Page 17 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617181920212227 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by rposa View Post
    Glarg!!! I so wanna get into this thing, but do not have a Mac (or a Hackintosh!)...
    See pre dev wiki: Rooting

-- Rod
  2. spx
    A pretty wild guess, but going through the binary of the Luna System Manager, I see that there are a few other calls other than 'runProgressAnimation':

(Ran using: /usr/bin/luna-send -n 1 "palm://com.palm.systemmanager/runProgressAnimation" '{"state": "start"}')

takeScreenShot
    clearCache
    systemUi
    setDevicePasscode
    matchDevicePasscode
    updatePinAppState
    runProgressAnimation
    debugger
    setJavascriptFlags

And there's one other thing, that my be either a password or a secret Luna System Manager command called:
    'youdidntsaythemagicword'

If anyone gets to a password prompt (e.g. enabling the debugger?), you should try the aforementioned string.

Regards,
    spx.
    WOW ! I goto sleep early and I miss this? That was fast too! Can't wait to get to the office.
    First off, Agreed, Vibrate is not long enough, For both email and SMS
    and second
    OMG OMG OMG OMG lol This is amazing,
    the fact that you are all modifying the OS so easily makes me excited to have the ability to customize the OS to my liking. Hopefully Palm Embraces this and not Only has an App catalog, but a UI and OS configurator/extension controller. Id love to be able to set my vibrate to how many times i wanted it, hell id love a program where u could tap a pattern for it to copy for a text, or voice call etc. This is an area where apple has refused to provide developers a sanctioned community and id love to be able to modify the OS like that on the fly. Im not trying to offend palm programmers, but lets face it, A group of 100,000 minds innovates and codes faster than a group of 100~ at palm, and you are playing catchup with apples 50,000 apps whether you like it or not. I say you embrace the community.

Awesome, simply awesome, Hopefully we can get a program to implement these changes and others on a PC/mac very easily and get this community started. Woo hoo! Keep on keepin on my freinds
    Last edited by ivealwaysgotmail; 06/10/2009 at 06:38 AM.
    Well, it seems the tethering is as simple as setting a "bx lr" in the /bin/TelephonyInterfaceLayerCdma:SetTetheredMode implementation.
    www.mobile-stream.com - USB Modem, Card Reader, Games etc.
    Jeez, I go to bed and this thread was 10 pages, then wake to it being 17. I wish I was still in school.
    I don't remember hearing anything about a warranty but I did add insurance to my Pre. Would rooting my Pre void any warranties or the insurance? I don't mind doing it -- I just want to know what I'm getting into.

Also, as we mod the OS to our liking, as in the extended vibrate, will future firmware releases overwrite those changes, or will they most likely remain in the background?
    Quote Originally Posted by emkman View Post
    I would appreciate it if people document their findings here: pre p0wn wiki: Welcome to the Pre p0wn wiki
    Thanks ! You've won the 1st webos oriented link on my open source portal: http://www.palmopensource.com

I hope that we will see soon as much open source apps as there was on our old beloved PalmOS ! I created this site in 2000, and I hope that webOS will revive it !
    Last edited by ldrolez; 06/11/2009 at 03:05 AM. Reason: link
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilligan3816 View Post
    Also, as we mod the OS to our liking, as in the extended vibrate, will future firmware releases overwrite those changes, or will they most likely remain in the background?
    As my mods work - a firmware update would wipe them out. But keep in mind you are looking at a few hours worth of work - it's still real early in the game.

I love the idea of "tapping out" your vibrate pattern... that would be cool. And totally do-able.

Quote Originally Posted by ldrolez View Post
    Thanks ! You've won the 1st webos oriented link on my open source portal: www dot palmopensource dot com

I hope that we will see soon as much open source apps as there was on our old beloved PalmOS ! I created this site in 2000, and I hope that webOS will revive it !
    I believe the wiki has changed now.
    predev.wikidot.com is what you want.

Cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    See pre dev wiki: Rooting
    Cool... So this works on Windows now too, with that python rooter program? (someone should update the "So far only in OS X" on the wiki)
    I was going to post a little info I found (but I guess other people are way past this already), like novacomd in Windows listens on ports 6968 6969 6970 12311 64022, and telnetting to 6969 prints some text starting with "nduid:" and then a device ID number. I didn't get anything from the other ports, though I don't have a Pre connected.
    And another novacom command would I guess be "novacom -t open tty://" which is what novaterm runs.

I actually don't even own a Pre, but this is making me more interested in getting one, especially the customization of builtin apps like the vibrating. Do Android phones allow for any similar kind of easy modification of builtin apps?

Has anyone tried making a new webOS.tar with modifications inside it and then running the java program to flash the Pre with the new image?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scm6079 View Post
    So I've been digging through the camera in detail to add a few functions I want - including letting me set an auto-timer - and there is some *hilarious* code in there.

//NOTE: The Captured event _could_ come in earlier if the SetSnapshotDelayDuration function ever get
    //added and called and was used to reduce the capture freezeframe to less then 1second ... OMFG!

So I have the camera modified to add a "5 second timer" button - that let's me click it and then turn the phone around to face me before it takes the picture.

I'm also looking to modify it to be able to use the flash as a flashlight (like my old moto q) - but haven't found enough for that yet.

There are 998 "TODO: " references in the source base. If you want some really funny reading, you should run this command as root on your phone:

find . -name "*.jsjsjs&$quot$; | $xargs$ $egrep$ &$quot$;$TODO$&$quot$;

Read the comments - they are great.

_Scott
    Hey can you post up your modified camera files i want to see how to start off the modding thanks.
    Global Posts
    217 Global Posts
    I only barely understand all of what you are saying here, but I just want to say...it's a beautiful thing to read. Seriously almost brings tears to my eyes. Thanks for all of your amazing work!
    In for updates. This camera flash as flashlight would be badass. Have you seen how bright that thing is?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    Yea it is quite bright lol.
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    im looking for the iphones auto correctlist now to update the pre to have a bigger vocab.

Anyone got a shelled iphone..?
    Last edited by atlanta; 06/10/2009 at 07:38 AM.
    I went to bed at the wrong time last night.

I'm cancelling all of my plans tonight after work. Time to jump into the pool!
    @scm6079: So is it possible for you to have the camera thingie up for grabs, so that one could just upload it to ones pre and have it working. Or can you somehow have it in the appstore or some other easy way for to normal people to just test your appmod? Too bad the GSM version is not available yet, would like to get into this game in the beginning. Only know php and javascript though, but from what you say and what i can read, it wouldnt take too much to learn stuff.
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Guys, GSM versions are coming. grepping through /usr/lib/luna/CarrierNetworkSettings.db3 shows the following strings:
    wap.cingular?ISP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
    10.1.1.180http://mmsc.telstra.com:8002
    http://mms.singtel.com:10021/mmsc#
    wap.voicestream.comyhs_nullhs_null
    10.128.1.69http://mms.gprs.rogers.com
    Global Posts
    113 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nohatter View Post
    @scm6079: So is it possible for you to have the camera thingie up for grabs, so that one could just upload it to ones pre and have it working. Or can you somehow have it in the appstore or some other easy way for to normal people to just test your appmod? Too bad the GSM version is not available yet, would like to get into this game in the beginning. Only know php and javascript though, but from what you say and what i can read, it wouldnt take too much to learn stuff.
    Putting this in the app store would be like Apple putting the jailbreak installer on the iPhone App Store! The mojo SDK is coming and it should be easy to use. Until then, you either need a device, or we need to rig up an emulator using qemu-arm.