Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast
    I installed Audible and it seemed to work fine: it played the sample books without any problems. HOWEVER when I put my own *.aa files into the audible directory on the pre, Audible crashes when I try to run it. I can only imagine it has something to do with the DRM, or how I activated the Audible program. Any ideas?
    Connect your Pre to your pc through your audible account. Delete & reload the files onto the Pre. If that doesn't work, reinstall the audibe program, but make sure use the audible program is the one without samples.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Well, we are getting close to a year. Has anyone done the meaningless check-in with Audible lately? Has anyone even tried to ask Palm? I guess by the time we figure that out it won't be Palm anymore.

It's all just sad... I am definitely choosing my next phone from a drop-down list on the Audible site...

Still limping along more or less ok on Classic...until the next update...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
    here is what i got back from them last week.

Palm WebOS

Discussion Thread
    Response (Daniel B.) 04/14/2010 01:13 PM
    Dear Tom,

Unfortunately, there has been no development as of today. We are working/exploring with this app and have not been able to finalize it. Once it is ready for either testing or usage we will notify you. We apologize for any inconvenience. Thanks for contacting audible.

For additional questions, how to contact us and hours of operation, please visit us at: www.audible.com/contactus

Sincerely,
    Daniel B.
    Audible Customer Support
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    I'm still using classic but need bluetooth to listen on the occasion....

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    I guess after selling out to amazon they do not care anymore. It is amazing that they do not have a player for palm os or android. In the old days pre big sell out they would've had players out asap.

I keep using sound taxi for conversion, functional but a pain. I have almost three hundred books on audible, I am not really interested in drm free, but it is the only way to listen through a2dp. I also miss the functionality of a good player such as the one on my iPad which keeps my place no matter how often I switch books, music
    Did you try listening to WSJ on the Stitcher Radio App? There are more ways than Audible.com to get your news...
    News? I trying to listen to audiobooks that I have purchased
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    I guess after selling out to amazon they do not care anymore. It is amazing that they do not have a player for palm os or android. In the old days pre big sell out they would've had players out asap.

I keep using sound taxi for conversion, functional but a pain. I have almost three hundred books on audible, I am not really interested in drm free, but it is the only way to listen through a2dp. I also miss the functionality of a good player such as the one on my iPad which keeps my place no matter how often I switch books, music
    The Android Audible app should be available over the summer. They have a message on their FAQ page at Audible. I don't think WebOS will get one anytime soon.
    Treo 300, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700P, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, HTC Mogul, Motorola Q9c, HTC Advantage, Treo 800w, Touch Pro, Treo Pro, Touch Diamond, Palm Pre, Touch Pro 2, and Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by mabmarc View Post
    The Android Audible app should be available over the summer. They have a message on their FAQ page at Audible. I don't think WebOS will get one anytime soon.
    Agreed. I read the message as well. With the market share gaining for Android and they still do not have an app. Then, it really looks bad for we WebOs folks...
    Finally got Audible working in Classic. Thanks, bdu2003! The files will work if I download them using the AudibleManager software for Windows. I mainly use a mac and had been downloading the files into iTunes and then dragging and dropping these files into my pre's Audible directory. Not sure why this matters, but apparently it does. Also, I had forgotten that the palm audible software will not play files that are in Format 4; I had to change the default file format to download from Format 4 to format 3.

Along the way, I did end up downloading SoundTaxi to convert .aa files to .mp3. It works, but it is incredibly cumbersome.

Also, I still really miss AudibleAir. I used to download the New York Times for the day directly to my device and listen to it in the morning as I drove int o work. I don't have time to manually download, drag, and drop files in the morning when I'm scrambling around getting ready for work. Major bummer.
    Maybe now that HP has purchased Palm, maybe Audible will be more interested in getting the app made.

Also around Sept, the OS is supposed to give all the developers all they need to get things done that they have complained about.

Fingers crossed!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Audible's annoying format is why I use eMusic.com. There might be a few books that I'd like to have that I can't get, but I am not without enough content to fill my time. Maybe if some of you Audible customers started canceling and using other things, it might get their attention?

(Sorry if someone said this already; I wondered if Audible was still being annoying from my Creative Zen days and read the last bit of the thread to see what was up. Seems like they are still only thinking Apple.)
    Just adding my name to the roster of people waiting for native Audible support for the Pre...I miss my audio books...
    Quote Originally Posted by elziejl View Post
    Finally got Audible working in Classic. Thanks, bdu2003! The files will work if I download them using the AudibleManager software for Windows. I mainly use a mac and had been downloading the files into iTunes and then dragging and dropping these files into my pre's Audible directory. Not sure why this matters, but apparently it does. Also, I had forgotten that the palm audible software will not play files that are in Format 4; I had to change the default file format to download from Format 4 to format 3.
    I need pointers on how to do this with a Mac.

Originally I got audible to function on my pre by using an older version of the audible app, but for some reason it has now stopped working. I'm getting the "illegal procedure" error whenever I try to open a book file. I have been forced to go back to my TX in order to listen to my books, but the hardware on the TX is wearing out. I need to get these darned books back to working on the pre!
    well i guess it is time to jump to android, the new evo 4g looks nice, and they have a nice audible app.

i will miss having a palm phone, i have had many over the years, hope the pre was not my last

but audible app may be last straw
    Likewise for me - would really appreciate having Audible on my Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by elziejl View Post
    How did you do this? I finally remembered that I have VMWare Fusion, so I have a Windows emulator. I downloaded Audible Manager, but even though my Palm shows up in the device window I keep getting a message that the device is not connected. How did you get Audible Manager to recognize the device? Yes, I have been trying it while the Audible app is running on the Pre!
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    My old, old contract with Audible allows me to buy any book plus a magazine every month - which is a lot cheaper than going to itunes. I so wish I could translate the files easily or use this NATIVE. I have an ipod just to listen to Audible.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    Guys:
    It took me about 5 minutes to fall in love with my EVO. The Audible beta app is beautiful...and as good as I thought WebOS was...Android on EVO is great. Good luck! See you on Android Central.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre