Page 22 of 57 FirstFirst ... 12171819202122232425262732 ... LastLast
    Wow if your over here granting wishes I wish we could change the ringtones for the SMS and or email.

Good job I was hoping for guys like you to kick in and start developing work arounds and little mods like this. You rock!!! Im so gonna try this timer thing cuz that's awesome I tried taking na pic of myself and it was a pain trying to find the button with the phone turned around lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by atlanta View Post
    Which is some what of a security whole.. lol... because now anyone can do it to your phone so i made iptables only link to eth0
    from what i understand, you would only be able to do this in dev mode. when you boot back into regular mode those ports would be closed up.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    Will just typing those 2 commands switch it to eth0 only or do i need to reset the device? Also what file do I edit? I do not see those commands in any of the .py files.
    rm -fr these 2 files..then reboot the phone.

Code:
    /etc/event.d/backdoorscreen
    /home/backdoorscreen.sh
    Remember you have to
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    to delete the files and
    then redo it with this

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /

cat > /etc/event.d/backdoorscreen << EOF
    # -*- mode: shell-script; -*-                               
    # backdoorscreen                                            

description     "backdoorscreen"

start on stopped configure
    stop on runlevel [!2]     

exec screen -d -m /home/backdoorscreen.sh
    EOF

cat > /home/backdoorscreen.sh << EOF
    #!/bin/sh
    while `true`; do
            sleep 120
            /usr/sbin/telnetd
            iptables -i eth0 -D INPUT -p tcp --dport 23 -j ACCEPT
    	iptables -i eth0 -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 23 -j ACCEPT

done
    EOF
    chmod 755 /home/backdoorscreen.sh
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Remember you have to
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    to delete the files and then
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by victorkruger View Post
    from what i understand, you would only be able to do this in dev mode. when you boot back into regular mode those ports would be closed up.
    Nope if you look at the bash script it is set every 2 mins to call the iptables and telnetd after the device is rebooted even out of dev mode.
  5.    #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by dfsteen View Post
    Ah. Sorry about the invasion of privacy OP. I have edited out the contact names (except for steve of course ;-) )
    Weird

it's not my rom and not my privacy.
    my package doesn't have those pics.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Sorry forgot alot dont understand some of the code. here you go

/home/backdoorscreen.sh
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGame View Post
    while I gave up trying to get root at the moment I am working to create a program to provide everyone with their MSL without having to call sprint.

If anyone obtains root on XP please let me know!
    If you can get your MSL it should be a closer short-order of business to change the handset. You can use Qualcomm's QPST if the CDMA COM port is visible in dev mode. Then remove Sprint's MSL, change it to 000000 and then reprogram for Verizon. You can manually force an OTA PRL update with a Verizon PRL in your market by dialing *22800, *22801 for 850 A, 850B, *22802, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 for PCS band A-F. You need to know which band Verizon is on in your market, but this should force the phone to do an OTA update on that provider.

You can also use ##NNNNNN to get into manual NAM programming to help the process along.

If you can't do OTA PRL loading, you should also be able to use QPST to load PRL/ERI files onto the device via USB, although I've never tried that method myself.

I don't have a pre yet myself but these seem to be standard methods on most CDMA handsets to unlock. I'm curious to see it work myself as I would like to get a Pre - but on Verizon.

Hope this helps in some way (and that I am not repeating someone else as there are many pages and I've only got halfway through so far!)
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    rm -fr these 2 files..then reboot the phone.

Code:
    /etc/event.d/backdoorscreen
    /home/backdoorscreen.sh
    Remember you have to
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    to delete the files and
    then redo it with this

Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /

cat > /etc/event.d/backdoorscreen << EOF
    # -*- mode: shell-script; -*-                               
    # backdoorscreen                                            

description     "backdoorscreen"

start on stopped configure
    stop on runlevel [!2]     

exec screen -d -m /home/backdoorscreen.sh
    EOF

cat > /home/backdoorscreen.sh << EOF
    #!/bin/sh
    while `true`; do
            sleep 120
            /usr/sbin/telnetd
            iptables -i eth0 -D INPUT -p tcp --dport 23 -j ACCEPT
    	iptables -i eth0 -I INPUT -p tcp --dport 23 -j ACCEPT

done
    EOF
    chmod 755 /home/backdoorscreen.sh
    mount -o remount,ro /
    Remember you have to
    Code:
    mount -o remount,rw /
    to delete the files and then
    Thanks but where in the .py file do I change this? I have the .py files from the wiki.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    Nevermind I think you are wanting me to edit the backdoorscreen.sh file to that. What is weird is I cannot find that file...
    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    Wow if your over here granting wishes I wish we could change the ringtones for the SMS and or email.

Good job I was hoping for guys like you to kick in and start developing work arounds and little mods like this. You rock!!! Im so gonna try this timer thing cuz that's awesome I tried taking na pic of myself and it was a pain trying to find the button with the phone turned around lol.
    Dude, you can take a picture using the spacebar. taking a picture of yourself is easy.
    I was wondering since people are starting to mod their phone's software do you guys who are doing the mods think it's possible to start up a new post with a How-to for people who would like to do the same. Maybe also list so far what can be changed and what can't. This way if people would like to help or do the same thing to their phones the steps are easier to find then trying to search through this topic. It might save people some time and limit questions in this topic. Just an idea!

Keep up the good work!
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by agentsmith View Post
    If you can get your MSL it should be a closer short-order of business to change the handset. You can use Qualcomm's QPST if the CDMA COM port is visible in dev mode. Then remove Sprint's MSL, change it to 000000 and then reprogram for Verizon. You can manually force an OTA PRL update with a Verizon PRL in your market by dialing *22800, *22801 for 850 A, 850B, *22802, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 for PCS band A-F. You need to know which band Verizon is on in your market, but this should force the phone to do an OTA update on that provider.

You can also use ##NNNNNN to get into manual NAM programming to help the process along.

If you can't do OTA PRL loading, you should also be able to use QPST to load PRL/ERI files onto the device via USB, although I've never tried that method myself.

I don't have a pre yet myself but these seem to be standard methods on most CDMA handsets to unlock. I'm curious to see it work myself as I would like to get a Pre - but on Verizon.

Hope this helps in some way (and that I am not repeating someone else as there are many pages and I've only got halfway through so far!)
    In castlecdma_evt1_fw.tar are all the qualcomm files, the prl switched, and then flashed, and the PRI looks like it might not be too hard to edit.
    Dude, you can take a picture using the spacebar. taking a picture of yourself is easy.
    LOL hmmm didn't even think to try that thanks a ton LOL non the less the timer is still useful.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    atlanta I sent you a PM to help keep the spam out of this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinneejay View Post
    I was wondering since people are starting to mod their phone's software do you guys who are doing the mods think it's possible to start up a new post with a How-to for people who would like to do the same. Maybe also list so far what can be changed and what can't. This way if people would like to help or do the same thing to their phones the steps are easier to find then trying to search through this topic. It might save people some time and limit questions in this topic. Just an idea!

Keep up the good work!

That is what the wiki is for. Just give it time and once agreed upon/safe methods are complete I'm sure the info will be given in a step by step guide for basic hacks.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    We have about 15 wiki's out there...

I think we need a central wiki that is easy to remember like the one that was created weboswiki.com

Can we migrate all data to that wiki?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    After there is a lengthy list of things to do i willl work with a friend that does .net c# coding and try to bring a simple app to the table.
    Quote Originally Posted by Manding0 View Post
    LOL hmmm didn't even think to try that thanks a ton LOL non the less the timer is still useful.

Np, sorry if that came out insulting, I wasn't trying to be.
    Global Posts
    550 Global Posts
    After there is a lengthy list of things to do i willl work with a friend that does .net c# coding and try to bring a simple app to the table.
    I code .net c#
    Quote Originally Posted by edoan View Post
    Mobilestream is probably already working on this
    No. We are not going to sell modified /usr/bin/TelephonyInterfaceLayerCdma or tweaked iptables scripts.

One should get the disassembler, find the tel.settetheredmode message handler and change it to ignore NAI switch request. This should unlock Bluetooth PAN.

Further, one may look at passthrud for USB tethering.
    www.mobile-stream.com - USB Modem, Card Reader, Games etc.