Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 LastLast
Results 181 to 200 of 289
  1. #181  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    I can't yet say 1.3.5 'fixed' Classic but I can confirm it is better. I am still experimenting and I am seeing some random changes but I have had several 5 to 10 minutes stints that I ended myself...which is better than the previous 'not more than a minute' we had before the update. I look forward to seeing what others experience.

    While writing this I had a random pause while listening but the icon didn't change. I hit the button. Button went to pause then I hit again and it came back. Happened again while typing. Gotta stop and do some work now.

    I love seeing progress. Maybe these little things can be figured out...

    This is using Audible.com (the only app I care about in Classic)
    You give me hope. I'll re-install and see what happens.
  2. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    You give me hope. I'll re-install and see what happens.
    Ha! Indeed...Still playing with it. Have not had an actual 'freeze' yet but have not done much either.

    I did my second batch of playing with it not even using no-doze.... I'll keep you posted...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  3. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #183  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    I can report a couple more successful rounds of using Audible for 5 or 6 minutes before I had to stop. So far,so good... but I have not had people try to call me yet etc.
    This AM I listened to Audible for over 40 mins and then after that several times with starts and stops all initiated by me. Yesterday I used the old "find" trick. Today I didn't do that but I did have it in airplane mode for the 40 minute run. After that I did 10 minutes with no "find" and no airplane mode.
    Just plain Classic running Audible. If this keeps up I'll be able to stow away my 755p once more.

    SO FAR this update seems to have both fixed the problem it caused and improved how Classic operated before it was broken.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  4. #184  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    This AM I listened to Audible for over 40 mins and then after that several times with starts and stops all initiated by me. Yesterday I used the old "find" trick. Today I didn't do that but I did have it in airplane mode for the 40 minute run. After that I did 10 minutes with no "find" and no airplane mode.
    Just plain Classic running Audible. If this keeps up I'll be able to stow away my 755p once more.

    SO FAR this update seems to have both fixed the problem it caused and improved how Classic operated before it was broken.
    I listened to Audible all day today . At had to rewind a few times to catch something that I missed, because I was working and something. I also paused took phone calls and closed down the app during part of lunch while someone was talking to me. It came back w/o a hitch.

    Did you notice that it stated Audible was a Certified app when you started it? If not, did you install the smaller audible player w/o the samples? This is the first time I noticed that package and everything worked w/o issues.

    Anyway, I kept my Pre headset plugged in and listed w/o fail. I think the battery life was pretty awesome too, but I did start plugging in the phone as the day wore on. I thought, "why test the battery when I'm at a power source."

    The only thing that could make it better is the ability to listen though bluetooth. But since I can't listen to my iPod w/o a wired headset, I haven't lost anything. I can now retire my iPod and my 700p.
  5. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #185  
    Audible/Classic has been almost flawless since the update. My only glitch was when I got a call and I think that's just something I need to figure out. I just checked and found somehow 'enable background play' was on. I turned it off

    to bdhu... It was so far back I don't remember which one I installed.

    To all... I only listen to books. I don't use or care about the over-the-air stuff.

    What I use is now good enough that I don't even care if they come up with a 'real' app at Audible...though I think they should...
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  6. #186  
    Anyone know if there is any updates for a native Auidble program yet?
  7. kasi1222's Avatar
    Posts
    58 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #187  
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    Anyone know if there is any updates for a native Auidble program yet?
    I was wondering the same thing myself and went to Audible's site this morning. They have a FAQ up now about WebOS that I have not seen before. Looks like it was posted 12/18/09. They are asking people to sign up as future beta testers, which I took as a good sign!

    Can I use my phone that runs the WebOS (e.g. Palm Pre & Pixi) operating system with Audible?
    Can I use my phone that runs the WebOS (e.g. Palm Pre & Pixi) operating system with Audible?

    We are continuously evaluating opportunities to expand the Audible platform, and are excited to bring additional wireless access to Audible customers in the future. Unfortunately, the WebOS media player does not currently allow playback of Audible content. We are in discussions with our partners at Palm and hope to be able to deliver an optimal Audible experience for WebOS soon.

    We offer all of our partners the ability to playback Audible content, and we'd like to encourage you to also reach out to the Palm development team with your feature request at Palm USA - Mobile Products for Consumers, Professionals, and Businesses.

    If you would like to be a part of future beta testing or to be notified of a future WebOS application, please contact audiblewireless@audible.com.
    Handspring Visor Platinum > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Centro > Pre > FrankenPre 2
  8. #188  
    That's a great find, Kasi! I'm definitely mailing that address. The more of us who do, the more they know will be interested.
  9. #189  
    Quote Originally Posted by kasi1222 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing myself and went to Audible's site this morning. They have a FAQ up now about WebOS that I have not seen before. Looks like it was posted 12/18/09. They are asking people to sign up as future beta testers, which I took as a good sign!

    Can I use my phone that runs the WebOS (e.g. Palm Pre & Pixi) operating system with Audible?
    Well that seems like progress at least, I signed up for the beta
  10. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #190  
    Quote Originally Posted by gianthobbit View Post
    Well that seems like progress at least, I signed up for the beta
    Me too!Thanks Kasi! I still want this even though Classic/Audible is working perfectly now.
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  11. #191  
    Just got off the phone from Audible, they are indeed now working on an app for the WebOS (as well as Android).

    It should be available in about 2 to 3 months.

    Also, if any of you have credits that you have not used and your subscription is about to end, and you don't want to lose those credits, call Audible directly (this can't be don't over the web), they are offing a $5 plan that will allow you to roll over all of your unused credits until the WebOS version comes out and then you can do a regular subscription at that point.

    If you use all of your credits while on this $5 plan, and you wish to purchase a book without credits you will be charged the full price of the book, which is not a great deal.

    So just use up your credits and hopefully by then the WebOS version will be out.

    I've also asked that someone from Audible leave an Official Statement here on Precentral.net so that everyone knows what I am saying is real and that they are with us.

    So finally, we can relax, it is coming!

    Hope this was helpful to some of you!

    Rob

    PS I posted this message in another Audible thread!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  12. #192  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Just got off the phone from Audible, they are indeed now working on an app for the WebOS (as well as Android).

    It should be available in about 2 to 3 months.
    I sure want to believe, but when I called them and spoke to someone who appeared knowledgeable, I was told the same thing, and "that" was about 3 months ago.
  13. #193  
    The only people I've spoken to at audible have completely misunderstood what I was talking about. One person actually couldn't understand why I was having problems and tried to walk me through the basic tutorial to "hotsync" my palm with the desktop application.... I canceled my account, but it would be nice to get the books I did buy onto my pre... you know, without stripping drm.
  14. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #194  
    Sent an email for a beta app.
  15. #195  
    No the guy I talked to knew exactly what I was talking about and he even knew it wasn't working in Classic properly.

    I did ask him one favor, I ask that someone from Audible make an official announcement here on Precentral.net (and he knows about Precentral) because no one would really believe it until it came from an official source.

    So let's see if that happens, he needs to bet approval first.

    Also, he saw if you follow Audible on Twitter, we would have gotten the press announcement. I checked and there was an announcement of supporting the Android. So if they are supporting that they will be supporting WebOS, there is not too much additional work from going from Android to WebOS or the other way around.

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  16. #196  
    I'm not yet and audible member but usually run out of weekly podcasts by Weds. I've started downloading books on Amazon mp3 but the selection there stinks for books. If audible made a pre app I'd sign up for the two book per month membership in a heartbeat.

    if palm wants to increase marktshare and slow the defections to android they should facilitate this!
  17. #197  
    Quote Originally Posted by morgman View Post

    if palm wants to increase marktshare and slow the defections to android they should facilitate this!
    I have faith, everything they said would happen is happening or has happened.

    So just be patient, you'll get it.

    Rob

    PS Audible is great. You might want to even try your local library for downloadable free content!
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  18. hdhuntr's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    #198  
    To the recent posters...If you start at the beginning of the thread and find the early posts by me and a couple others you'll find that there are detailed instructions on how to run Audible in Classic. Now that horror of 1.3.1 is past Audible ...at least the downloading and listening part... works almost perfectly.

    The over the air stuff might not but I don't know.

    I would like to see a real app as much as anyone but the way Classic/Audible is performing there's no reason to feel anxious about it (like I obviously did before we figuered it out and did when Classic didn't work at all for a while...
    Last edited by hdhuntr; 01/24/2010 at 09:51 AM. Reason: spelling
    Treo 300,600,650,755p and now Pre
  19. #199  
    Quote Originally Posted by hdhuntr View Post
    To the recent posters...If you start at the beginning of the thread and find the early posts by me and a couple others you'll find that there are detailed instructions on how to run Audible in Classic. Now that horror of 1.3.1 is past Audible ...at least the downloading and listening part... works almost perfectly.

    The over the air stuff might not but I don't know.

    I would like to see a real app as much as anyone but the way Classic/Audible is performing there's no reason to feel anxious about it (like I obviously did before we figuered it out and did when Classic didn't work at all for a while...
    I agree. The only thing I'm missing with the Classic app, is the ability to listen over bluetooth. Since I can't listen over bluetooth on my iPod and bluetooth uses more precious battery life, that's not bad. However, it was nice when I used bluetooth with my Treo.

    I'm loving audible again and can retire my Treo and iPod.
  20. imex99's Avatar
    Posts
    634 Posts
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    #200  
    I just can't wait for a stable app, just crahsed classic with audible.

Posting Permissions