Page 35 of 57 FirstFirst ... 25303132333435363738394045 ... LastLast
    That modified TelephonyInterfaceLayerCdma file from page 31, I went to /usr/bin/ , made a backup of the original, and copied that in, and after a reboot, it seems like phone service isn't working at all. There's no "Sprint" in the top left corner, and in the top right, the only connection is Wifi.

Edit: And to confirm, after copying back the backup file I made, everything is back to normal.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 06/11/2009 at 02:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Go for it i know mobile stream is working on it and also myself and irix.
    I would definitely throw down for this if someone figures it out before I get the time to hack it myself:-D
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OldCrowEW View Post
    I have a mac; let me know if I can help.
    hey OldCrowEW Please try opening up that package and extracting that file for the community i dont have a mac to try.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That modified TelephonyInterfaceLayerCdma file from page 31, I went to /usr/bin/ , made a backup of the original, and copied that in, and after a reboot, it seems like phone service isn't working at all. There's no "Sprint" in the top left corner, and in the top right, the only connection is Wifi.

Might want to go ahead and replace that my friend.
    Yeah, I copied back the original file and it's working fine again.
    it seems like phone service isn't working at all.
    There is a master md5sums file in / which points at /usr/lib/ipkg/info/telephonyinterfacelayer1cdma.md5sums. Could this be the reason?
    www.mobile-stream.com - USB Modem, Card Reader, Games etc.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    try getting the hash of the new file... Yea i believe there are checks in place on those files
    Yeah, I copied back the original file and it's working fine again.
    he means that wallpaper... there is def more gooder mario wallpepers bahaha
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    hey OldCrowEW Please try opening up that package and extracting that file for the community i dont have a mac to try.
    I just searched - 'iPhone1,2_3.0_7A259g_Restore.ipsw' on google and the 3rd link for iphone-3g mods has a link for the above file on the page to download.

then search - 'How-to decrypt iPhone OS 3.0 beta filesystem' and the first link should be for ck's IT blog with an article about decrypting it.

from what I've read it seems like the file is called dynamic-text.dat and is in /private/var/mobile/Library/Keyboard.

I've never done or messed with any of this, so maybe someone with a lot more know how can chime into whether any of this sounds even remotely correct.
    Last edited by d3mon187; 06/11/2009 at 02:50 PM. Reason: included older rom download link so decrypting will work with instructions, and we dont exactly need the newest files
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Stream View Post
    There is a master md5sums file in / which points at /usr/lib/ipkg/info/telephonyinterfacelayer1cdma.md5sums. Could this be the reason?
    Okay modified the telephonyinterfacelayer1cdma.md5sums with the new TelephonyInterfaceLayerCdma MD5, and then updated the md5sums with the new telephonyinterfacelayer1cdma.md5sums MD5.

It's connected to Sprint fine now, but I still get the "Auth Error" message when trying to connect via PAN.
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrognome View Post
    Electro, So i download the ipk, install it and just nano the files, or is there more to do to get nano setup before i can use it?
    As long as you are root and mounted with rw you should be good to go.
    With nano you just type: nano <filename>
    Edit the file like you want it. The key combo's should be at the bottom (^ = ctrl key). Use Ctrl+W to search for something in the file. When done editing I usually just do a Ctrl+X and it asks me if I want to save it before exiting.
    Last edited by electrofreak66; 06/11/2009 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Easier to read
    Anybody know what format the files are in when downloaded form the app store?
    Also im working on a Explore app. This will eliminate any root login and such. I think this should be first on the plate. After any file can be moved from memory to sd and changed over the USB. If anybody is interested let me know. Thanks
    Well thought I'd share this hack as it looks like a highly desirable feature...

In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs $you$ $can$ $find$ $the$ $dial$ $function$. $Do$ $a$ $search$ $for$ &$quot$;$dial$: $function$($number$){&$quot$;

Then a few lines in right after checking if there was a number given I added
    Code:
    	if(number.match('^DESIRED_PREFIX')) {
    		gvnum=GOOGLE_VOICE_NUMBER;
    		gvpin=PIN_NUMBER;
    		number=gvnum+'t'+gvpin+'t'+'2'+number.substr(2)+'#';
    	}
    So swap out DESIRED_PREFIX, GOOGLE_VOICE_NUMBER, and PIN_NUMBER and then whenever you prefix a number with the prefix it'll do the voice prompts and use Google Voice.

Use at your own risk but is simple enough where there shouldn't be any side effect.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by virgiltu View Post
    Anybody know what format the files are in when downloaded form the app store?
    Also im working on a Explore app. This will eliminate any root login and such. I think this should be first on the plate. After any file can be moved from memory to sd and changed over the USB. If anybody is interested let me know. Thanks
    .ipkg
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    I think this is worth a post. I was torn between a Pre and touch pro when I wrote to JuneFabrics (PDAnet developers) Please see below for their response:

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 3:30 PM, <support@junefabrics.com> wrote:

Hi,

We will support pre after it come out, but we do not have a release date yet.

We do support Pro, you can download PdaNet from our website at junefabrics.com/pdanet/download.php to try it out, we do offer a 7-days free trial period.

Thanks,
    June Fabrics PDA Software Support

I am loving the device and have read every post. I know so little about Linux that I am terrified of bricking my phone and going back to the Treo 755P. I think that the work done here will lead to an environment where we can request an application and find a developer with the skills to create it. I have a million dollar mobile app idea but have no skills to create it. If anyone on here is in Columbus Ohio, can program a simple accelerometer app and would be willing to go into business, I would like to meet.

I have been encouraged to have NDA's signed before releasing the idea as it could be a big winner.

Thanks to all the developers out there putting in all the time for this. Makes me feel even better about my purchase.
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Hey guys, this is all awesome. I think if someone can come up with a unified install method everything will be easier. I'll donate to whoever does this first.
    Quote Originally Posted by lldsandsll View Post
    did you get that dart27? this is your new BEST friend.
    Yea, already thanked 'em and PM'ed. Probably won't be able to get by the Sprint store 'till next week, but I'm definitely hoping a brotha' can get a hook-up! If its not done by then I have some ideas about tethering via IP Tables using bluetooth that I would like to try.
    On it
    Quote Originally Posted by tco-jt View Post
    Well thought I'd share this hack as it looks like a highly desirable feature...

In /usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.phone/app/controllers/dialpad-assistant.jsjsjs $you$ $can$ $find$ $the$ $dial$ $function$. $Do$ $a$ $search$ $for$ &$quot$;$dial$: $function$($number$){&$quot$;

Then a few lines in right after checking if there was a number given I added
    Code:
    	if(number.match('^DESIRED_PREFIX')) {
    		gvnum=GOOGLE_VOICE_NUMBER;
    		gvpin=PIN_NUMBER;
    		number=gvnum+'t'+gvpin+'t'+'2'+number.substr(2)+'#';
    	}
    So swap out DESIRED_PREFIX, GOOGLE_VOICE_NUMBER, and PIN_NUMBER and then whenever you prefix a number with the prefix it'll do the voice prompts and use Google Voice.

Use at your own risk but is simple enough where there shouldn't be any side effect.
    Very nice. Thank you!
    I still get the "Auth Error" message when trying to connect via PAN.
    OK, I give up until Palm releases a GSM version. Thanks for trying.
    www.mobile-stream.com - USB Modem, Card Reader, Games etc.