Page 37 of 57 FirstFirst ... 27323334353637383940414247 ... LastLast
Results 721 to 740 of 1128
  1. #721  
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelpule View Post
    Can you wiki or post here what you did to get it working? I'm not having much luck I can login with winSCP via SCP but can't copy anything over.
    Sure. Took me a while too. Here are my settings in winSCP:

    Hostname: [my pre's ip]
    port: 2222
    username and password you set

    Check 'Advanced Options' and select Environment>SFTP
    In the SFTP server box enter: su -c /opt/libexec/sftp-server

    Make sure you login to putty and run "mount -o remount,rw /" and "mount -o remount,ro /" when you are done

    That did it for me.

    You have to do this first
    Last edited by blakeb; 06/11/2009 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Additional Instructions
  2. #722  
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Sure. Took me a while too. Here are my settings in winSCP:

    Hostname: [my pre's ip]
    port: 2222
    username and password you set
    Don't you mean port 222?

    Quote Originally Posted by lcars123 View Post
    I tether everyday for at least 8 hours. Heck, I'm tethered right now. I don't download large files so I stay under my 5gb limit per month. Never had any problems whatsoever.
    So does this mean that the "unlimited" data is actually capped at 5 GB / month?
  3. #723  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    So does this mean that the "unlimited" data is actually capped at 5 GB / month?
    "Sprint reserves the right to limit throughput speeds or amount of data transferred; and to deny, terminate, modify, disconnect or suspend service if usage either exceeds (a.) 5GB/month in total, unless specified otherwise or (b.) 300MB/month while off-network roaming. 1024KB equal 1MB. 1024MB equal 1GB."

    From the Terms & Conditions. So yup.
  4. #724  
    Quote Originally Posted by itfrancel View Post
    3.5mm is pretty common connection for a/v cables, here is one that amazon has.
    amazon.com/3-5MM-Plug-RCA-Video-Cable/dp/B000IMHDS2

    I would like to know if there is anything in the hardware/software that will enable the video out option.. or thru the microUSB connection.

    The real dream would be to get video thru bluetooth .. lol.. but I am sure that is too much to ask from this Forum..
    I don't belive the OMAP34xx can do this without extra hardware The beagleboard also uses the same processor, and it only has digial out (DVI-D). I didn't see anything in the Pre teardown that looked like a composite video converter chip. usually these embedded uber chips tend to have a video controller that is little more than a DMA engine that slams bits out to a bank of I/O lines, along with HSYNC/VSYNC.

    Zunes and Ipods have the compositie videio out, but I sorta doubt they'd waste chips in this phone for that. The way it works is they have a special 3.5mm jack that has another separator on it, So, instead of L, R, GND, it has L, R, V, GND.

    Video over BT sounds like a fantasy, even if it used DisplayLink sorta tricks. Does a video profile exist for BT? I'm not so sure...
  5. jeffgus's Avatar
    Posts
    34 Posts
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    #725  
    Quote Originally Posted by TymonFlak View Post
    I don't belive the OMAP34xx can do this without extra hardware The beagleboard also uses the same processor, and it only has digial out (DVI-D). I didn't see anything in the Pre teardown that looked like a composite video converter chip. usually these embedded uber chips tend to have a video controller that is little more than a DMA engine that slams bits out to a bank of I/O lines, along with HSYNC/VSYNC.
    There is such a thing is USB video. I have no idea how good it works, but Linux does have a driver for it.
  6. #726  
    I am a novice when it comes to this stuff but i really want to be able to use my phone as a flashlight if need be. How do i get this homemade app that i am reading about that allows you to do so?
  7. #727  
    I was able to find some information on the TI website about the OMAP3430
    focus.ti.com/lit/ml/swpt024b/swpt024b.pdf
    From reading the PDF it does mention the OMAP3430 has a TV out enabled. would love to see what its capable of or if extra hardware is needed
  8. #728  
    Quote Originally Posted by huytrang90 View Post
    anyone knows of potential issue if leaving the phone in Dev mode?

    I read of benefit from scott.
    one issue I had was that the alarm notifications and several others were not audible in Dev mode...playing with some settings to see if I can fix this.
  9. #729  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    Don't you mean port 222?
    I used port 2222 when setting up my back door.
  10. #730  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgus View Post
    There is such a thing is USB video. I have no idea how good it works, but Linux does have a driver for it.
    USB video through DisplayLink you mean? That'd require a USB host. I'm not sure "USB OTG" can do that or not, or if we have the host code on the pre.

    With a ton of work, sure, but then if your down stream device wants to see 5V and 200mA, it won't be getting it.

    That big thick 'demo' cable they had at CES is probably a 26 wire bundle that just hooks into the data channels between the video controller and LCD.

    Until palm says otherwise, I doubt video out can be done on the Pre without using a soldering iron!
  11. #731  
    It would be pretty cool if we had an app that could watch the screen on the phone in real time (via screenshots or something) from a telnet/ssh connection. Just imagine if your phone got stolen -- you could really mess with the guy!

    I also would like to use ftp. How difficult is this to set up?
  12. ssrjazz's Avatar
    Posts
    786 Posts
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    #732  
    Quote Originally Posted by virox View Post
    Whats about emulation in Qemu? Someone got it to work?

    Anyone interested in making this happen should check out my QEMU thread I started here
  13. #733  
    To install nano, add the repository as described here:

    pre dev wiki: Adding the ipkg repository

    Make sure to do an "ipkg update" then do "ipkg install nano".

    Nano is installed to /opt/bin. To run Nano, either do "/opt/bin/nano" or add /opt/bin to your environment path by doing a "PATH=$PATH:/opt/bin" at the command line, or simply add "/opt/bin" to /etc/profile after the path.

    After adding /opt/bin to your path, you can run Nano by just typing in "nano".
  14. #734  
    I just modded my universal search again. Since I don't really care about Wikipedia or twitter, I just changed the search address for Wikipedia to Google Images and for twitter to Yahoo search. Then I edited the wikipedia png file and copied the Yahoo png file. I still need to make the Google Images png transparent, but it does indeed work just fine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  15. #735  
    anybody find where all of the keyboard shortcuts are stored?
  16. #736  
    sorry for the newbie question... can anyone explain the step "use python to get rooter" ?

    I know i shouldn't be messing around without a better understanding but i promise to behave!! ;-)

    plus, we have the webosdoctor for a reason right?

    thanks in advance
  17. #737  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkosty View Post
    I am a novice when it comes to this stuff but i really want to be able to use my phone as a flashlight if need be. How do i get this homemade app that i am reading about that allows you to do so?
    It is a nice app on the TP, but I have noticed that my battery goes down about 10% for every 30 seconds or so of use so if it ever gets made use it sparingly
  18. #738  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    I just modded my universal search again. Since I don't really care about Wikipedia or twitter, I just changed the search address for Wikipedia to Google Images and for twitter to Yahoo search. Then I edited the wikipedia png file and copied the Yahoo png file. I still need to make the Google Images png transparent, but it does indeed work just fine.
    Dude, nice work! So if someone wanted to put in IMDB it could be done?
  19. #739  
    First time posting... and probably old news.

    I don't know about you guys, but I got tired of typing the konami code into the universal search. I modded my appinfo json file in /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher to read:

    {
    "title": "DeveloperMode",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "id": "com.palm.app.devmodeswitcher",
    "icon": "icon.png",
    "noWindow": false,
    "visible": true
    }

    And my nascar appinfo.json file in to read:

    {
    "title": "NASCAR",
    "type": "web",
    "main": "index.html",
    "id": "com.palm.app.nascar",
    "icon": "icon.png",
    "version": "1.3",
    "vendor": "Hands-On Mobile",
    "vendorurl": "URLREMOVED"
    "visible": false
    }

    Note: Do not change the vendorurl as I did above to bypass this website's filtering of hyperlinks for first time posters.

    Hello Development mode and bye bye Nascar...

    BTW: Has anyone tried to change the root password? What are the implications?

    Also, has anymore tried to kill the luna services and mgr and reload them instead of constantly rebooting?
  20. arjuan's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    #740  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    I just modded my universal search again. Since I don't really care about Wikipedia or twitter, I just changed the search address for Wikipedia to Google Images and for twitter to Yahoo search. Then I edited the wikipedia png file and copied the Yahoo png file. I still need to make the Google Images png transparent, but it does indeed work just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    Dude, nice work! So if someone wanted to put in IMDB it could be done?
    Yes. I've put instructions up for doing so on the wiki.
    Last edited by arjuan; 06/11/2009 at 09:08 PM. Reason: context

Posting Permissions