Page 36 of 57 FirstFirst ... 26313233343536373839404146 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Anyone had any luck finding out where to edit what apps are linked into the launcher on the bottom as well as the wave launcher? Would be nice to knock the launcher link off the bottom, and possibly replace what's on the wave launcher.

By the way, amazing work everyone, I love where this is going.
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbeutler View Post
    Anyone had any luck finding out where to edit what apps are linked into the launcher on the bottom as well as the wave launcher? Would be nice to knock the launcher link off the bottom, and possibly replace what's on the wave launcher.

By the way, amazing work everyone, I love where this is going.
    you don't need to edit any files inside the filesystem to change the apps on the wave bar, you just need to bring up the launcher menu and then click and hold your finger on an app you want to remove from the wave bar and then slide the app onto the launcher menu and then if you want to move apps to the wave bar you just do the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    you don't need to edit any files inside the filesystem to change the apps on the wave bar, you just need to bring up the launcher menu and then click and hold your finger on an app you want to remove from the wave bar and then slide the app onto the launcher menu and then if you want to move apps to the wave bar you just do the opposite.
    The up arrow that brings up the full launcher is locked. We want to modify it.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    I can remove everything but the launcher. I think it would be nice to remove the launcher as the universal search lets you find everything easier.

I know I have placed all the apps I use on the first page but there should be a better way that move one by one from the launcher screen to the launch bar, then to the page you want. I hope to see a better launcher in the future.

I was talking to a Palm rep at a Sprint store and it looks like just about anything can be moved just by pressing until the droplets appears around the icon.

Edit: Remember that something must be removed from the quicklaunch before anything is added.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    The up arrow that brings up the full launcher is locked. We want to modify it.
    ah ok
    I was wondering if anyone has started to look at a video out feature, from reading a few forums, I had come across a posting a while back that stated that the hardware on this phone could be enabled for video out thru the headphone jack, as long as you had the right cable and there was software that enabled that feature. I was looking thru some of the code on the web0s(even thou i am no developer) I was not able to find anything to enable this feature.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I was not aware that video could go through a 3.5m audio jack...
    3.5mm is pretty common connection for a/v cables, here is one that amazon has.
    amazon.com/3-5MM-Plug-RCA-Video-Cable/dp/B000IMHDS2

I would like to know if there is anything in the hardware/software that will enable the video out option.. or thru the microUSB connection.

The real dream would be to get video thru bluetooth .. lol.. but I am sure that is too much to ask from this Forum..
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by itfrancel View Post
    I was wondering if anyone has started to look at a video out feature,
    I don't think we have a kernel module/driver for that yet. Here's my lsmod output:

Module Size Used by
    bridgedriver 187924 1
    sd8xxx 184732 1
    g_composite 99292 4
    I don't see a display driver or any obvious video output module that could be installed. I think video is being output to /dev/touchscreen rather than an X client like a traditional Linux desktop.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I was not aware that video could go through a 3.5m audio jack...
    MyGOD, the Pre is truly incredible!
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Anyone get SSH and SFTP working with the novaproxy over usb? If not, how are you transferring files?
    Global Posts
    554 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakeb View Post
    Anyone get SSH and SFTP working with the novaproxy over usb? If not, how are you transferring files?
    i've been placing them on usb and transferring them from /media/internal to wherever they need to go. i would be interested in an ftp daemon as well. tried a couple with no success (i'm not all too linux-smart)
    http://phwelo.mobi
    for any questions or to send a donation: phwelo@gmail.com
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    I've enabled usbnet on the Palm Pre, but I can't seem to find a driver for Windows XP. The Gumstix linux.inf driver doesn't seem to recognize the Palm Pre. My idea is that if USB networking could be enabled, we could bridge usb0 to ppp0 and get tethering!

ppp0 Link encap:Point-to-Point Protocol
    inet addr:X.X.X.X P-t-P:68.28.177.69 Mask:255.255.255.255
    UP POINTOPOINT RUNNING NOARP MULTICAST MTU:1480 Metric:1
    RX packets:339 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:287 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:3
    RX bytes:243718 (238.0 KiB) TX bytes:44655 (43.6 KiB)

usb0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 5A:13:C1:08:A6:49
    inet addr:192.168.0.202 Bcast:0.0.0.0 Mask:255.255.255.0
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

usb0:1 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 5A:13:C1:08:A6:49
    inet addr:192.168.2.101 Bcast:0.0.0.0 Mask:255.255.255.0
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    Anyone find a way to invoke the LEDs?
    Whats about emulation in Qemu? Someone got it to work?
    I've made two more Logos for the global-search, but I can't post pictures or Links by now.
    How could I get access to the wiki to add them there? ;D
    Quote Originally Posted by phwelo View Post
    i've been placing them on usb and transferring them from /media/internal to wherever they need to go. i would be interested in an ftp daemon as well. tried a couple with no success (i'm not all too linux-smart)
    Yea thats my problem too. Starting to wish i was more familiar with linux.
    I've started a script to set up an Ad-Hoc tether in http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=1669865. I've had success, but it needs improvement
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I'm still liking my solution of sftp-ing in and being able to edit in any text editor I want, but I guess I'm just crazy that way.
    Can you wiki or post here what you did to get it working? I'm not having much luck I can login with winSCP via SCP but can't copy anything over.

EDIT: Thanks you already posted it here
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    Here's what I had, I'd post to the wiki, but I don't have access:

Code:
    # Setting up ad-hoc network
    iwconfig eth0 mode Ad-Hoc
    iwconfig eth0 ap any
    iwconfig eth0 key off
    iwconfig eth0 essid PreNet
    iwconfig eth0 channel 6
    ifconfig eth0 192.168.1.1 up

# Route traffic from wifi to evdo
    echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
    iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o ppp0 -j MASQUERADE

# Stop routing through my local gateway, leaving only the Ev-Do route
    route del default gw 192.168.2.1

while true; do
        # This value resets iteself to 0 periodically, anyone know why?
        echo 1 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
        sleep 10
    done

# There should be code to restore the old network here