Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    With applications confirmed like the SlingBox application, looks like a lot of potential needs to be attributed to the Pre and WebOS in regards to application development. I think we'll be seeing some pretty rediculous applications working in the cloud which, up until now, isn't something that I or many other have thought about or seen. So, what applications do you want to see developed for the Pre?

I was thinking a universal remote application, but I think due lack of RF capability it would be limited to HTPC control. Would still be pretty neat though.
    I would like to see a location aware version of yelp, maybe a version of loopt and an XMSirius app.
    MLB.TV (or Gameday)
    Orb
    Adobe Flash
    Puzzle Game (Tetris, Meteos, Lumines, etc)

Then I'd be happy lol
    Quote Originally Posted by chrissurra View Post
    I would like to see a location aware version of yelp, maybe a version of loopt and an XMSirius app.
    A loopt app has been confirmed when the app's that are coming out either on or near the launch date. So yea we can rejoice cause I to was looking forward to loopt as well. I say the more apps the better
  5. Duo
    Hi,

Iíd like to see:

Skype Ė The full version and not the Lite version.

Spb Wallet - Spb released iPhone/iPod and Symbian versions a few months ago so there may be some hope.

FreeRange RSS Reader - I havenít seen a mention of an RSS reader on the Pre yet but so far out of all the ones Iíve used on WinMob (and Iíve used many) this is my favourite.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    I don't know if this will already be possible, but if it is not, an application like GroupSMSText is a must for me. In fact, my work requires it.

I currently use a blackberry that allows me to create a contact group that I can then add other contacts to, then I can select it as who I want to send a txt message to and everyone in that group will get the txt message.

Any application that would allow me to do this would be great
    I would love to have a feature that would enable auto dialing certain numbers using Google Voice for long distance. Therefore, any non US number or one with a number in a dedicated area code would have the Google Voice dialing prefex added prior to placing the call (Similar to auto dial of a credit card number).

This would enable me to pay $0.01 per minute for calls to Canada, UK etc without any changes required to individual phone number in the contact base. This would save alot of money for people who call outside the U.S. and is an application that anyone who uses it would gladly pay for.

I have used Simon Shnitzer's Call cards which effectively does this using credit cards. It needs to be tweaked a little to work for Google Voice and to work directly as a downloadable application.
    Loopt has already been confirmed either at or shortly after launch.
    MoBill - Use your Authorize.net account to bill your customers with your webOS device!!
    MoJack - Track your lost or stolen webOS device from anywhere!
    Time to get VIRAL
    Quote Originally Posted by Quold View Post
    I don't know if this will already be possible, but if it is not, an application like GroupSMSText is a must for me. In fact, my work requires it.

I currently use a blackberry that allows me to create a contact group that I can then add other contacts to, then I can select it as who I want to send a txt message to and everyone in that group will get the txt message.

Any application that would allow me to do this would be great
    My Centro does that out of the box, so I would hope the Pre would also have this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Quold View Post
    I don't know if this will already be possible, but if it is not, an application like GroupSMSText is a must for me. In fact, my work requires it...
    I believe I saw the InvsbleMan adding more than one contact in Messaging app on the emulator... Besides, Palm OS has that feature so we're all hoping Palm won't take a step back in the functionality it's long time users have gotten accustomed to.

But if you're looking precisely for grouping contacts, that indeed may be a job for a third party...
    Want to get the best Android Apps on your webOS device? Tell HP we need OpenMobile ACL!
    Sign the petition today at http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/a...apps-on-webos/
    I'd like to see someone develop a set of quick links based on relationship for a contact such that I can quickly select a set of links like family, friends, co-workers, group1, group2, etc. This would extend quick dial assignments so that if I'm on my own contact then I can easily access the contact record for my kids (and their spouses & kids), my parents (and on to their parents and/or siblings), my close circle of friends (and on to their relatives), my immediate co-workers (and on to their relatives). If I'm looking at another person's contact record in my contact list, then I can quickly jump via the link to his wife's record or his co-workers record to look up a name or a phone number, etc. Why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by Duo View Post
    FreeRange RSS Reader - I havenít seen a mention of an RSS reader on the Pre yet but so far out of all the ones Iíve used on WinMob (and Iíve used many) this is my favourite.
    RSS Reader has been confirmed since the first few chapters of the O'Reilly book. The book uses the development of an RSS reader as a sample app.
    something like the Zillo application would be cool
    Spotify, Last.Fm, hulu,3g slingplayer,beyond contacts,memory map (especially London A-Z), avantgo/isilo/vindigo, offline push internet browser,hexen,no one lives forever,deus ex,age of empires/mythology, drake's fortune,bioshock, profiles/butler, stock trading apps,shazam,bugme (I hope to run classic if there are no native versions), augmented reality apps/games
    Palm Pre getting location-aware WHERE app on launch.
    I would definitely like to see a touch screen keyboard through a 3rd party application or the OS updated to provide the on screen keyboard.
    Apps that would make the Pre a must-have for me are:

1. A Facebook client- a nice interface, newsfeed, maybe even with a today plugin to show number of pokes, messages, online friends.
    2. An eBay program- similar to the abandonware 'Abidia'
    3. A Friendfeed client- if it incorporated Del.icio.us and Digg that would be even better.
    4. A Photobucket program- that would allow me to browse my pics, but also 'blog this' to post to my blog using a selected photo.
    5. A Flickr program- same as number 4.
    6. An updateable database of the data in PDAdb.net- just being able to use the PDA master or comparer feature on the go would be huge.
    7. A Meetup.com client- I'd even take a mobile version of the website
    8. PageOnce program-see multiple bank accounts, etc.
    9. A GReader program- that syncs with the desktop version to show only unread stories.
    10. Listpro
    11. A Twitter client, with notifications.
    Mobi∑gas∑mic!
    Must have apps - will not buy without:

PdaNet
    OliveTree Bible Reader

Love to have apps - will buy without

Mobipocket
    Kindle Mobile
    Live365 Mobile
    Mahjong with the Hong Kong and American rules
    Soduku
    Go Mobile
    Texas Hold'em
    I would really like to see a GPS based Geocahing app for the PRE. Backberry, iPhone and WinMo currently have geocahcing apps that link the geocaching website to the built in GPS device. If porting web based iPhone apps is such a breeze then I would love to see the iPhone geocaching app ported over for the PRE.
    i would so love a REAL mahjong app with HK, Japanese, Chinese and American rules / tiles. an XM / Sirius app
    a hardcore security app like Warden with the remote SMS destruct feature.
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast