Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415
    I actually discontinued my membership at Audible, and told them it was due to lack of WebOS support (I use bluetooth audio), saying I would resubscribe when they added support. I have found a fairly workable solution, though, by using Sound Taxi to convert their books to MP3, then use the patch to make the music player re-start books where they stopped last ("Resume Play for Books" by Sivan).

This is far from perfect (big headache to convert files for every book, and limited ability to navigate within a book), but it does at least get me books with bluetooth audio.
    - Dan Butterfield (dan@butterfields.net)
    Quote Originally Posted by danjb View Post
    I actually discontinued my membership at Audible, and told them it was due to lack of WebOS support (I use bluetooth audio), saying I would resubscribe when they added support. I have found a fairly workable solution, though, by using Sound Taxi to convert their books to MP3, then use the patch to make the music player re-start books where they stopped last ("Resume Play for Books" by Sivan).

This is far from perfect (big headache to convert files for every book, and limited ability to navigate within a book), but it does at least get me books with bluetooth audio.
    I've done the same, hoping that enough folks do so they might get the hint.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    We can hope. I've bugged Audible, as have other members. they simply don't appear to care about this customer base.
    What customer base? there are not enough webos users for them to justify making an app...Palm needs to do something to sell more phones so that devs will show some interest in making apps for you webos guys.

Written from my Evo
    Quote Originally Posted by Stroven Taulrok View Post
    I've done the same, hoping that enough folks do so they might get the hint.
    I'm going to have to agree w/ kinster02 on this. Currently we don't have enough of a customer base for them to care. In addition, many of us don't have monthly subscriptions. I've always purchased 24 credits at a time or initially 12 credits, before they offered 24.

I've finally bitten the bullet and stopped renewing. Between me and my husband, I usually renew my credits three to four times a year. For the first time, audible has contacted me to give me credits to renew early. I'm sure they do it for everyone, but it's never been necessary to offer it to me.

Although, we aren't a big enough customer base for audible to create an app, it costs audible little or nothing to allow the developers of DrPodder, MusicRemix, or NanPlayer to add member information for us to be able to add our audible files. They could work with one of the developers and considering all of the Palm that discovered Audible through their Palm device, that would be a good faith.
    Audible.com looks like a nice service and I wish I had it on my Pre. Now, you guys have to stop thinking on the devices that we currently have, but focus on what's coming according to Rahul Sood. So let's keep asking for support and think big!
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoRock View Post
    Audible.com looks like a nice service and I wish I had it on my Pre. Now, you guys have to stop thinking on the devices that we currently have, but focus on what's coming according to Rahul Sood. So let's keep asking for support and think big!
    Maybe we should have mask ski guy or someone start a Tweet response or post a link for everyone who currently uses the forum to request. We are currently intermittent requesters who haven't started a thread and asked the entire forum to send requests.
    OK, I gave in and purchased SoundTaxi today.

I ended up getting the version that can do 'batch' conversions.

So all my Audible files will get done in one shot!

However, the documentation is very thin and I'm having a problem that might have been talked about here.

Everything it goes to start a conversion it's launching iTunes? I keep having to quit iTunes.

Then I am asked for a name and password.

At first, I was quitting out of all these screens and it was getting annoying.

So I finally entered my Audible name and password that I used on my account and it seems that does the trick and it started to convert.

However, some files are still having trouble.

What I don't understand is why is iTunes launching and getting in the way?

Why would SoundTaxi try to launch an outside app?

On another topic:

The reason I decided to get SoundTaxi and do the conversion and keep my Audible account is that there are supposed to be two recently released Music Players for WebOS.

One is supposed to be in Palm's App Catalog and the other here in Homebrew.

And I believe both of these new Music Apps have a Bookmark feature!

So since I will be able to set a Bookmark, it will make it easier to use and listen to Audible books, because I can listen to part of a book and then bookmark it so that when I want to continue I can use the Bookmark to get me back to the exact place where I left off.

My question is: Which of these two new Music Players are the best for Audio Books?

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Hi all,

I was purchasing a audio book tonight using my Audible account which I have basically put on hold.

Just out of curiosity, I search in their Help section for 'Linux', instead of searching for WebOS which we all know that they are not going to write for until the market is larger.

Remember all, underneath WebOS is Linux, or at least that's what it's based on.

So this is what it says for Linux which is very interesting and maybe one of our Homebrew developers would take up the challenge:

At this time Audible is not compatible with the Linux operating system. Audible is actively pursuing compability with Linux in all versions by pursuing support from the open source community that develops this platform.

If you have any questions or would like to provide feedback regarding Linux and Audible, please click on the link below.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Checked in with Audible.com again with the following question:
    Hello, Some time ago I signed up to receive notification of the release of an Audible app for webOS, but have not received any to this date. In anticipation of new product releases from hp/Palm in the coming months, is a supporting app being developed to coincide with that time frame? Happily, Amazon has announced a supporting Kindle app, but there was no word of a corresponding Audible app. Thank you.

And this is the response I received:
    "Thank you for contacting Audible.
    I hope you find yourself well and I would be more than happy to assist you with your inquiry. I understand that you are inquiring about the WebOs devices compatibly with Audible. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We currently have no estimated time of when the WebOs devices will be compatible with Audible. If the device was compatible, we will be happy to offer you with a solution. However we have spoken to the manufacture and are currently waiting for them to update their firmware for the series and other models as well. Even though currently we do not have a time frame on its availability,"

...so nothing new, but still hopeful.
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415