code:

Code:

_Scott
    Cool cool i see how all of it works now some, calling the different fucntions. etc.....

How would i go about getting the flash to stay in the on state ... didnt see a function to call to initiate it via jsjsjs. $can$ $u$ $call$ $bash$ $command$ $like$
    echo -n "shutdown" > /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-00

to turn on the flash from the app?
    Quote Originally Posted by desairs View Post
    thanks for all of this stuff guys i appreciate all the work. I used to be an active Win Mo forum user, and I think we should have a thread with a bounty for a universal install method. I think that way we can put our money together and then encourage someone to develop such a method. Thats just my 2 cents though.
    Universal installer... Theorizing and don't have time to prove of disprove this at the moment. I think the app catalog is simply downloading .ipk bundles from a specific website and the os has geared that mime type to run through to the ipkg application. Hypothesizing because I see a whole list of all com.palm.app applications in when I run the following command from shell after mapping to the ipk repository... "ipkg list". I also installed two apps from the app catalog and it put their ipk files in my downloads directory before I launched them.

I'd bet if you installed one of them you didn't already have it would do the install. And it sounds like the ipk has the directory information required internally do do the setup for a custom app. Anyone want to try creating an ipkg file and link to it from their pre browser? Question is whether the browser is setup to recognize the mime types and route it accordingly. If one could hack the app store url and change it to another website, that would also work.

From the ikg website on the ipkg format:
    "What is the .ipk format?

In keeping with the "Just like Debian" philosphy laid out above, I first made the .ipk format equivalent to .deb, (but renamed to avoid frustration and confusion). However, I recently changed it to be a tar.gz file rather than an ar archive so that ar would not have to be installed to use ipkg. (But with 0.99 we changed it back because gzipping compressed data is a waste of CPU and battery).

So, a .ipk file is an archive (either tar or gzipped tar) containing 3 members:

./data.tar.gz contains the actual files belonging to this package. The contents of this directory will be extracted to / by ipkg. So it should contain entries such as ./usr and ./etc as top-level directory entries.

./control.tar.gz contains meta-data and scripts for the package. It must contain a file named control. It also may contain the following files: conffiles, preinst, postinst, prerm, postrm. Heck, it may contain anything else for that matter, but it wouldn't be useful.

./debian-binary This file is currently ignored by ipkg. However, in all current ipkgs it is a text file with a single line: 2.0

If you wish to view a .ipk file using WinZip, you can rename it (or copy it) as ....ipk.tar.gz, and then carefully open the contents. "
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    So I'm trying to enable vibrate for alarms in the clock application. Y'know, because the Treos have had that option forever and I prefer a vibating wake-up alarm rather than a ringtone playing. And, the Pre plays a sound for the alarm despite switching the ringer switch to vibrate!

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/controllers/clock-assistant.jsjsjs $uses$ $a$ $musicPlay$ $function$ $to$ $play$ $an$ $MP3$ $ringtone$! $This$ $is$ $different$ $than$ $the$ $notifications$ $that$ $scm6079$ $was$ $able$ $to$ $modify$ $to$ $lengthen$ $the$ $vibration$. $Any$ $suggestions$?
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyflipflops View Post
    I'd bet if you installed one of them you didn't already have it would do the install. And it sounds like the ipk has the directory information required internally do do the setup for a custom app. Anyone want to try creating an ipkg file and link to it from their pre browser? Question is whether the browser is setup to recognize the mime types and route it accordingly.
    I'd have to check the irc logs to be sure, but I think someone tried this yesterday and the browser didn't know how to deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zinge View Post
    I'd have to check the irc logs to be sure, but I think someone tried this yesterday and the browser didn't know how to deal with it.
    The browser just downloads the file to the downloads folder.... it's a mime issue. I just checked.

We would need to work on the appfinder hack or find out what actions the browser does to downloads based on mime types.
    Last edited by simplyflipflops; 06/12/2009 at 04:36 PM.
    I've installed a few web links to my launcher, particularly one for an online feed. Actually the link is to the page where a bunch of feeds are located. I want to have the address directly to the feed, but I don't think I can edit the address w/ the applauncher.

Does anyone know where the web links on the applauncher are stored in the filesystem?
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    scm6079, Have you figured out how to add the led lights to new notifications at all?

Is there any chance we can get the vibrate adjustment added to the wiki? I would like to try it myself. Since the camera one is there why not add the vibrate mod too.

As soon as I get some time I will be looking into getting the LEDs to light up on notifications
    Sure. I'll post it up to the wiki later this weekend. I'm at work now and can't grab the diff - and am going to a fun-fly tonight (East Mesa, AZ if any R/C heli/plane enthusiasts want to go) after work.

The key to the mod is the setTimeout -- if you look at my phone shutter mod it'll show you the same basic mod. Add a setTimeout -- BUT DON'T FORGET TO BIND IT. Someone PM'd me about it earlier and I realized the code in my post was my pre-tested version without the bind.

Have fun,
    _Scott
    Just a suggestion:

I think there should be a dedicated page on the Pre Dev Wiki that lists each modified png as well as the search link associated with it... for ease of access...

Just my 2 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by atourgates View Post
    Yeah, where's that Sargund / xbmodder hanging out? Why isn't he part of cette forum?

Dirty knowledge hoarder.
    Sargun hangs out on the #webos-internals IRC channel.

How come you're not there

The #webos-internals channel has had full public real-time logs from day one, and is specifically set up to openly share all knowledge gained.

You will note that Sargun had full instructions (including all source code) on how to reproduce DOOM on your own Pre well before the youtube video hit the major news blogs. *THAT* doesn't happen very often these days (these days it seems to always be Youtube and bragging first, closed binary release second, and source code and instructions coming a poor last if ever).

So any comments (even made in jest) about knowledge hoarding are way out of line. You will find the #webos-internals group to be *the* most open with knowledge that you will ever find on the internet.

-- Rod
    Quote Originally Posted by simplyflipflops View Post
    Universal installer...
    If you wish to view a .ipk file using WinZip, you can rename it (or copy it) as ....ipk.tar.gz, and then carefully open the contents. "
    I saw some thing in the findapps folder called weave which has the code for applicationInstaller. I think this may be way to install application?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Just a suggestion:

I think there should be a dedicated page on the Pre Dev Wiki that lists each modified png as well as the search link associated with it... for ease of access...

Just my 2 cents.
    It's a wiki, so please get yourself an account (the password is available to anyone who wants to contribute, we only have it to stop spammers), and pitch in.

Seriously, the devs are not going to have time to format all the information found, so there needs to be a group of people who help out by taking the raw information from the devs and formatting it so that non-devs can use it.

-- Rod