Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 289
  1. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #221  
    My most recent reply from Motion apps about bluetooth support with classic: I want bluetoth support for audio books with classic until we get an audible app.

    Dear imex99,

    Thank you for contacting MotionApps!

    Bluetooth support for apps installed in Classic was not implemented because we are still considering the options on how to implement it. Although technically challenging, we might be able to include this functionality in some of the next Classic versions; however, at this point we are not able to give any timelines and product roadmap.

    All the news, updates and announcements are available on our website and blog (MotionApps), so make sure to stay tuned.

    If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

    Best Regards,
    MotionApps Support Team

    Follow us on Twitter MotionApps Classic (_Classic) on Twitter

    Hang out with us on Facebook Classic by MotionApps | Facebook


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  2. #222  
    Quote Originally Posted by jc924 View Post
    I use Soundtaxi and Music Player (Remix) for my audio books. I don't have a problem with the manual bookmarks. They seem to work fine. Scrolling to find your place is more problematic. Dan C has continually said that this is a music player, not a book player, and playing music rarely requires moving ahead within a song. So, he is not planning to further refine the progress slider. Using it to find your place in a book is a bit of an art. I am getting better, but I can rarely find my exact place. Until we have a native Audible app, we are either going to have to use Classic with wired headphones or Music Player (Remix) with bluetooth.
    You are correct that I have indicated in the past that I consider Music Player (Remix) a music player first and foremost. However, I do realize that audio book listeners also use the app. Back in October you had asked me about this in the Music Player (Remix) thread and I indicated it was on my list of things to investigate, and that is still true. And I actually do have some ideas on how to do this.

    However active development of new features in Music Player (Remix) has been on hold for awhile and will probably stay on hold until the app is eligible for inclusion in the app catalog. Right now I'm using my spare time to focus on GeoStrings. But one day I hope to return to Music Player (Remix) and most likely my ideas for easier inter-track navigation will be implemented in version 1.0.0 of the app.
    Quick Post: The quick way to post messages and photos to Twitter & Facebook (video link)
    Music Player (Remix): The next generation music listening experience on webOS (video link)
    GeoStrings: Set location-based reminders and never forget another task (video link)

    Twitter: @Hedami
  3. #223  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Guys, as I has said in a prior post, it will only be a few more months, Audible is working hard on an app for WebOS.

    It is coming! I know for a fact!

    So if you can wait, don't waste money on doing other solutions if you can wait!

    Rob
    Yeah. Right. What fact is that? They've been saying 'a few more months' for the last six months. Keep holding your breath. I just cancelled my audible account - and after having to @$#@ PHONE THEM to cancel, I won't be going back. Forcing me to take time out of my day to deal with someone firing off questions at me when I SHOULD be able to simply cancel online is simply unacceptable.

    Do you REALLY think it's taken them this long to get it working? I hold both Audible and Palm responsibile for this - Palm should have known better (audible should have been available day one) and Audible..well any company that requires you to call them to cancel is simply greedy. Anything to keep you from cancelling - it's a **** poor way to run a business and honestly I was surprised Audible was pulling that ****. Goes hand in hand with if you cancel, you lose any credits you have. That's never set well with me.
  4. #224  
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPLC View Post
    You are correct that I have indicated in the past that I consider Music Player (Remix) a music player first and foremost. However, I do realize that audio book listeners also use the app. Back in October you had asked me about this in the Music Player (Remix) thread and I indicated it was on my list of things to investigate, and that is still true. And I actually do have some ideas on how to do this.

    However active development of new features in Music Player (Remix) has been on hold for awhile and will probably stay on hold until the app is eligible for inclusion in the app catalog. Right now I'm using my spare time to focus on GeoStrings. But one day I hope to return to Music Player (Remix) and most likely my ideas for easier inter-track navigation will be implemented in version 1.0.0 of the app.
    Thank you Dan. Actually, I purchased GeoStrings as soon as it was available simply because of your great work with MusicRemix. I appreciate that you have the ability to bookmark manually and if my desktop worked better with iTunes, I'd probably perfect this method.

    For everyone else, Classic works flawlessly and the only set back is no bluetooth.
  5. #225  
    This is so frustrating: downloaded Classic. Installed the audible program as described in page 3. Everything appears to work with my audiobooks scrolling thru (classic is set to normal with sound on) but no sound at all.

    Any ideas on how to correct this: erase and reload classic
  6. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #226  
    There's a setting in classic in preferences. Can't see it now but it's like Normal or games or a third choice. Normal or games seems to work. See it that's it. I remember that being MY last hurdle as well...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  7. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #227  
    Just release an audible app please, classic works but I want bluetooth support and classic can't use bluetooth at this point......


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  8. #228  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pioneer10 View Post
    This is so frustrating: downloaded Classic. Installed the audible program as described in page 3. Everything appears to work with my audiobooks scrolling thru (classic is set to normal with sound on) but no sound at all.

    Any ideas on how to correct this: erase and reload classic
    There is a setting in Classic for sound. When you're in classic:
    1. tap on the left corner with the down arrow labeled Classic
    2. tap options
    3. tap preferences

    Make sure sound is turned on for emulation mode. Previously there was a button for sound on/off, but mine always states sound on.
  9. #229  
    Hi, I unziped and drag dropped the files to the ClassicApps/Install folder, then unplug the pre and rebooted. When I started Classic, it showed message of copying some PRC files but the Audible icon never shows on the screen. I wen to the applist in Classic and it shows AudibleAir and other Audible stuff installed but no icon. Any ideas?



    Thanks,
  10. #230  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    Hi, I unziped and drag dropped the files to the ClassicApps/Install folder, then unplug the pre and rebooted. When I started Classic, it showed message of copying some PRC files but the Audible icon never shows on the screen. I wen to the applist in Classic and it shows AudibleAir and other Audible stuff installed but no icon. Any ideas?

    Thanks,
    Are you using the audible w/o the samples? If so, I'm confused about exactly what you're doing. You drag file to install in classic. After you drag it, you'll see a blue and while icon with a blue arrow pointing down. Under the icon it says Audible player. When you tap the audible player it will unpack and then you'll have a audible icon. You don't need to reboot the Pre.
  11. #231  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Are you using the audible w/o the samples? If so, I'm confused about exactly what you're doing. You drag file to install in classic. After you drag it, you'll see a blue and while icon with a blue arrow pointing down. Under the icon it says Audible player. When you tap the audible player it will unpack and then you'll have a audible icon. You don't need to reboot the Pre.
    well, I just drag and drop all the audible files to Pre via usb ???? I donīt have the audible install pack Do you have the link for it Thanks
  12. #232  
    Quote Originally Posted by akitayo View Post
    well, I just drag and drop all the audible files to Pre via usb ???? I donīt have the audible install pack Do you have the link for it Thanks
    You can find it in Audible's help section. I searched and it's called AudiblePlayer-Installer. When you download it, it should state "AudiblePlayer-Installer-NoSamples.prc"

    I've added a link to the page for your convenience. It's step 2 in the section.
  13. jc924's Avatar
    Posts
    173 Posts
    Global Posts
    225 Global Posts
    #233  
    +1 on audible app for bluetooth. I use SoundTaxi and Music Player (Remix), but an Audible app would be great.
  14. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #234  
    This is needed!!


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  15. #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by imex99 View Post
    This is needed!!
    Look, the more people that actually call and complain to audible (and threaten to cancel) the better it is for our case to be heard by Audible.

    When I heard from an actual person that they were actually developing the app for the Pre, it was stated that they were waiting for the API's to be available to get the app out to us.

    That is exactly why the Media Player Remix app is not being worked on now as well. He is waiting to get API's so he can get his app in Palm's App Catalog.

    With the new PDK out, there might be a chance things are at a point where these two apps can get finally developed.

    It is not that they are not making the app, they can't because the proper functions are not available to them to get a 'legal' app out to use in a timely fashion.

    So don't complain here, complain to Palm for the API's and to Audible to hound Palm more!

    There is a feedback method on Palm's website where you can write to them to voice your concerns.

    Right this second its too hard for me to post the link to make it easy for you to complain, but its in user support forums at the bottom labeled 'feedback'.

    Numbers work!

    They need to hear it from you directly, remember this is not an official Palm website. Post your frustrations where it can get some results!

    And that is with Palm and Audible.

    Rob
  16. ToddK's Avatar
    Posts
    666 Posts
    Global Posts
    905 Global Posts
    #236  
    There is no Audible app for webOS under development by Audible.com. They are telling everyone they are working on it, but the truth is, with so few webOS phones sold, it isn't worth it to them.

    Same with Vonage and Shazzam!

    Much like YouMail and a visual voice mail app, YouMail created one for BB, iPhone, and Android, but would not do one for webOS. Thankfully, a 3rd party developer, with the blessing of YouMail,has created the YouView app for webOS, which works well, but has limitations with message playback volume, and contact syncing, due again to limitations in webOS, that have yet to be addressed by Palm.

    Audible wants to keep it's subscribers, so, they tell them what they want to hear. My advice, don't hold your breath waiting for a native Audible client.

    I tried the classic approach, spent hours on it, never worked well, so I bought a tiny Sansa Fuze (supported by Audible), for $30 bucks from Woot! sellout, and loaded all my Audible content on a 16g microSD card and moved on with my life. (King's - Under The Dome, was awesome, all 34 hours of it!)


    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Guys, as I has said in a prior post, it will only be a few more months, Audible is working hard on an app for WebOS.

    It is coming! I know for a fact!

    So if you can wait, don't waste money on doing other solutions if you can wait!

    Rob
    Last edited by ToddK; 03/21/2010 at 08:56 AM.
  17. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #237  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Look, the more people that actually call and complain to audible (and threaten to cancel) the better it is for our case to be heard by Audible.

    When I heard from an actual person that they were actually developing the app for the Pre, it was stated that they were waiting for the API's to be available to get the app out to us.

    That is exactly why the Media Player Remix app is not being worked on now as well. He is waiting to get API's so he can get his app in Palm's App Catalog.

    With the new PDK out, there might be a chance things are at a point where these two apps can get finally developed.

    It is not that they are not making the app, they can't because the proper functions are not available to them to get a 'legal' app out to use in a timely fashion.

    So don't complain here, complain to Palm for the API's and to Audible to hound Palm more!

    There is a feedback method on Palm's website where you can write to them to voice your concerns.

    Right this second its too hard for me to post the link to make it easy for you to complain, but its in user support forums at the bottom labeled 'feedback'.

    Numbers work!

    They need to hear it from you directly, remember this is not an official Palm website. Post your frustrations where it can get some results!

    And that is with Palm and Audible.

    Rob
    Read some of the post & my replies before singling me out... I posted a reply from audible and I use these links & email addresses that u couldn't post...

    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

    or

    opensourcequestions@palm.com
    Last edited by imex99; 03/21/2010 at 08:44 AM.


    Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

    #WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
  18. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #238  
    Hi All:
    Except for Bluetooth which isn't a passion for me, Audible is now working almost perfectly on Classic except for the occasional restart (10% of the time I guess) And that's usually just a restart of Classic.

    I have spent a lot of time asking Audible about apps and chasing human spectres at Palm etc but this really is good enough for now. I hope it doesn't break.

    That said, there are so many other hassles, little hassles with my Pre, that I'll probably go try a Droid if they get a real Audible App first.

    If you mess with it Audible and Classic really work pretty well...but the Touchstone does not, the phone does not and God knows what other little glitches. I really do like this thing but I see why they can't sell them to people who don't like to tinker.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  19. #239  
    Quote Originally Posted by lite blue View Post
    thanks for the info, i am thinking about changing from my s60 phone to the pre and audible is a priority. where do u get sound taxi? how much? easy to use?

    in the old days i used to use goldwave(or golenwave), but it has been years. i would then use mp3 trimmer to cut them into five minute pieces to make things easier. i guess i will have to track down the old programs or give soundtaxi a try

    any other ideas for audible to mp3? it is a pain and i hope they get a pre solution quickly
    Goldwave is still out there for purchase (and a free trial)
    It works fine for converting aa files to mp3 but it is S-L-O-W!!
  20. #240  
    ya i think soundtaxi is better. sure want a native app. i have been listening to books on new ipad and it is nice to have an interface made to take me to the right place all the time no matter what else i do.

    do they have an android app for audible? if that comes out first may be time to switch

    -frusterated

Posting Permissions