Page 33 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23282930313233343536373843 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    Cool. Now all he needs is google voice and a constant wifi antenna on his body.
    True, but I thinking this is one step closer to getting the pre on another carrier, by manually editing MIN, MDN, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbern8 View Post
    Has successfully edited one any of the appllications inside an ipkg and changed the md5?

In Amazon app, in the file download-assistant.jsjsjs,

search for "wireless", its a matter if changing one if statement to allow mp3 downloading over evdo.
    I could be wrong, (editing this is beyond my knowledge), but it appears that you're talking about

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.amazonstore/app/models/download-manger.jsjsjs

And the proper search term is wifi, not wireless.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dart27 View Post
    At least I'm not going to say I have no idea what y'all are talking about... I've done enough Java and shell scripting to keep up with the conversation. That's part of the reason I stick with my Palm over BB or iPhone.

If I was in a position to get a Pre I would be trying to help out. I am now kicking myself in the a** for upgrading to a 755p back in December. I know it is OT, but if anyone has a good idea about how to convince Sprint to let me upgrade early I would be all over it.

Time to check out the changes in the Wiki now that I made it through the thread. Thanks to all for the sleepless nights so far, and more to come I expect. Hopefully in another few months I can join the fun. Mad Props!
    if all else fails i can put a notation on your acct saying ur elgible...just PM me
    --
    Please post inquiries to the "Ask a Sprint rep" sticky on the CDMA North America forum.
    If my post was helpful please thank me!

Linux/Palm Pre HELP can be found at:
    http://www.crombiez.com

-intro.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Thanks for the correction, I'm out of the office and posting with my mobile by memory, I figured it would be close enough for anyone to find

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I could be wrong, (editing this is beyond my knowledge), but it appears that you're talking about

/usr/palm/applications/com.palm.app.amazonstore/app/models/download-manger.jsjsjs

And the proper search term is wifi, not wireless.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Gizmodo - iPhone OS 3.0 Now Available in Torrent—Tested, It Works - iPhone OS 3.0

You can get it now. Just fire up your favorite Torrent client and look for iPhone OS 3.0 7a341. Everyone can install this, not just developers. Here's how it works:

Note: The image is called iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore.ipsw. It should be 230.1MB
    Is it possible to get an autocorrect wordlist out of something like this?
    Pixi Plus - Pre Plus - Pre 2 - Pre 3 - Touchpad 1 ;-)
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Ugh, I just started to learn coding with Android on my HTC Touch and can't wait to start tinkering with the much more friendly looking WebOS! Android can be a bit of a pain for a beginner, and the Pre looks like a great replacement for my Touch!

Too bad I have to wait till July 1st just to get the stupid $75 rebate. I'd be forever grateful for a hookup "intro" :-)

Keep up the great work guys!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Someone mentioned, the Pre felt sluggish when dynamic CPU frequency scaling was activated (intention was to save battery).

Maybe you can try this:
    echo 30 >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/up_threshold

This means, ramp up the CPU frequency at 30% CPU usage (normally it's 70%, I think). I am using this setting on my Linux AMD desktop.

You could even set this to 10.

Maybe, also this is necessary, to also ramp up on niced processes:
    echo 0 >/sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/ondemand/ignore_nice_load
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lcars123 View Post
    So wait, does this work as tethering through bluetooth or usb and if it does for sure work can you provide step by step instructions. I'll go buy the pre today.
    Works through a wireless router... we are trying to get it to work via ad-hoc so if anyway can shed any light on how to stop the pre from using managed mode let me know... the current process requires you to take a router with you everywhere lol. not ideal
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Gizmodo - iPhone OS 3.0 Now Available in Torrent—Tested, It Works - iPhone OS 3.0

Is it possible to get an autocorrect wordlist out of something like this?
    Someone please do i want to add more words to my PRE.
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Works through a wireless router... we are trying to get it to work via ad-hoc so if anyway can shed any light on how to stop the pre from using managed mode let me know... the current process requires you to take a router with you everywhere lol. not ideal
    Than you sir... don't have the right jacket.
    Quote Originally Posted by intro View Post
    if all else fails i can put a notation on your acct saying ur elgible...just PM me
    did you get that dart27? this is your new BEST friend.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Pretty sure you mean:

./usr/lib/luna/system/luna-applauncher/app/controllers/global-search-assistant.jsjsjs

Instead of launcher-assistant.jsjsjs

Other than that, thanks, I got it working with that information.
    Sorry about that. It's all up on the wiki now under Global Search Addons!
    I propose a PayPal bounty to the team who comes up with tethering for the Pre. I'm sure everyone would be willing to throw some money into the hat for these hard working coders. Since I'm so new, I'll be happy to shut up and let someone more senior run this, or be told off if is uncouth.

However, I really want to tangibly support those who are working so hard to get tethering and other apps onto this phone.

If there is a positive response to this, I can setup a PayPal account for this purpose, and have other members on it as co-admins to keep things on the level. If someone knows a better idea, please shout out.
    Got Irix working on this right now. What do you think? Courtesy of Mobile Stream

If anyone wants to try tweaked TelephonyInterfaceLayerCdma which hopefully disables the SetTetherdMode call, read the disclaimer and prereqisities below and PM or e-mail for the file.

Disclaimer: we at Mobile Stream are not responsible for any damage this modified binary file may cause to your phone or data.

Prerequisities:
    1) Data plan (regular, not PAM plan).
    2) Ability to enable the developer mode, re-mount the root file system as read-write, install the file, restart the phone and ensure that the actual modifed binary is running (i.e. it does not get overwritten).
    3) Ability to setup the PAN connection and verify if it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by nethed View Post
    I propose a PayPal bounty to the team who comes up with tethering for the Pre. I'm sure everyone would be willing to throw some money into the hat for these hard working coders. Since I'm so new, I'll be happy to shut up and let someone more senior run this, or be told off if is uncouth.

However, I really want to tangibly support those who are working so hard to get tethering and other apps onto this phone.

If there is a positive response to this, I can setup a PayPal account for this purpose, and have other members on it as co-admins to keep things on the level. If someone knows a better idea, please shout out.
    I would contribute as I won't buy the pre until this is available.
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bclancy View Post
    Other than the sheer satisfaction of knowing for sure this could be done, what advantage is there of paying $550 for a device and still having to pay Verizons higher rates on top of this? Wouldn't it be easier to dump Verizon, pay less per month to Sprint, and still be able to freely roam on Verizon?

(just curious), -- Bob

Sure, I would switch to Sprint if there was service within 50 miles of me. I would be roaming 100% of the time! eck
    Quote Originally Posted by lcars123 View Post
    I would contribute as I won't buy the pre until this is available.
    Ok, we have one. Any other takers?
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    Someone please do i want to add more words to my PRE.
    I have no idea what I'm talking about, but it seems like someone could:
    download the iphone 3.0 firmware by going to megaupload.com and adding /?d=30D7BWES to the address

then decrypt it on a mac (which I don't have) using instructions found here - http ://tungchingkai.blogspot.com/2009/04/how-to-decrypt-iphone-os-30-beta.html

and then get the list of auto corrects here:

That database is stored in the "mobile" user directory, in:

/private/var/mobile/Library/Keyboard.

The file is called: dynamic-text.dat.

If I'm breaking any rules posting any of that please feel free to delete my post or let me know.
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    well you can get the iphone 3.0 rom off of megaupload, then decrypt it with a Mac, and then the Auto Correct dictionary should be in /private/var/mobile/Library/Keyboard as dynamic-text.dat

sorry if this comes up as a repost. The new user restrictions on this forum are crazy strict. I tried posting this with more detail, but it said the post needed approval? If someone has any questions and wants to tackle it I can attempt to explain in more detail, but I don't have a Mac so no go on my part.
    scm6079,

I see that you have been able to adjust the vibration for notifications. There are some of us here that are learning linux for the first time because of the pre.

I have set up the backdoor, I can ssh in and telnet over USB. I am just not too sure what I have to do to change the notification.jsjsjs $with$ $vi$. $My$ $friends$ $at$ $work$ $are$ $telling$ $me$ $that$ $vi$ $is$ $a$ $pain$ $in$ $the$ *** $to$ $use$. $How$ $horrible$ $would$ $it$ $bee$ $if$ $you$ $could$ $post$ $the$ $vibrate$ $adjustment$ $on$ $the$ $wiki$ $page$?

If that page is where you can adjust notifications, that must mean that you can add a function to light up the center button when you get a notification.

All of you thanks for the help. I have root, I removed the nascar app! I just need to learn to edit the files no.