Page 38 of 57 FirstFirst ... 28333435363738394041424348 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    Dude, nice work! So if someone wanted to put in IMDB it could be done?
    I've only got a few minutes right now, but you'll need the search url of
    Code:
    http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=
    and I've got a PNG already made that works great as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    and I've got a PNG already made that works great as well.
    do you mind if i throw the imdb image on the wiki?
    how do i find my pre's IP address
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mokash34 View Post
    how do i find my pre's IP address
    google "what is my ip" using either wireless or 3g depending on the IP you want. click first link. profit.
    thank you arjuan! also, i really don't want to hold anyone back so if i am out of line by asking questions here... feel free to let me know.

I have my IP address... but now i don't exactly know how to telnet into it...

I would really benefit from a more thorough tutorial. the only part i'm sure i did right was download and unzip the webosdoctor.

i really want to get into this though
    Quote Originally Posted by arjuan View Post
    do you mind if i throw the imdb image on the wiki?
    That's fine, I only converted it from the logo anyway.
    Anybody annoyed by the fact that there's no snooze option in the alarm/clock app?

Well, I just added the ability to select how long you want the alarm to snooze and it seems to be working nicely. If anybody's interested let me know.
    Global Posts
    479 Global Posts
    Heh, I just added IMDB to mine. Your logo is much nicer, though-- time to change!
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jrod1027 View Post
    Anybody annoyed by the fact that there's no snooze option in the alarm/clock app?

Well, I just added the ability to select how long you want the alarm to snooze and it seems to be working nicely. If anybody's interested let me know.
    Definitely interested!

nice idea! Was able to find the code, but glad you thought of that. 5min is a little too short for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by arjuan View Post
    Definitely interested!
    Ok, I'm going to try and attach the files. Not sure if it's going to work based on my number of posts.

FYI - those are the diff -u files...

(updated with fixed alarm-assistant)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jrod1027; 06/11/2009 at 10:36 PM. Reason: clarification
    Ok, I'm going to try and attach the files. Not sure if it's going to work based on my number of posts.

FYI - those are the diff -u files...
    how do i install this?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fish199902 View Post
    Here's what I had, I'd post to the wiki, but I don't have access:

Code:
    # Setting up ad-hoc network
    iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc
    iwconfig eth0 ap any
    iwconfig eth0 key off
    iwconfig eth0 essid PreNet
    iwconfig eth0 channel 6
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1 up

# Route traffic from wifi to evdo
    echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

# Stop routing through my local gateway, leaving only the Ev-Do route
    route del default gw 192.168.2.1

while true; do
        # This value resets iteself to 0 periodically, anyone know why?
        echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
        sleep 10
    done

# There should be code to restore the old network here
    Its because the phone forces managed mode on the wifi ..... irix was ripping through some binaries to see what we could find
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I know nothing about linux or how to do any of this stuff. Is everything in the wiki?
    Quote Originally Posted by ericizzy1 View Post
    how do i install this?
    You'll have to enable r/w and manually make the changes to the files on the pre (or copy them off the pre, make the changes, and copy them back).

The diff file only shows the additions to the original files...located at:

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.clock/app/{controllers,models,views/alarm}

(just look at the top of each file and it'll show you the location, minus my working directory)
    What's the easiest way to get those neat looking png files? When I open them in paint it deforms them. I'd like one for Google Images and also for RadioReference.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Johncase3 View Post
    True, but I thinking this is one step closer to getting the pre on another carrier, by manually editing MIN, MDN, etc.
    You'll have to make sure that your destination carrier will accept someone else's ESN (Electronic Serial Number).

CDMA carriers like Sprint & Verizon use closed logistical & equipment authorization systems. I personally don't agree with locking phones, but it's understandable for several of their business reasons - cuts down on fraud/phone cloning, custom firmware support issues, etc.

If you try and hack it to work on the primary carrier's MVNO agent (Sprint's is Virgin Mobile, Boost, Amazon's Kindle, etc.) you might have a shot in hell since the phone works on the primary carrier's backbone.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    What's the easiest way to get those neat looking png files? When I open them in paint it deforms them. I'd like one for Google Images and also for RadioReference.com
    Gimp is a free image editor. Set the image background to transparent, then add text/whatever on top. Save as .png.
    I am an experienced programmer looking to work with a group of people interested in unlocking the phone for Verizon. If you are interested or know anyone who is, please PM or E-mail me.
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    This stuff is really great.. Thank you to all that have figured this out so far.. I have SSH access to my Pre now..

Does anyone know if its possible now to add in HTTP proxy support for wi-fi utilizing any of the methods that have been discovered so far?