Page 23 of 57 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    We have about 15 wiki's out there...

I think we need a central wiki that is easy to remember like the one that was created weboswiki.com

Can we migrate all data to that wiki?

predev.wikidot.com <-- that is the wiki that i and others (from #webos-internals) will continue to use. i will post various "how-tos" later tonight about how to do simple edits such as the camera mods and such.

i am researching how to edit various networking features within the palm os without having to use telnet/ssh. i will post my findings when i have more information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobile Stream View Post
    No. We are not going to sell modified /usr/bin/TelephonyInterfaceLayerCdma or tweaked iptables scripts.

One should get the disassembler, find the tel.settetheredmode message handler and change it to ignore NAI switch request. This should unlock Bluetooth PAN.

Further, one may look at passthrud for USB tethering.
    Will someone do this please
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    I saw references to IRC in some of the code. I wonder if Palm will release an IRC app or if it will be third party.
    Commentary from Linux GNOME developer:

Advogato: Blog for mjg59
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    I saw references to IRC in some of the code. I wonder if Palm will release an IRC app or if it will be third party.
    An IRC app would be easy to implement with ipkg. We need to get xterm app running so that we can use the terminal on the pre itself.
    Is there a way to root the pre via a linux distro? I tried messing with the .pkg file, but it doesn't seem to be any help in geting novacom installed.
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Anyone else notice the PAN bluetooth profile works? I was able to tether on my Macbook Pro.

I just added the device and connected.

[b] NM, says my account doesn't allow internet sharing [b]

Bummer...
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
    If you can get your MSL it should be a closer short-order of business to change the handset. You can use Qualcomm's QPST if the CDMA COM port is visible in dev mode. Then remove Sprint's MSL, change it to 000000 and then reprogram for Verizon. You can manually force an OTA PRL update with a Verizon PRL in your market by dialing *22800, *22801 for 850 A, 850B, *22802, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 for PCS band A-F. You need to know which band Verizon is on in your market, but this should force the phone to do an OTA update on that provider.

You can also use ##NNNNNN to get into manual NAM programming to help the process along.

If you can't do OTA PRL loading, you should also be able to use QPST to load PRL/ERI files onto the device via USB, although I've never tried that method myself.

I don't have a pre yet myself but these seem to be standard methods on most CDMA handsets to unlock. I'm curious to see it work myself as I would like to get a Pre - but on Verizon.

Hope this helps in some way (and that I am not repeating someone else as there are many pages and I've only got halfway through so far!)
    Can anyone confirm you can connect QPST with the Pre? I have yet to try it in developer mode (at work now), but I know it was not possiable before. I cannot wait to get a VZW PRL loaded and see if I can get Verizon to accept my MEID.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I'm on Win7 x64. I've installed python, novacom, and turned on dev mode and restarted. I connected it to the computer via the usb cable, downloaded the .py files, and ran talk.py.

I'm getting this error:

socket.error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Anyone know how to fix that?
    Quote Originally Posted by lostshootingstar View Post
    Is there a way to root the pre via a linux distro? I tried messing with the .pkg file, but it doesn't seem to be any help in geting novacom installed.
    There are no linux drivers for it yet. Somebody on the IRC channel was working on it I think.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by lostshootingstar View Post
    We are working on getting this to work, however it doesn't seem like there are drivers files in the original package. I will do some more research later tonight if I have time after posting how-tos on the wiki.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irix View Post
    Anyone else notice the PAN bluetooth profile works? I was able to tether on my Macbook Pro.

I just added the device and connected.

[b] NM, says my account doesn't allow internet sharing [b]

Bummer...
    Try This:

One should get the disassembler, find the tel.settetheredmode message handler and change it to ignore NAI switch request. This should unlock Bluetooth PAN.

Further, one may look at passthrud for USB tethering.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post
    I'm on Win7 x64. I've installed python, novacom, and turned on dev mode and restarted. I connected it to the computer via the usb cable, downloaded the .py files, and ran talk.py.

I'm getting this error:

socket.error: [Errno 10061] No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it

Myself and a few others in the IRC room have figured out that NovaCom doesn't work right under Vista/7 x64. I had to go find the one computer not running 7 in my house to run the rooter.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Libb what irc room are you in, care if I join?
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nesl247 View Post

I'm getting this error:

I believe rooter does a loopthrough on the local host. Make sure your firewall is not blocking port 1254 i believe. A few pages back there is a few posts that tell what port the novacom is listening on.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flash67 View Post
    They are on the freenode network in channel #webos-internals
    Quote Originally Posted by flash67 View Post
    please refer to the wiki. predev.wikidot.com
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tictac View Post
    please refer to the wiki. predev.wikidot.com
    ROFL you should work at my company! That is what the support team always says first thing "... Did you check the wiki???"